Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: Herter's 234 Turret

Herter's 234 Turret

just picked up a Herter's 234 turret. If any of you have one please share any hint, improvements, suggestion for setting it up you'd care to share. This thing is a Beast! I paid 100 for it. I remember 10 years ago passing one for 35 bucks. This one came with Herter's own shellholder adapter.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    I have one any use it. i do have all the Herters shell holder. Good strong machine . the turret to me is too big but does function well. i tried mounting a PM to it but it did not work out. I found the original shell holder will work better than an adaptor. . The new shell holders with not work with the original herter primer arms. the newer SH's have a small diameter center hole
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Grand Master
    I have one.
    Used it a few time just to see how it worked.
    It worked well.
    Don't use it much because it takes up a lots of space.
    If i ever finish my reloading/hobby room, I'll have more space, so I'll be using it more.
    Universal shell holder adapter is a must.

Boolit Grand Master
    An old shooter of my acquaintance had a mutual friend drill additional holes between the existing ones. I never have seen the great advantage others see in leaving dies mounted (how long does it take to install and adjust a set of dies anyway?) but he had about a dozen on it and they stayed there ready to go all the time... overkill maybe, but it was kinda cool.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Bub
    I've got a 234 on the way, hope to get it next week. It has a spent primer catcher on it but no other accessories. Hoping to fabricate a copy of it for my Herter's M3. Do you have a primer tube fixture on yours? Always wondered how well they work and if they are worth the usual ebay price.

Banned
    Herter's primer tube feeds do work. There are three variations, the last one is the most adaptable. The fixture lides over a die body then is secured with a clamp screw. Early ones are one piece and only fir Herter's, or C-H dies. The later two piece unit will fit any dies.
    They are OK if you leave them permanently installed on the press, otherwise set-up is a major pain.
    Ken