Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: Bad 300 Blackout brass

Boolit Bub

Bad 300 Blackout brass

I acquired about 600+ rounds of loaded 300 Blackout from a gentleman a while ago. I couldn't get an answer if he bought them from someone or he loaded them but the shoulders where pushed way back and was causing case separation when he fired them. I checked them in my case gauge and they dropped in nice and deep into the gauge. I pulled all the ammo apart and reloaded them into properly sized brass.

My question is, can this be used for something shorter? 30 Mauser or 7.62x25 perhaps? Or is it better to just to dump it in the scrap bucket and move on?

I hate to see it just scrapped as most of it is LC headstamped brass with a bit of commercial mixed in.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Rimless .256 Win Mag?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

If the overall length is still correct, use fireforming loading techniques to move the shoulder forward.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    If the overall length is still correct, use fireforming loading techniques to move the shoulder forward.
    If this brass was really hard to come by I would say yes but hardly worth the resources for this brass.

I did find that 221Fireball and 22TCM uses 223 as a parent cartridge, I'm thinking 221 FB would be fun with a Contender barrel, I could anneal it and then neck it down with a enough shoulder to properly headspace/fireform the brass to the chamber.

Boolit Grand Master

Couldn't you anneal, then run a .357 expander into them, then run them through your 300BO die to reform the neck and locate shoulder properly?

Boolit Master

Yes , you can expand the neck and reform the shoulder.
    yes you can make 7.62X25 brass out of it.
    yes you can scrap it and start over with newer cheap 223/5.56 brass (or buy new brass).

Pick your pleasure.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

I'll do sub loads to fireform the brass, then anneal, then full size...assuming your shooting from an AR, if not, just necksize.