Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New shop update

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice looking shop! I have really enjoyed mine although its smaller than yours. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine!

Boolit Grand Master

Here in a little bit the movers will be delivering the saw. then a welder and air compressir

Boolit Grand Master

Saw is here and in the building now. Took the movers 30 mins including unloading lift truck and loading it back up LOL.

Boolit Master
    The Stack of wood went down the walls went up.I am happy my pics came out good.I am realy out of shape I think my hair hurt this moring!

Boolit Grand Master

Ordered the wood to stud the existing walls in anf the black iron pipe for the air manifold on top of the room.

Boolit Grand Master

JUst heard back from the electricians, Next week hes coming out to look it over and give me an estimate. 2 weeks before he can actually get to it.

Boolit Grand Master

That is one nice shop. I keep badgering SWMBO for one but it will be a much smaller. On the order of 12-14 x 20. No lathe so that would be big enough for casting, general work etc.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Im looking at a Millermatic? multi purpose that does mig tig and arc both flux cores and gas. For the saw Im thinking the dake workmatic vertical, would like a doall or marvel rolling saw but they bring big bucks well used even.

We had miller welders in the shops I worked they are good most were a power supply with mig and arc or tig and arc both on them. The weld booth in the tool room had a miller with all 3 and water cooled.
    If you have the money then go for it. If not then the HB Vulcan's get good reviews. I'd go that way myself as I'm not a professional and wouldn't be using it for work.

Boolit Grand Master

THe actual shop ended up being 16 1/2 ' wide and 30' long inside the building. Its filling up quick though.

Boolit Grand Master

There is never enough room in a shop or reloading room!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I really like the deer blind on top of the building.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    There is never enough room in a shop or reloading room!
    Ain't that the truth

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I really like the deer blind on top of the building.

Slim
    I positioned my window off center to allow for a direct line of site. Used a basement window that I installed upside down so I could just lift it up and attach a hold on it to keep it open. Strictly for target shooting ease........

Boolit Grand Master

Air compressor came last week. Wood came also. Haven't got a lot done A medication change put me down with Diarrhea for 10 days. Thank-fully thats finally over.

Boolit Grand Master

Electrician was out today. We discussed what I wanted what was needed. In the garage portion of the building 2 110 outlets on each wall on the outside of the shop wall 2 220 outlets nd an outlet between the doors 110. lights are fine and will be wired into switch. In the room drops for the 2 lathes. mill and grinder will be wall outlets. 1 breaker panel for building and main to shop room inside the entry door, 1 breaker panel inside shop room for machines 1 switch panel inside door for lights in the room. The Air compressor, Saw and rotary converter for the lathe will be in the garage outside the room ( keep the noise out of the shop) the saw so long bars dont have to be carried thru the shop and out.
    Will get the estimate / quote next week. Then to get the heating guys in

Boolit Grand Master

It sounds like you are nearing completion. It will be a nice shop when you are finished!

Boolit Grand Master

In a little bit Im calling the heating cooling shop to fet an idea of what I need for heat and air conditioning plus the estimate. Here the only thing I really want is a programmable thermostat. SO I can set it to come on around 7:30 about an hour before Ill be out and shut down to 55-60* around 5-6. Several think I should heat the whole building but heating a 40' x 50' x 20' to the peak with 2 12" sill vents and an 18" ridge vent is foinf to be very expensive LOL. Im heating and cooling the 16'6" X 30' x 10' Shop room what leaks out thru the insulation can heat the building LOL

Moderator Emeritus

Might want to think about a wifi thermostat. Turn it on a bit before going out in the shop. I never tried one but just an idea. Good luck.

Boolit Grand Master

I sat down and figured out the btus to heat and cool the shop room. Room is 17' wide X 30' long X 10' tall. I figured 14,000 btus with it being well insulated. Would appreciate someone with more experience double checking me. The 2 walls on outside of building are 2X6 construction ceiling is 2x6 joists and the 2 walls inside the building are 2 X 4 construction.

Boolit Grand Master

Heating and cooling man was out today. The tube heater (induction radiant) I liked he didnt recommend thinking it would be to much when under it. He recommended a small heat ac unit inside the building and vented into the shop. with 3 vents just under ceiling level. Furnace would be vented outside. He felt the vent less would have moisture problems. He has the info he needs and is figuring a system and estimate for me

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast