Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I experienced a devastating loss

Boolit Master

I experienced a devastating loss

Yesterday as I was preparing to feed my dogs I herd a yelp come out of the bedroom. I I rushed in to see what was the matter, I found one of my beloved Bullmastiffs, Kimmy taking her last breath. Kimmy had a stroke, in a matter of seconds she was gone. My wife and I are beside ourselves. I minute she was her normal happy self the next she was crossing over the rainbow bridge. It was because of her and my other Bullmastiff, Max, that I’m alive today. In 2013 they awoke my wife and I alerting to the fact that I was having a heart attack. She saved my life, I only wish I could have done more to save hers. I miss her dearly. Thanks to the kind folks at Berceuse pet cremation, Kimmy is being cremated. I live in an apartment so my options are limited. Besides my wife already knows that when my time is up my ashes are to be scattered with Kimmys. I can’t thank Richard from Berceuse enough as he is allowing me some time to come up with the cost. After I explain to him that I’m on disability and it would take me a little time to cover the cost he was very understanding. This was certainly not an expense that I planned on. None of that matters. It’s the least I do for My Kimmy
    Anyway thanks to all fellow forum members for allowing me to share my pain. I know not everyone understands the pain felt over the loss of a four legged family member. To those that don’t understand, I apologize for my post.
    Ray Jankoski
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Ray,
    I understand the pain when a dog is lost. It has been over three years since I had to put our Golden Retriever "Honey" down. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Knowing that Kimmy saved your life must have made her all the more special. We have two Golden Doodles now. People laugh at how attached I am to them. I truly pity someone who has not had a dog they truly love. It is impossible to explain. I will pray for you and your wife during this time of loss.

BNE
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Im very sorry for your loss.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

Boolit Master

So sorry for your loss and I understand the pain completely.

I have a 12.5 year old Great Dane/Lab mix that I love like one of my own kids. He's beginning to show his age and I know he doesn't have much longer to live. I just hope he goes quickly and painlessly.

I will be devastated as you are now when that day comes. He will be my last as I can't go through that sort of loss again.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

I'm so sorry my friend. My dog passed on the way to the vets. I feel your pain. God bless, only time can heal the passing into great memories of a good friend!

Boolit Master

Poppy,

Lost my English Springer Spaniel many years ago and still feel that feeling that I had when I found her dead. Called a buddy. He volunteered to come over. He said nobody should have to bury their dog alone. She was my unwavering companion when I lost my 28 year old wife to brain cancer. They are so precious to us. I know that as time passes all of the great memories will replace the feelings you’re going through right now. Few among us will have the attachment you do with Kimmy but all too many of us know the terrible loss of such wonderful companions.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

So sorry for your loss.

Vendor Sponsor

The bond between man and dog is a beautiful thing.
    Think on tbe good times
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    It's no wonder dog is God spelled backwards, as they are among his greatest gifts to man! I know how it hurts to lose one "before their time", but the gift they give us far out weighs that pain. I'm sorry your hurting, but it's what we give back, you'll always carry a part of her in you heart as long as you live. Peace be upon you!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry for your loss. Its tough to loose a pet.

Boolit Buddy
    So sorry for your loss.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I am very sorry for your loss. My dogs are my best friends and i can't imagine being without them.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss.

Banned

ive got my last labs ashes in a nice box my son made and they sit in the living room waiting. Told my wife when I die I want his ashes our present lab and mine mixed together in that box and buried. Told her she could get in on it too if she could find someone to dig the box up!
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Yesterday as I was preparing to feed my dogs I herd a yelp come out of the bedroom. I I rushed in to see what was the matter, I found one of my beloved Bullmastiffs, Kimmy taking her last breath. Kimmy had a stroke, in a matter of seconds she was gone. My wife and I are beside ourselves. I minute she was her normal happy self the next she was crossing over the rainbow bridge. It was because of her and my other Bullmastiff, Max, that I’m alive today. In 2013 they awoke my wife and I alerting to the fact that I was having a heart attack. She saved my life, I only wish I could have done more to save hers. I miss her dearly. Thanks to the kind folks at Berceuse pet cremation, Kimmy is being cremated. I live in an apartment so my options are limited. Besides my wife already knows that when my time is up my ashes are to be scattered with Kimmys. I can’t thank Richard from Berceuse enough as he is allowing me some time to come up with the cost. After I explain to him that I’m on disability and it would take me a little time to cover the cost he was very understanding. This was certainly not an expense that I planned on. None of that matters. It’s the least I do for My Kimmy
    Anyway thanks to all fellow forum members for allowing me to share my pain. I know not everyone understands the pain felt over the loss of a four legged family member. To those that don’t understand, I apologize for my post.
    Ray Jankoski

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss - it is never easy to loose such a beloved animal.

As difficult as it is, Kimmy gave you three gifts that no price can be put on . . .

1st . . . she gave you and you're wife her love and devotion . . .

2nd . . . . she saved your lives . . . .

3rd . . . . nd with the help of God, her time was quick and she saved you the difficult choice that you and your wife would have had to make at some point in her life to provide her with no more pain.

My wife and I have no children but we have had dogs our entire married life and they were all our "children". Out of them all, we only had one who died a natural death . . . he was my "buddy" and I let him out in the morning to do his daily trek around the homestead . . . on his way back to me, he dropped dead o a heart attack. It was "his time" and I could not revive him . . but I know he went happy and quickly and didn[t have to suffer with failing health in old age . . . I have always considered what happened as a gift from him to ease the my pain at ever having to decide what was humane.

Out thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and while it leaves a painful void, let the good memories of Kimmy help you through the tough times. I'm a firm believer that we will all be reunited someday.

Boolit Master

People who have never been adopted by a good dog will never understand the feeling of loss when a dog passes away.

So sorry for your loss.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I feel you...losing a "family" member always is a heartbreak...we never forget, we just learn to live with the loss...

Banned
    The saddest thing about owning a dog is that we live longer. That said, life without a dog is an empty life. Our current Golden Retriever (our 4th) is a constant joy and boon companion. Our Bailey (who also is allowed on our bed!):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2282.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	241013

Boolit Grand Master

My beloved Scout, black lab, had a stroke several years ago and was her demise. It was a cool fall day but she loved to lay out in the sun. As the skies turned dark and started to sprinkle I noticed she wasn’t coming in. I went down to see what was wrong and she had complete Hemi neglect and flaccid on one side. I brought her in and bathed her and washed her overnight. She didn’t improve over night and was beside herself and very anxious about it. I carried her out and fed her her last meal. She was buried on the sunny hill behind our house.

Dogs are mans best friend. They’re here for a short time to remind us about unfettered loyalty and love.

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. Rest assured it was swift and without a doubt they loved you more than life itself.

Try to replace your grief with a memory of Kimmy that made you feel her unconditional love and her loyalty....put that picture in your mind and the grief will ease.
    I am very sorry for your loss...

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell