Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ACTIVE: Rerun - Mihec 359 147/150 HiTek Heavy 9mm Competition bullet

Banned

answer me a question. Why do you guys want bevel based cast bullets. I can see gas checked shanks but bevel base?? Seems your asking for gas cutting and I had such miserable luck with getting great accuracy out of bevel based cast bullets in the past that you couldn't give me a bevel based mold. The old 147 lyman bevel base was a dud in every gun ive ever shot it in. Even in rifle bullets a flat base will about allways outshoot a bevel base. Its not like your going to shoot a 9mm bullet at a 1000 yards.

Boolit Grand Master

Rerun - Mihec 359 147/150 HiTek Heavy 9mm Competition bullet

Posted by accident

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    answer me a question. Why do you guys want bevel based cast bullets. I can see gas checked shanks but bevel base?? Seems your asking for gas cutting and I had such miserable luck with getting great accuracy out of bevel based cast bullets in the past that you couldn't give me a bevel based mold. The old 147 lyman bevel base was a dud in every gun ive ever shot it in. Even in rifle bullets a flat base will about allways outshoot a bevel base. Its not like your going to shoot a 9mm bullet at a 1000 yards.
    I am wondering the same. I am on the fence with this one cause want 147 gr with the large HP...

Would this bevel base be ok for a 9mm carbine at 1-200 yards, accuracy wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm A Honcho!
    Hello guys

The bevel base on this was never designed for more accuracy it was there to help with bullet seating.
    The bevel base plain base argument has been going on for ever and I have found no real difference at pistol ranges to about 50 yards if you develop a load for accuracy for your gun, alloy, intended velocity you would be very happy with this heavy 9mm/38-357 bullet.

4 cavity 147gr HP FB
    boomsticksfirearms at lowcountry dot com

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsticks Firearms View Post
    4 cavity 147gr HP FB
    boomsticksfirearms at lowcountry dot com
    You are added.

Thank you!

Boolit Mold
    Im a little confused, but is the option of a 147 HP with a bevel base available? If so, 4 cavity brass please.

nelson390 at hotmail dot com

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve390Gold View Post
    Im a little confused, but is the option of a 147 HP with a bevel base available? If so, 4 cavity brass please.

nelson390 at hotmail dot com
    Hello

147 is a flat base design 155 is bevel in solid form.
    Hp weight less the bb in hp form is around 148ish with my alloy of range scrap.
    Miha adjusts his cherry a to run a bevel or flat base.
    To get a bevel the cherry is ran deeper in the cavity thus making a bullet a little longer which is a few grains heavier.

Let me know which way 147 fb or 155 bb.

Thank you
    WS

Boolit Mold
    Oh yay!! Ok ill take a BB 155 with the HP option please.

I will take
    1 4 cavity hollow point 147 grain bb
    1 set mold handles
    Bri2906 at aol dot com
    Last edited by BigHoss74; 09-26-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Oh and a set of handles for mine too.

Boolit Master

A question about size.

Why not go with 358 or even 359?

It's easy to make them smaller, not so easy to make them larger.

I need 358 for a couple of my pistols.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    So I'm finding some interest in this mould since the GC one seems to be going nowhere. But I have never triedbanybkind of alternative coating, and don't see a "convince me to give up lube grooves" thread in that section. Or a basic primer on coatings. Even the Hi-Tek thread seems to be most showing the stuff off. Is there a basic info thread to convince me to do all this extra work to coat my boolits?

Vendor Sponsor

Hey Guys, Sorry Im late to the party on this one. I designed this profile with the intent that you could get to max power factor with IPDA or USPSA (competition) and at the same time, easily load it in mass quantity for weekly matches.

1) the bevel base is specifically for those of you who know how to do the SMALLEST of flare on your brass and still want quick production style characteristics on your progressive loader. If you are using a single-stage and dont have a problem with 50/rounds per hour, then choose the FB.

2) Your powder charge is EVERYTHING to the success of the load. If you are trying to push this boolit at 1400fps, then you will have leading. Period, end of story. If you recognize that for PF on the IPDA game, you only need 850-950fps then you will adjust your powder to that level, and this boolit will rock-n-roll for you.

3) Cast size is important. But you have to determine what is right for you. Slug your barrel to determine whats best. I've slugged HK's that wouldnt like anything over .357. Conversely my Sigs and CZ's love casting at .360 and sizing to .3585. You need to know your equipment, and not expect the boolit to be silver-magic.

Late Add... 4) Coating IS worth the time, but you will have to practive how to put it on correctly. Whether you use PC or Hitek, it wont help at all if you havent baked it for the correct time. Hitek has been a blessing for me for years now, Pros' use it at all their matches. If applied correctly, it will gain you 100+ FPS without leading. Practice, practice, practice.....

Ok- Sorry Max, I'm off my soapbox now. Hopefully this helps some and not hinders...

Lakehouse2012

Quote Originally Posted by Brick85 View Post
    So I'm finding some interest in this mould since the GC one seems to be going nowhere. But I have never triedbanybkind of alternative coating, and don't see a "convince me to give up lube grooves" thread in that section. Or a basic primer on coatings. Even the Hi-Tek thread seems to be most showing the stuff off. Is there a basic info thread to convince me to do all this extra work to coat my boolits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    A question about size.

Why not go with 358 or even 359?

It's easy to make them smaller, not so easy to make them larger.

I need 358 for a couple of my pistols.
    Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    I am wondering the same. I am on the fence with this one cause want 147 gr with the large HP...

Would this bevel base be ok for a 9mm carbine at 1-200 yards, accuracy wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post

Put me down for the 4 cavity brass HP with all pins 147 grain FB thanks
    mgehlen mesa at aol dot com

Boolit Buddy
    So if I wanted to be able to put together loads which I wouldn't mind using for self-defense if the need arose, or at least boolits I could use for that purpose, it sounds like this is not the mould for that application? Particularly from a "carbine" with a 10.5" barrel? Sounds like velocity is not a friend to these boolits.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Brick85 View Post
    So if I wanted to be able to put together loads which I wouldn't mind using for self-defense if the need arose, or at least boolits I could use for that purpose, it sounds like this is not the mould for that application? Particularly from a "carbine" with a 10.5" barrel? Sounds like velocity is not a friend to these boolits.
    For a defense round, I'd GC them so I could turn up the speed. For plinking out of a 10.5, if you have lead at least 13brn and was running them below 1000fps, you should also like the boolit.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Hey Guys, Sorry Im late to the party on this one. I designed this profile with the intent that you could get to max power factor with IPDA or USPSA (competition) and at the same time, easily load it in mass quantity for weekly matches.

1) the bevel base is specifically for those of you who know how to do the SMALLEST of flare on your brass and still want quick production style characteristics on your progressive loader. If you are using a single-stage and dont have a problem with 50/rounds per hour, then choose the FB.

2) Your powder charge is EVERYTHING to the success of the load. If you are trying to push this boolit at 1400fps, then you will have leading. Period, end of story. If you recognize that for PF on the IPDA game, you only need 850-950fps then you will adjust your powder to that level, and this boolit will rock-n-roll for you.

3) Cast size is important. But you have to determine what is right for you. Slug your barrel to determine whats best. I've slugged HK's that wouldnt like anything over .357. Conversely my Sigs and CZ's love casting at .360 and sizing to .3585. You need to know your equipment, and not expect the boolit to be silver-magic.

Late Add... 4) Coating IS worth the time, but you will have to practive how to put it on correctly. Whether you use PC or Hitek, it wont help at all if you havent baked it for the correct time. Hitek has been a blessing for me for years now, Pros' use it at all their matches. If applied correctly, it will gain you 100+ FPS without leading. Practice, practice, practice.....

Ok- Sorry Max, I'm off my soapbox now. Hopefully this helps some and not hinders...

Lakehouse2012

I'm really interested in this boolit. I know what it's for. However with an as cast size of 357 it's worthless to me. It would also be a great 38 spl boolit. But not at 357.
    NRA Benefactor.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I'm really interested in this boolit. I know what it's for. However with an as cast size of 357 it's worthless to me. It would also be a great 38 spl boolit. But not at 357.
    I'll talk with max about updating that, cause this mold was designed to cast at .359...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I'm A Honcho!
    Hello Guys,

I have been buried at work and not able to spend any time on these buys....
    Again very sorry.

Early on in this buy Miha wanted to standardize his buys so he did not have so many "custom" molds.
    I did a quick poll and the majority wanted .357.

If everyone wants to go to another size I am a ok with it but it has to be among the group in the buy.

Chris hit the nail on the head with his details and I could not have said it better myself!

Thank You Chris for chiming in and helping out

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast