RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New shop update

Boolit Grand Master

Okay Gentleman, Yesterday the electrician was out and got the garage finished up. Got the lines ran for all the machines but 1 outlets lines all ran and to boxes 110 outlets are dine just need outlets and covers in them. Welders outlets need to be ran yet. The welder outlets and big lathe rotary converter need 6 gauge wire. Have the cable from house to garage to run yet.

Talked to heating and cooling today also, a 1 ton mini split is going in the room for heat and ac. wall mounted cassette condenser invertor will be in the garage with a louvered panel in the wall for it. pan and drain to outside. This will keep it out of wind and weather and in cold weather the building warmth will aid it. This will be on a programmable thermostat and power will come off the house side of the box leaving the 100 amp service for the shop and garage. This unit is rated for 700 sq feet I have 550 sq ft.

Im beginning to think of this building in terms of B.O.A.T ( bust out another thousand) LOL.

Boolit Grand Master

Its just money! It will be nice when you get it finished.

Boolit Grand Master

I know, Here in a little bit Im going to order the insulation, and black pipe for the air manifold. Brother in law and his step grandson are coming over tomorrow to start sheeting the walls where the contractors need them. The new senco collated screw gun should speed this up a lot. Have a oscillating saw coming but wont be here tomorrow so use the old jig saw for now.

Seems like every time I turn around Im ordering more nails screws or staples. Im going to be happy to get the stack of plywood out of the way also. LOL. 50+ sheets 4x8 take up a chunk of floor

Boolit Grand Master

Saturday we got the sheeting on the walls where the electrician needed it. This was a little tricky since he needed it on both sides but we had to be able to still install insulation. But we got it done. Sunday Mitch and I framed up the pocket door for the front wall. This door is roughly 8' tall and 8' wide It will roll back into the front wall. This leaves a 8' door in line with the 6' double entry doors. There is a 4' entry door in the back corner of the shop also. Need to drill the door track for bolts to hold it in and mount it up then hang the door. the opening is 2 1/2" and the door will end up 2" thick. Track and rollers are rated for 600 lbs so this door should roll easy for me. This door will be easier for me from the wheel chair and also make a solid secure door. It will also be enclosed on all sides so a good seal for heating and cooling also.

Boolit Grand Master

Electrician was out today power lines ran to machines phase converters and welding outlets. tarted wiring in breakers in panels got all the 110 and 220s in but the machines and welding. Ready to do the walls when the insulation gets here. ( scheduled for 3-26 according to lowes). Need to hang pocket door yet But its also waiting on insulation. He waiting on the 4 breakers for the welding outlets also. Still have to trench the line in from house to garage. He is thinking 2 more days and will have the wiring done.

Boolit Grand Master

Boy is this waiting hard. Im close to being done and theres not much left to do with out the insulation. Im sitting here thinking about the air manifold and its materials but it cant go in until the insulation is in Same with the pocket door can hang the track but cant finish the door until insulation is here. Cant set shelves and organize tooling until walls are finished. same with lights cant hang them until ceiling / walls are done

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, in everything waiting is hard. My favorite cartoon is a Peanuts - Charlie Brown is sitting in his beanbag chair six inches from the TV when Lucy walks in. "What have you been doing, Lucy?" "Oh, I was praying, but I quit". "Why did you quit?" asks Charlie. "Well, I was praying for God to teach me patience, but - I was afraid He would!"

Waiting is especially hard when you can see the end but can't yet reach it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Well this evening we for the 2 outside walls insulated These have the R19 in them. Worked around 2 windows a door and the outlets. Went good Sunday we will hang wall sheeting and rest of insulation if all goes well the door track and pocket door.

Hopefully Electrician and heating wont be tied up to long. Building was a lot warmer with just those 2 walls done

Boolit Grand Master

Sat tonight and figured the air Manifold for the shop out got it for 8 drops into the room 4 on outside of wall. 1 Pressure gauge in the room so I can tell what I have. One drop and valve for water drop. 2 air connects at each electrical outlet one on each side. With this I will only need a couple 15' air hoses, and the air compressor will be in the garage outside of the room. 2 25' runs 4 17' cross and 8 6' drops this will put the drops roughly 4' off the floor. I need one dedicated drop for the feed on the saw. This will increase the tank volume by almost 5 gallons also. Have it figured to go in with 3/4" fall in the 25' length so condensation runs to the drop. when done I will have 8 air couples evenly spaced down each 30' wall. there are 16 110 outlets down each wall so air and electric shouldnt be a problem. LOL also 3 outlets in ceiling but these will be for the lights

Boolit Grand Master

We got the ceiling sheeted and the last of the R 19 insulation in today. The ceiling was 540 sq feet, I think I have enough R 19 to almost put a second layer on the ceiling up above. This was a big job today and went well. Only 4 electrical boxes to cut in, but to be even each sheet had to be cut for width and length. We also started full size sheet then a half on next run so seams dont line up Looks really good, with no ripples waves or rolls showing.

Boolit Grand Master

Today my son put the last 8" screws in the ceiling joists. And we tinkered in the stand for the tungsten electrode sharpener / grinder. Will have to make new guards for the 5' grinder for the conversion. Got the feet on the stand glued and doweled, drying tonight. Started the top and its got one mount glued and drying.
    Tomorrow the heating and cooling come to install the mini split and wire it up. Supposed to be 1 1/2 days to install. Closer still

Pics or it didn’t happen in purple as I’m not going to try it on my phone. Sounds like it’s coming along.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

Looking for materials for converting the 5" pedestal grinder into a tungsten sharpener. I need to make new guards for it, they can be fully enclosed. the electrode will go thru a bushing. Lexan cover to see thru

Boolit Grand Master

My luck is still holding as usual for me. Heating and cooling were here Thursday and Friday. Thursday they had 3 emergency calls and Friday had 4 so they didnt get here until late in the day. They do have the power line trenched in and lines ran from house to unit. The wall unit is mounted and lines ran. The invertor is set in place in building and drain ran out. Have to fill and bleed lines and finish installing they said about a day Friday when they left.

Still waiting on an order from Harbor Freight thats going on 3 weeks now and still havent gotten a shipped e-mail. This order is a set of pipe dies, hole saws, and various brushes I will need for the Air manifold.

Tomorrows plan is to install the floor anchors in the 2 new walls and insulate sheet around room to get it ready for the electrician, He also has about a day to go. Buy sheeting the walls in runs around the 3 walls I will get the electrical boxes in and know how much more plywood I need to finish them.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like its coming together.

I can't wait for the virus lockdown to end so I can see your new shop!

BB

Boolit Mold
    Mr. Gent;

Not to get off track, can I ask exactly what you are going to do in your shop. Are you going to manufacture or is this a repairing some kind of machinery? Forgive me for my ignorance. Thanks.

Muddy Waters66

Boolit Grand Master

My question is - Did you know Buckshot (Rick) and the things he made? He did several things for me that were unique. I don't know if this is your model or not, but that would be nice.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Grand Master

The easiest way to explain this shop is this. First it is a hobby shop not a business. I am a tool and die maker by trade 35 years experience. For those years I did what everyone else wanted, and odds and ends I needed went in my pocket to work LOL. Now Im going to do what I want. I have a few firearms I inherited that need work. I have some other projects in mind also. I will do things for friends and family. Working from my wheel chair there is no way a buisness will be a fo LO. The other is I will be able to teach my grandsons the trade and such along with Pride craftsmanship and ethic. I may make some decorative windmills for the yard. Maybe a 1/4 scale parrot gun. Wind chimes, what ever the mood strikes. LOL.

The big thing is I can do it again. Bringing in work it becomes a jb again and have to do.

Boolit Grand Master

You are exactly right. That's why Rick 'retired' again!
    Wayne the Shrink

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast