MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First try rattle can a Pistol

Banned

double post

Banned

problem ive had with rattle can enamel is bore cleaning solvent eat it for lunch. I saw some tan truck bed liner on ebay the other day and got thinking that that might be a lot better. Only problem is ive only seen it in black and tan. It would take the bumps and brusies better and might hold up against chemicals better and the added benefit is it rubberized so it would make the gun quieter if you bump something. another thought ive had is wheel paint. I did the wheels on my old jeep tj and it held up pretty good for about 3 years and it sure wasn't babied.

Banned

found green and gray and even white but there kind of pricey. Rapor upol makes them https://www.amazon.com/s?k=truck+bed...59&ref=sr_pg_1 I used a raptor kit to do the whole tub on my jk and it turned out real nice and held up pretty good.

If you use bed liner on your stock, mask off the cheek piece so your face doesn’t get scrubbed every time you shoot.

Banned

just did a psa cheapy. Turned out real nice. I used camo enamel and a polyurethane matte clear. It still reacts to spray cleaning solvents. I did some searching around on line and was told to just buy a can of matte clear duracoat and spray right over you enamel paint and it will hold up pretty good. It probably wouldn't be a problem with a bolt gun because I don't hose them out like I do ar15s. Ill try to get the wife to take a picture of it tonight. 3 feet away and youd swear it was a dip. What I did was take each part and acid etch prime them. then I put down a coat of desert camo brown, Let that dry then took some cloth netting (it was a soccer net my step son left here) and layed it on the stock bunched up and sprayed flat black. That gave me the spider web look then I made a stensil with a couple very small cutouts and used them to put just a bit of green in it. let the enamel all dry for about 4 hours then cleared it. Did the cheap trs40 bushnell too. Ive got less then 400 bucks into the whole thing. Turned out so nice I think im going to do the ar10 im building right now too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12