Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steak, potatoes, onions, mushrooms, bacon and cheese foil pack on the BBQ ...

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    My dad worked a logging camp in the '30s.
    One of my favorite pieces of cast iron cookware that I have came out of the cook shack of a logging camp here in BC ... a BIG Dutch Oven. I've used it to make big batches of chili and stew for large gatherings.

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

I do similar with echrich sausage potato's onions and cheese. Slice the sausage about 1/4" thick, dice potato's up around 1/2" cubes, slice onion Salt and Pepper to taste.fry up until potato's and onions are done. Add cheese. We called it a mess. I add about 1/2 cup of water when starting cooking and cook till waters gone and potato's are just brown. The water helps it cook and flavors to blend.

So last night I did something similar. Made another foil pack with the potatoes, mushrooms, bacon and cheese topping and grilled the steak on the BBQ. Just another variation on what is quickly becoming a favorite meal!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Moderator Emeritus

I do foil wrapped sliced potato and onion and butter on the grill all the time in summer, makes for a quick easy add on to a meal. If I have leftover potatoes use them cold the next day for a quick potato salad with egg, onion, mustard, miracle whip...

Boolit Grand Master
    These packets freeze well, but should be double wrapped.
    I have taken right to of the freezer and put on the grill.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12