Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Super Easy Garlic Shrimp and Ricotta on Angel Hair

Boolit Grand Master

Super Easy Garlic Shrimp and Ricotta on Angel Hair

This shrimp recipe is extremely simple and easy to fix....should require only two pots, one for the shrimp and the other to boil the angel hair pasta !
    We had two pounds of shrimp left over from a shrimp boil but fresh or frozen can also be used. This feeds 6 persons .

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup olive oil
    6 to 8 large cloves garlic , minced
    2 1/2 sticks butter
    2 lbs. Peeled Shrimp , fresh , frozen or leftover from a boil .
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon cajun spice seasoning
    Cooked Angel Hair Pasta
    16 oz. container Ricotta Cheese
    black pepper
    Grated Parmesan Cheese .

Instructions:
    Boil salted water and cook angel hair pasta while cooking shrimp. Drain when done , set aside .
    Heat olive oil in heavy pan and saute minced garlic until light brown on med/high.
    Add the butter and let melt , do not cook the butter until it's clarified .
    Add shrimp , lower heat to medium and cook until just done .

Place a serving of warm angel hair pasta on your plate , spoon dollops of ricotta Cheese on the pasta , spoon the warm butter, garlic and shrimp sauce over the pasta , top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan , black pepper and salt to taste .

If you use disposable plates you should only have two pots and a few forks to wash.
    We fixed this Sunday night and are having the leftovers tonight....I been thinking about it all day...Good !
    Feel free to add more cajun spice if you like it spicy .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Sounds great to me! Have to give this a try, soon. Just won't mention it to my cardiologist!!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    how could something with 2.5 sticks of butter in it not be yummy good for you we'll be trying this!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

If you've never had Ricotta Cheese , garlic butter sauce and pasta...with or without the shrimp part you are in for a treat.
    My wife is from an Italian family from New Orleans , they ate this pasta sans the shrimp...just olive oil/butter garlic sauce , ricotta cheese and pasta ... which is very good and if you don't /can't have shrimp you should try it without the shrimp .
    try it ...You can cut down the butter and add a little more olive oil and it wont be too bad for you.
    The ricotta cheese melts and blends with the butter sauce...bread for sopping up any leftover sauce on your plate is highly recommended.
    It was my coon *** idea to add the shrimp .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Hope this is as good as the last shrimp recipe I made from this website.

Shrimp is so blasted expensive here (SoCal) I only buy the frozen.

I subscribe to the theory of never ordering Sea food more then 100 miles from the Ocean.

And ya gotta use it the same day you buy it.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Hope this is as good as the last shrimp recipe I made from this website.

Shrimp is so blasted expensive here (SoCal) I only buy the frozen.

I subscribe to the theory of never ordering Sea food more then 100 miles from the Ocean.

And ya gotta use it the same day you buy it.
    If you can't get fresh look for the Frozen Wild Gulf Shrimp , these are wild , not farm raised , caught in the Gulf of Mexico and labeled as from USA . They come in a blue package and are almost as good as dock side fresh . I use them often in cooking . Don't buy any that come from a foreign country, these are farmed and treated heavily with chemicals and antibiotics ...one clue is when you add them to a cooking liquid , like a butter sauce or gumbo , they foam up when added....it's the chemicals !!!
    Nasty...they have a funny taste to them .
    Leave the shrimp out of the garlic butter sauce and ricotta cheese on angel hair dish....it's still a yummy winner dinner .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    If you can't get fresh look for the Frozen Wild Gulf Shrimp , these are wild , not farm raised , caught in the Gulf of Mexico and labeled as from USA . They come in a blue package and are almost as good as dock side fresh . I use them often in cooking . Don't buy any that come from a foreign country, these are farmed and treated heavily with chemicals and antibiotics ...one clue is when you add them to a cooking liquid , like a butter sauce or gumbo , they foam up when added....it's the chemicals !!!
    Nasty...they have a funny taste to them .
    Leave the shrimp out of the garlic butter sauce and ricotta cheese on angel hair dish....it's still a yummy winner dinner .
    Gary
    +5 on that. Anything that comes from the water over there is not served in my house. Also, the Frozen Wild Gulf Shrimp is sold in HEB stores around here. I pay a little more for seafood and crawfish, but most of what I get comes from one of 2 seafood places within a half mile of my house.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.