RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New shop update

Boolit Master
    Love we don’t have that here. Out in the country there is no building codes not permits or anything.

Boolit Grand Master

I am in the country. farms all around. But a bunch moved out from the city and want just what they left changing the areas.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear.

Boolit Master

Sorry you’re having these issues. I can see a certificate of occupancy for a commercial building and MAYBE even for a house but a shop? That’s garbage, especially after they approved the building permit. Best wishes!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

From listening to the townships meetings ( Im in a wheelchair and don't drive anymore) recordings these 2 busy bodies aren't pushing for a fine or variance now but to make me remove the building or move it. There's over 17 yards on concrete in the floor and around the posts how do you move that?

Boolit Master

Sad state of local regs, ran by clueless people.
    Hope you get this squared away.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    Why did they wait until the building was finished

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know they had the application with all the information on location size and such, approved it and issued the building permit. Due to weather they had roughly 3 months between this and start of removing the old garage. Then there was 3-4 weeks between garage removed and start of building. Then 3 times the building was inspected in process. This was measuring size location road stand off and distance from house and property lines.
    Whats really frustrating is the "mistake " is theirs ( oversight or what ever) but Im the one going to pay the bill for it.

Boolit Master
    So your to close the other property lines road?

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Might be time to find the meanest lawyer you can and threaten suing commission and objectors

Boolit Master
    Exactly

Boolit Master
    And follow thru even if they back down!

Boolit Grand Master

The initial complaint was to much square footage in building compared to house a clause no one knew about. then it was location of building. Now its supposedly bigger than a 3 car garage. Im fine as far as stand offs from property lines road and house. Actually Im fine with the neighbors Ive talked to they really like it. Its the busy body next door playing boss, SHe wants to run the neighborhood.

Boolit Grand Master

As much as I didn't want to do this I just sent a e-mail to an attorney detailing the building and other issues with township. Meeting with him next Wednesday morning. I really didn't want this or the problems but now its time to get my own Junk Yard Dog ad protect myself

Moderator Emeritus

Once some folks get a taste of any type of power they go bonkers. My first home I wanted to put up a two car garage on the side of the house and had to go to zoning board because if setbacks. Old garage was under the house and severely sloped as a car could not park level on it. Fun in ice and snow. Board recommended I build the garage on neighbors property so I could then make a "K" turn and exit property due to road traffic. I basically started to go ballistic in the meeting when a Board member motioned me to wait. He calmly explained to the other members that their option was not realistic, etc.. They approved my plans. I think your getting an attorney is the right move. They probably know Zoning members and can be a bit more reasonable with them.

Boolit Grand Master

Mr Wolf. What makes this so disheartening is all was approved well before ground was broken and started changing just before building was finished.

Boolit Grand Master

Well got a call today that permit was issued and e-mailed still haven't received it though. Still going to talk to the attorney as I don't believe this is over

Moderator Emeritus

Good news and yea covering your butt by speaking to an attorney is probably a very wise move. Goid luck.

Boolit Master
    If the busybody is playing dirty, I'd do the same. Play the handicap card. Play it very loud with the local media and anybody else that will listen. Politicians should suck that up with elections coming.

AND THEN INJECT DOE URINE IN BUSYBODY'S DUCT WORK!

Boolit Grand Master

Well, was told yesterday by one of the township commissioners a copy of permit had been e-mailed to me to get started on garage shop again. Still haven't gotten it in my e-mail. I haven't got a straight story from any of these bureaucrats. Even though Im told its been issued until I have some form of it Im scared to start again.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast