Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22LR Mosin-Nagant

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    I think they were Polish trainers, looked a lot like a M44 and were well made. Most of what I saw were a little rough with frosty bores. I did pick out a fairly decent one and it shot really well. Should have kept it as I think the price went out of sight.
    Dave
    WZ-48. And yes, prices have gone WAY outta sight in the past few years.

Boolit Bub
    Very cool
    I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT....I'M HERE TO HELP!!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by EO1 View Post
    WZ-48. And yes, prices have gone WAY outta sight in the past few years.
    They are really fun little rifles, and shoot pretty darn well....they are also a bit porky.

I really don't have an issue with this new offering.....

Let me ask you one question, your grand kid sees you out shooting your old mosin, and you can tell he is interested. He wants a gun like you have. So what do you do.....well you can go buy him a "normal" kid rifle, and run the risk that it will not take as it is not "cool" like your rifle is, or do you drop the few hundred and have a bigger chance of getting that 5yr old hooked on shooting for the rest of their life. To me it is worth $400 to put something in the hands of a kid that he really wants to shoot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post

I really don't have an issue with this new offering.....

Let me ask you one question, your grand kid sees you out shooting your old mosin, and you can tell he is interested. He wants a gun like you have. So what do you do.....well you can go buy him a "normal" kid rifle, and run the risk that it will not take as it is not "cool" like your rifle is, or do you drop the few hundred and have a bigger chance of getting that 5yr old hooked on shooting for the rest of their life. To me it is worth $400 to put something in the hands of a kid that he really wants to shoot.

As far as I've been able to piece together, my Granddad ran around Northern France in 1944 spotting for artillery with an '03-A3 in hand. One of my favorite toys as a kid was a mockup Springfield that had a gold painted wooden "cartridge" that nested inside the hollow bolt and sprung forward when you pulled the bolt back. The visual effect - to a kid - was that you were really feeding a round. I got to run around sniping Nazis with my Grandfather's rifle - or close enough for the purposes of a 9-year old.

I'm not sure who the current crop of elementary school kids idolizes, but convincing kid versions of the adult toys - not a bad idea.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12