RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Handloader Magazine loads

Handloader Magazine loads

I have used various 38 Special, 38 Special +P and 38-44 loads tested by Mike Venturino in Handloader. Was wondering if he actually pressure tests his loads in light that many exceed current reloading manuals; although, he adds the disclaimers that the hotter loads are for 38-44 Heavy Frame revolvers (I use these in my Blackhawk 4 5/8 inch 357 Mag and find some of his 38-44 loads to be very accurate...with some nice velocities). His +P loadings are also good and I’ve come very close to duplicating them with same components and powder.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't remember Mike ever claiming he has pressure testing equipment - but he may have sent some loads out for testing. For specific loads you'd have to ask him.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Even if he did/does pressure test them they would not necessarily produce the same pressure in your gun with all your component lots. That is the reason we are cautioned to work up loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Speed View Post
    I have used various 38 Special, 38 Special +P and 38-44 loads tested by Mike Venturino in Handloader. Was wondering if he actually pressure tests his loads in light that many exceed current reloading manuals; although, he adds the disclaimers that the hotter loads are for 38-44 Heavy Frame revolvers (I use these in my Blackhawk 4 5/8 inch 357 Mag and find some of his 38-44 loads to be very accurate...with some nice velocities). His +P loadings are also good and I’ve come very close to duplicating them with same components and powder.
    EDG

Sorry, the articles were from Brain Pearce, not Venturino.

Boolit Grand Master

I know Brian has sent loads out for pressure testing and reports on others that have been. He is quite clear on which is which in most cases.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Either of them could conveniently send their loads to Western Powders in Miles City, MT. It's supposed to be the most modern, highest tech ballistic lab in the country.