MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Aliant sport pistol powder.

Boolit Master

Aliant sport pistol powder.

I couldn't find a place for powders. So im trying here. Im getting some leading with titegroup. I saw on SNS casting site they recommend Alliant sport pistol powder. Has anyone tried it? Thanks Al.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I've been using it in 9mm. I really like it. It's now my go to powder for 9mm.

Are you sure it's the Titeboom causing the leading?
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Im pretty sure it is. I was using slower powders before and was not having it. Except when pushing 10mm fast through my carbine. And i saw this on SNS site.
    ''Attention All Customers! Over the years, we have noticed one common theme when it comes to dirty/leaded barrels...Powders with fast and or hot burn rates. Here is a link to a powder burn rate chart. We recommend powders with burn rates slower than the top 15 on this list, with the exceptions being Ramshot Competition, Red Dot, and N310. ''

''We HIGHLY recommend checking out "Alliant Sport Pistol." It's an excellent, cheap, and readily available powder that is made specifically for coated bullets. There are plenty of other options out there, so please stay away from very fast/hot burning powders with our coated bullets. Thank you! ''
    Last edited by BigAlofPa.; 04-27-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Man
    I have never used it but have some on the way to try with 40 S&W. I have seen a number of favorable reviews for it.

Boolit Master

Im going to get a bottle of it Monday. Try it out before my surgery. The data is real close to titegroup. The speer manual has data on it.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master

Ok good news. The powder works as advertised. Ran 100 rounds though in 9mm and 380 and no leading. Cleaned the 2 guns. Retested with T.G. And they leaded.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master

Interesting.

Boolit Master
    Alliant BE-86 is right there also I have had great results with 32 h&r 327 , 9mm , 40 , 45 acp , 38 , 357 , 44 mag and 45 colt one of my buddies in 10mm all with Hi-Tek coated bullets from SNS and Summers and my own cast , it has replaced Unique for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I’m on my second 8# jug of SP. It’s a great powder for 9mm. Burns super clean with very little residue inside cases or gun. I’m not sure I buy that it’s any cooler burning than hotter powders. My brass is just as hot as TG or BE powders. Another plus is that there is no degradation to Hi-Tek or PC coatings.

Boolit Master

Don't understand your problem with TiteGroup. I've been using it since it came out over 25yrs ago. I've loaded it for light Cowboy Loads in.38cal, .44cal and .45cal. Used Moly Bullets from Bear Creek, my own Cast with 50/50 & White Label BAC, medium loads too. And even Powder Coat. Never had a problem.
    Probably 100,000 rds.

Only problem is the bad reaction against Plastic Powder Hoppers.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

TG works for me in 45 and 38 and 357 and 44 mag, Just the 9mm and 380. And 10mm in my carbine i have problems. 10mm in the 1911 it's ok.
    One round at a time.