MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry announcement Cowboy Carbine 30-30/35 Rem/38-55

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    True, but recoil is temporary and gravity is constant. On Horseback or at the shooting range it wouldn't be a problem at all. Carrying it around hunting would Tire me out I'm afraid LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    It’s not a issue for me I am going to be 62 years young and stay in excellent shape and with shoulder sling it’s not big deal for me. My training and work outs allow me to handle more than most young kids these days. ��

https://www.facebook.com/RSFSTLLC/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by veeman View Post
    And ugly.

Everyone has their opinion I think they are nice looking guns me 100% American made or not made at all.......

As mentioned, at the price you can still get a Marlin fixer upper and send it off to JES and save some $$. Thing about Henry I appreciate is that they do seem to respond to customer desires. I would guess that they have very modern machining production which permits the versatility. My wish is that they would offer the 24 inch barrels. I have a Marlin CB in 38-55 and an old waffle top in 35R that have those barrel lengths and like them. The 327 mag would be similar to the 32-20 with handloading. I have a Marlin 94 in 32-20 and don't hotrod it but I could use the 327 the same way.

DEP

Boolit Master
    I chuckle when they say "made in america or not made at all" considering that the .22lr that is there claim to fame that the company has been built around is a rifle designed and manufactured by the West German firm of Erma in the late 60's,70's, & 80's and there 1860 henry is uberti parts assembled here by them. I will give them credit for there nice choice of walnut but they haven't come up with anything that tickles my fancy yet.

I like the action a whole lot better than the Marlin they use a transfer bar so you don't have to click the safety off before you fire and a spring loaded bolt block so it can't jam which my Marlin will in the right circumstances
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by northmn View Post
    As mentioned, at the price you can still get a Marlin fixer upper and send it off to JES and save some $$. Thing about Henry I appreciate is that they do seem to respond to customer desires. I would guess that they have very modern machining production which permits the versatility. My wish is that they would offer the 24 inch barrels. I have a Marlin CB in 38-55 and an old waffle top in 35R that have those barrel lengths and like them. The 327 mag would be similar to the 32-20 with handloading. I have a Marlin 94 in 32-20 and don't hotrod it but I could use the 327 the same way.

DEP
    Or I can order the gun buy it and start shooting it the day I pick it up......

Boolit Bub
    I see they kept the removable mag tube when they added the loading gate that is cool. Now why do all the Henry triggers slant forward the wrong way what’s up with that

Every one here seems to be excited about the 38-55. I have both the 35 and the 38-55 and for practical use, using both cast and J bullets the 38-55 would go down the road first if I had to choose. 35R is a great boolit rifle also and one has a much better choice of bullets for light loads. Even deer loads. One has to use a 35R to appreciate it. 38-55 will not kill deer any quicker or better, trust me. The 35 is pretty effective.

DEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FboK4wA1y7A&t=931s This guy does a good job with reviews. I just bought a 38-55 and it should be here this wednesday. I have a Marlin 336 Cowboy in 38-55 my wife bought me for my birthday over 10 years ago. It was 550.00 back then. I paid 859.00 plus 25.00 for shipping for the Henry. I also have a pair of Winchesters in the same caliber. I cant wait to get it and shoot it.
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

Boolit Buddy

Had an email from RK Guns this morning, the new Henry with sn starting as low as 800.

Boolit Bub
    Anyone heard what the bore dia, for the 38-55 will be?

Give me a 375 Winchester in STEEL.

Boolit Buddy
    One step closer to a AR golden boy!
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Boolit Buddy
    Boring barrel length.
    Anything but 20".

1Papalote

Oh man, a side loading gate... I might be down to clown with that.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Quote Originally Posted by 1Hawkeye View Post
    I chuckle when they say "made in america or not made at all" considering that the .22lr that is there claim to fame that the company has been built around is a rifle designed and manufactured by the West German firm of Erma in the late 60's,70's, & 80's and there 1860 henry is uberti parts assembled here by them. I will give them credit for there nice choice of walnut but they haven't come up with anything that tickles my fancy yet.
    Id sure like to see the proof you have that Henry Repeating Arms 1860 Original is made by Uberti.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl52 View Post
    Id sure like to see the proof you have that Henry Repeating Arms 1860 Original is made by Uberti.
    When I worked in the firearms industry Henry was just starting to sell .22's and the company I was with was working with Colt our Colt rep told me about the how Henry's owner got there start up funding. It was buy assembling all those second generation black powder series colt revolvers. Which were Uberti parts finished by Colt and assembled by Henry (Tony Imperito) One thing I learned about the industry is why waste your money on tooling and setting up heavy equipment when you can farm it out. When the Henry co started making "original" Henry's
    it wasn't too hard to figure out. Henry plus Uberti equals "original" Henry. Yes the fit and finish is higher quality but its still coming from the same foundry.

Sorry. I see no proof in your response and there are you tube videos comparing the 2 with differences. Dan at Henry says there made here.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Yes big al the are made here from uberti parts and may I suggest if your going to be an internet TROLL you try ar-15.com or the smith & wesson forum they like your kind over there. I know what I was told BY A COLT EMPLOYEE who handled the 2nd gen bp account.

Sorry not a troll but if you wish to call me that so be it. You still have not provided anyone with any proof that the new Henry Original 1860 is made by Uberti. If this is the case why would they not farm out all of the other models they make. Easy to call people names when you have a keyboard in front of you. Have a nice day
    Last edited by BigAl52; 05-12-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast