Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: FEDX strikes again

Boolit Master

FEDX strikes again

Low 'n' behold we found 3 boxes on our front porch last evening delivered by FEDX. Our address is 21180 Our Highway. The delivery address was to be 22150 Our Hwy. Our name is not Mrs. HLP and our address is posted in large numbers on a post on the highway at the beginning of our driveway. Now mind you 22150 is down the road a piece, thru the small town we live near and a couple miles the other side of it. I figure the lazy driver was running late, thot whadheck they prob'ly know 'em (we do) so we'll just dump those boxes here. Fed up with FEDX.
    Take a kid along

Banned
    Call FedX and request they pick up and deliver to the correct address.
    Why waste your fuel?

Boolit Buddy
    There was a FedEx truck about 100 yards ahead of me on a multi-lane highway last week. The sliding door popped open and I watched a package near the back fall out and bounce down the center lane. I pulled alongside and honked at the driver. We pulled over and he was visibly upset that he had lost a package. There were probably multiple people unhappy that day... Traffic was not too heavy, so hopefully no one hit the box and damaged their vehicle.

This winter I ordered 2 bottles of de-foamer for our indoor hot tub. Tracking showed it was delivered, but nothing arrived here. I copied off the tracking info and showed the clerk at the local office. I was told the driver that day was off for a few days. 5 days later the doorbell rang and there was a package sitting on the porch. As the driver got back into his truck he said"sorry about that". The neighbors across the road go to Florida for the winter and there were the tracks the FedEx truck made in the otherwise undisturbed snow. The 2 quart bottles of de-foamer were frozen solid. That happened to be the coldest week of the winter with several nights temp 10 below. FedEx company policy must be,"that's close enough".

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Welcome to the club.

Boolit Master
    One of their drivers ran a light an hit the car my daughter was driving with her infant daughter in it.
    Then the driver drove away from the scene. Big mistake for him to do that since my daughter's car would still drive.

About 1983 I got a call from a buyer at my employer who said I got a package delivered by FedX and i said no I didn't. Yes you did said the buyer. He later dropped on my desk and I nearly fell over.

About 3 years earlier a package of small parts to repair a plastic injection mold disappeared in shipping.
    The parts held up deliveries of a government contract meaning I nearly lost my job. The delay in shipping hardware meant that the company was not getting paid $20K per system for each unit that was not delivered on time. I had to get a new set of parts made in Chicago and have then sent again.

Three years go by and the missing parts show up. No biggee according to FedX. They were stuck between the fender and the cargo box in the back of the truck.
    EDG

Moderator Emeritus

I refuse to play delivery for fedex anymore, they dump it I give them 4 hours to get it off my steps or I consider it lost and found.Manager said "you can't do that". It is on my property then it is MINE. Manager drove over after work and tried the I am angry routine with me... didn't fly well when I went down th elist of packages I have had to tack down that were mine! And the list dumped in the rain and ruined...

Banned
    Hey, MaryB—
    I love your biscuits!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Call FedX and request they pick up and deliver to the correct address.
    Why waste your fuel?
    Was going to do that but just happens the husband of the lady the pkgs. were for leases the property just next door. He's been irrigating the last few days. He picked 'em up yesterday.
    Take a kid along