PBcastcoRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: To wake up by ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

To wake up by ?

As I have gotten old I'm not 'right' when I first get up . I usually listen to some music after dumping water in the coffee maker . I have a Bunn and it is fast . I usually listen to some music to become fully conscious .

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx-...WjeN7o&index=1
    No turning back , No turning back !

I never drank much coffee. And now, I'm not even allowed to make it.

In the Service, everybody in the hanger took turns coming in early for a week at a time to make coffee.
    When it came to me, I told the Maint. Chief, I didn't drink it, and didn't think I should have to come in and make it either.
    The idea got shot down with a 'tough #$#$%^*(^$#@!@@$%^&*&*' you're going to do it anyway.

Monday morn. I came in, took the big 1/2 empty tank with the oil floating on it from being unplugged Friday.
    I filled it the rest of the way back up, filled the grounds basket that had hair growing on it the rest of the way back up.
    And plugged it in.

It stunk so bad, you could smell it out on the street.

The CO came into the office, got a cup of it, and spit it out, and then was the first time anyone ever heard him cuss.
    "Who the #$#$%^**^$%$#$%%^&**%^$% made this #$#$^%&^%$#$%^&"?

The Maint. Chief looked at me with that,
    'I've gotten you out of trouble before, but this time, you're a gone goose, and I hope you like Antartica' look.

Then, with the wisdom of centuries of previous Commanding Officers, the Colonel looked around the room,
    cast his gaze on the Maintenance Chief, and after a long pause, said,
    ,,,,,,, "If anyone orders Sgt. H. to make coffee again,,,,,, I will have you shot".
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 04-24-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    A beautiful way to start the day.

Proof positive that angels walk this earth. Thanks.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Funny. I use to be the early person in and always made the coffee. The first pot was for me and a few older teachers thst got there early, very strong just the way we liked it. The next few pots I made where very week just like every body wanted. I use to get complements on my strong coffee from a very few early risers that wanted it stout

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

To wake up by ?

I used to make a fresh pot in our 30 cup percolator every Monday. Someone once suggested removing the grounds, but I couldn’t understand why.
    Course Jarheads like thick coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

My Coffee Pot is set up the night before. After I wake up, I stagger/crawl into the Kitchen. Flip on the Coffee maker, take my meds/vitamins. Then grab my Travel mug and stagger/crawl to the Head, turn the sink faucet to full hot and PEE. Fill up the Travel Mug with Hot water and brush my toofie's. Wash my pits & privates, dry & powder, throw on my clothes and stagger back to the kitchen. Dump the hot water from my travel mug and fill it with the LIQUID of LIFE.

Take that first sip, and feel my body react as I straighten to full height. Flex my joints ( as painfully as that is ) .

Grab the yogurt/Kashi mix and peeled banana my Wonder Wife has fixed for me. Take Coffee & breakfast out to my Recliner. Sit down and turn on all three Heating Pads. Sip my Coffee and eat breakfast. Watch the early morning news.

In 30 minutes I'm ready for my 2nd cup and I can move well enough to do my morning stretches.

And then I'm ready for my last cup. 12 oz's each.

And My Wonderfull Wife sets up the machine to make the Perfect Coffee the Night before.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Proof positive that angels walk this earth. Thanks.
    I agree Pine Baron ...she is special . Her story ;

Kaylee Rogers, 11-Year-Old girl from Donaghadee, Ireland with Autism; Sings Moving Rendition Of ‘Hallelujah’; you wouldn’t know that from listening to her sing.

The young girl at the age of 10, a student at Killard House Special School in Northern Ireland, who suffers from autism and ADHD; stunned the online world with a choir rendition of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” recently.

Colin Millar, the school’s principal, told BBC News that Kaylee is often shy — but not when she sings.

“All my kids have talents, as well as barriers, and this is hers.”

“She’d be a very quiet little girl, but when she sings, she just opens up,” he said.

Kaylee started attending Killard House a few years ago, in order to help her address learning delays. She’s overcome some incredible challenges to share that voice with the world and singing has helped her build up her confidence

“For a child who came in P4 (7 to 8 years old) and wouldn’t really talk, wouldn’t really read out in class, to stand and perform in front of an audience is amazing. It takes a lot of effort on Kaylee’s part,” Millar said.

“Hallelujah”, written by Leonard Cohen over the course of five years, was recorded by dozens of famous artists. But, Cohen passed away in November, just weeks before Kaylee Rogers’ rendition of his most famous song was released. Somehow, we’re sure that Cohen would approve of this stunning remake.

Hear Kaylee Rogers sing “Hallelujah” with the Killard House School Choir.

Boolit Grand Master

Boaz I understand what your saying. I wake up and get sat up in the edge if the bed Take my meds and lay out the evening batch. I usually sit there 1/2 hour getting the legs to work. get dressed and fix some breakfast. It may take me anywhere from 1/2 hour to 45 mins to get going. Some days just getting sat up is a real chore LOL

Boolit Master
    I know I'm alive in the mourning because something hurts.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Precious children! Thanks Boaz!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Hit the alarm at 7am. Reach down and rub on the puppy. Ask her if she's hungry and she jumps out of bed. Swap the K Cup for a new one and press start. Scoop of food for puppy, scoop of food for cat. Pee. Grab coffee and take puppy to pee. Come back in, read news, read this forum, check Craigslist, get dressed and out the door.

Boolit Master

I worked with a co-worker that had his personel pot with his coffee in the lunch room. He would come in and make a pot of coffee. Several of the coworkers would come in and help themselves to his fresh coffee.
    He got tired of providing free coffee to everyone with no compensation.
    One morning he made a pot with half coffee and half Copenhagen snuff. After a couple hours several of the men got sick and went to the company nurse for stomach pain. It was soon determined that the common thread was the coffee pot. He admitted that he used Copenhagen to make the coffee. When asked why he said he liked to make his coffe every once in a while with Copenhagen. And if the moochers could not handle it that was their problem.

Well I have put this one up before . Book of Revelations describes the end of times . The pouring of the vial's , the sea turning to blood , men will hide in the mountains seeking death rather than GOD's judgement . I have always liked this one .

I have never figured out exactly why some can't see GOD by his works around them , by the miracle , gift and blessing of their own lives . I'm aware of the temptations of a fallen world added with given choice . Our faith should start with a healthy fear of GOD ..then you see the blessings when you look .

............................................. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ND8DZhtnY

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    I know I'm alive in the mourning because something hurts.
    This .... /\/\/\/\
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    As I have gotten old I'm not 'right' when I first get up . I usually listen to some music after dumping water in the coffee maker . I have a Bunn and it is fast . I usually listen to some music to become fully conscious .

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx-...WjeN7o&index=1

Sounds like my mornings until one day, I was kind of groggy from the night before and when I woke up, I took the wrong meds. But, Boeing the eternal optimist, there is a good side....for the next three months I am protected from fleas, ticks and heart worm...but I do have an incredible surge to chase cars and squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by hwilliam01 View Post
    ...for the next three months I am protected from fleas, ticks and heart worm...but I do have an incredible surge to chase cars and squirrels.
    Whew.
    Hopefully, nobody will find you curled up licking,,,,,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,, you know.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I no longer have any particular time to get up. So i get up when i get up. When i was still working i always worked in small shops because i knew i would not be at work on time. I would tell my boss that if it was going to be a problem i can always get a new job (never told them until i had been on job a while.) I was not a morning person the last job i had i doubt i was on time 10 times in 10 years. As far as coffee goes i will not give it up gave up smoking gave up drinking went on diet. I only have 2 cups in morning but this is were i draw the line.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I am retired so no set time for me to get out of bed.
    So, of course, I am awake every morning around 4:30AM, get up for a few minutes, check the house and go back to bed. Generally toss and turn for a while and finally doze back off til 7:00AM.
    Shower, get dressed and make my first cup of Earl Grey tea and eat a banana. No longer take any meds other than an aspirin, a multi vitamin and a couple of Advil. The aspirin is because of a couple of strokes I suffered back in 2012 and the Advil dulls the results of too many operations, radiation and chemo treatments along with a bit of arthritis.

I drink Earl Grey tea pretty much all day and night....pretty much addicted for the last 40 years.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast