Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian T44 7.62×54 are they worth more than a 91/30? 379.00

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Helmer View Post
    Earlwb,

I agree with you. I have a few 91/30s, various Finns and a M44 carbine. All are fine cast boolit arms. I got my M44 about 10 years ago and it is a true MOA 100 yard gun with my Lyman #311467 boolit sized .311."

I did not remove the bayonet because my buddy did on his M44 and his accuracy and POA/POI (Point of Aim/Point of Impact) went all over the place. Since I found the accuracy load for my M44, I let well enough alone.

Adam
    Hummm, I will keep that in mind. Maybe mount a bipod to balance it out some instead. That reminds me of a number of other military rifles that tended to shoot much better with a bayonet attached to them too. It is like they regulated the rifles to shoot best with a mounted bayonet on them.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 05-03-2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: add more info

Boolit Master
    For range time a Finn M39 and any M44 aren't generally going to be in the same league. Like a Mustang vs an F150.

Boolit Master
    I bought my Russian M44 almost 30 years ago for about $135 and maybe the price was a little high today you could if you are really lucky get one for about $350 & up. Priced a great Lee Enfield lately?. get ready for sticker shock. Back then I could afford to be very picky regarding bore condition,stock,matching numbers on any mil surp cause there were so many on the market. Today it's a sellers market as the quality and quantity isn't there. That is true wether its a 1903A3 or a Russian M44. Only thing is that there are still a lot of WWII parts still available for a Springfield rather than a M44. Same with surplus ammo, 303,8mm,7mm,6.5mm and others are no longer available in large quantities. Gun show dealers usually have the same old stuff and inflated prices. I've bought 3 rifles in the last ten years, Persian 98/29, Yugo M48BO, and a Steyr model of 1912 in 7mm made for Chile. Just haven't seen any nice mil surp in a long time. Last dealer at a gun show refused to take the nylon wire tie off so's I could check the barrel. His loss not mine. Frank

Boolit Master

The 44's are particular of whether the bayonet is locked closed or open. It may also change POI also for each position. One way will shoot better than the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12