MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: No Lube Groove Boolit Molds

Boolit Bub

No Lube Groove Boolit Molds

I am looking to cast and load 35 cal. No lube groove boolits for use in sabots. I have a Taurus Judge. You can use 444 Marlin cases to make 410 shot shell loads. So why not use a 410 shot wad to load a .357” to .360” cast boolit of 225g to 250g, SPBT. This combo will be much more ballistically clean then the 45 LC boolits and the long boolit in a full length shot wad do a fair job of filling the 452 bore. Yes you will have a concentricity issue, but deeper penetration and may hold just as tight a grouping. So the question, other than the expense of a custom mold, are none lube molds readily available in non-lube configs by cal & wt?

Boolit Buddy

I have several from NOE (I powder coat so can't help with the .410 loads). but they don't cost any more then a regular NOE mold and he has several options. I have also seen them on Accurate Molds site, but no first hand experience.

Boolit Bub
    Thx Guy

I have a couple nlg molds and am expecting some more. I have a noe .359-173 nlg mold that is my most accurate full throttle .357 mag bullet. In fact, all my nlg molds seem to be very accurate. I am just speculating, but it could be the increased bearing surface to engage the rifling better. I really like them. I also really like powder coat.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Buddy
    Accurate molds has a number of molds designed for pc. They are easy to work with and are not over expensive for even custom molds. I would recommend them, a good quality mold at a reasonable price and in a reasonable time. I have several. A nd have cast many thousands without a problem to date.

Boolit Master
    I just ordered a Arsenal mold for PC, 9mm 130 grain. Everyone says they are easy to cast with. Good Luck

Boolit Bub
    Thx guys for the info.

Boolit Master
    MP Molds also has many designs both with and without lube grooves.