Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Report: Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull

Boolit Master
    Never used #9 in the 454, but in 20 years of loading for it, I have never had an issue with the small rifle primers, even in -30* temps and midrange to maximum loads of H110 or 296. I use a profile crimp due with a heavy crimp, and for top velocities these days, I shoot 300-MP, for day to day midrange loads, I shoot HS6 or Longshot, for light subsonic loads I use Unique. Cut my teeth with 454 in the Super Redhawk whe they were released, now I shoot a Freedom Arms, still love the round, and shoot a lot of midrange loads every year. Only cartridge that gets more attention is my 480. I have had H110 squib on me in a 44 Magnum, exactly as you describe, too soft of a bullet lube and hot NM sun contaminated the powder charge, had a hang fire in the 44 once as well with H110 at super cold temps, stopped using CCI primers for that load and never had another problem.

It could be a contaminated primer.

I had a tray, some moisture got to 3 primers in the corner, I wondered so I loaded them like the others and labeled.

One didn’t fire at all, other 2 squibbed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12