RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Reseating Colt Anaconda Firingpin Bushing

Boolit Buddy

Reseating Colt Anaconda Firingpin Bushing

I’ve been chasing this problem for a while and finally figured out the bushing is slightly above flush. This is intermittently causing the cartridge rim of the round cycling up to snag enough to offer more resistance. The resistance can be felt through the hammer in SA or the trigger in DA.

The reason it’s intermittent is that the recoil sets the cartridge back a smidge and if I don’t lower the barrel, it doesn’t reseat the smidge.

Now the question. Is it just a matter of reseating with a long brass rod through the barrel? Also, is there a more insidious cause for this to have happened?

Thank You for your feedback.

Bevan
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Might try the brass rod if it seats easily than it may be to loose and unseating under recoil. I doubt it though because the pressurized cartridge would push it back. Probably just not seated from the factory. Or the firing pin is pushing it out when the hammer strikes. Never had it happen to me unless I pushed it out.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    I have seen this condition on some guns that were Dry Fired on Empty Chambers Excessively.

Boolit Master
    Not quite sure but I believe that Ruger and S&W use a retaining pin to hold the bushing in place. I have a Redhawk in 44 magnum and can just make out the end of the pin on one side. S&W's are very hard to see like almost invisible. Then again I could be wrong altogether. Either that or they are pressed in place. On a revolver like a Python it may be worth it to call Colt and confirm how the bushing is installed. And am hesitant to suggest using a item like one of the types of locktite. Frank

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    I have seen this condition on some guns that were Dry Fired on Empty Chambers Excessively.
    Do you recall how the issue was resolved?
    It could be the dry fire that caused it. It’s a second hand (+?) purchase that I cannot say I ever used much
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    My friend (very recently deceased) Hughie had a revolver with same problem, and he also attributed it to his son-in-law's regular dry-firing on an empty cylinder. Hugh's daughter would NOT allow anything -- e.g., snap caps -- in revolver while in the house as a safety measure (probably smart) -- but, the revolver suffered.

Boolit Master
    Some people think that dry firing on a regular basis , improves their Ability to consistently pull the trigger and become a better shot.
    That aint true.
    Otherwise, I would go out in the yard, and swing a baseball bat a hundred times a night and not be hitting a ball.
    Wow, I could be in the Home Run Derby in no time.
    Metal hitting against metal without resistance, something has to give.
    If you want to practice, at least use a snap cap.
    Or pay someone to fix the damage you caused.

Boolit Master
    The firing pin bushing on the Anaconda is held in place by a pin according to the schematics on the Numrich website.You might make a post on the Colt forum about the problem.Numrich doesn't have any of the parts except for the bushing retaining pin in used condition.Colt no longer supports the Anaconda for repairs.