Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To wake up by ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Well ! Late posting today . But on the bright side suns up , world is still turning and life goes on . The trumpet hasn't sounded though it could happen any second . Best to keep your bags packed ..so to speak .

I randomly thought this morning...What have I done to 'earn' or warrant eternal life ? Well I can't justify enough or anything that would buy my way . We are told in Isaiah 64;6 ;

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”

In my 'opinion' my sin helped drive the nails in Christ's hands and feet . He hung dying and ;

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

There a lot more to that story that provides me the offer of salvation . I think of what he's given and compared it to what I have done for him . I'm afraid I come up short . When I think he created me and all I am and all he has given it is hopeless to think I can 'earn' my salvation . But he offers it freely through Christ ..our Savior . The curtain was rent and Christ paid my debit that I could not pay .

Folks are negligent usually in counting their blessing it seems and I'm no better many times . Being who we are we tend to dwell on what we want forgetting all we have ? If you think back you realize how much he loves you .

................................... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdT5BK-eqVY
    No turning back , No turning back !

USMC 77, USRA 79

I sure enjoy reading your pondering’s on the word... I feel like I found somebody’s journal sometimes though.. don’t mean to be looking over your shoulder....

I sure don’t wanna make mine public.. me and the boss know what’s in it..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Well I'm posting late . Went to Walmart way early this morning and believe it or not worked on my income tax for the end of the year . I detest paperwork but with a poor memory these days I figured to get it done . Closed and sold my shop in February , I think it's harder to get out of a business than starting one .

I get troubled regularly not so much by atheists or other flavors of non believers but by those who at a time professed their faith in GOD . Societal pressure , currant trends , popular 'opinion' or whatever . How do you profess faith and then walk away ? It's very troubling to me , more so than the lost that never knew GOD . But how do you walk away from GOD ?

I'm pretty sure I can say we have all wandered or become distracted but if you know GOD you can walk away ? However there is not just hope for them ..there is assurance of forgiveness through admission and repentance .

2 Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Timothy 2:12
    If we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;

Revelation 3:16

16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

.................................................. ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQjOsko0VI

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    I sure enjoy reading your pondering’s on the word... I feel like I found somebody’s journal sometimes though.. don’t mean to be looking over your shoulder....

I sure don’t wanna make mine public.. me and the boss know what’s in it..

Thank you Markopolo.

Well dogs fed , chores done , suns up ! Got a lot to do today..mainly just regular ol dumb stuff to keep the ball rolling . lol , time to face the challenge of another day in a fallen world . BUT ! In the end all this shall pass .

Lord be with me and guide me . Help me through your Holy Spirit in all things today . Give me enough wisdom and discernment to do what you would have me do . Please bless all here to keep to the path you have for them today . Thank you for all you do in our lives every day . Amen

.................................................. .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2Khfy75Kg

It's gonna be a good day !

USMC 77, USRA 79

Lord, Help me today be safe when skinnin that bear you blessed us with yesterday evening... I keep my knife sharp.

Psalm 121:1-8 NKJV
    [1] I will lift up my eyes to the hills- From whence comes my help? [2] My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. [3] He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. [4] Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. [5] The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand. [6] The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. [7] The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. [8] The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

Dang ! I'm tired this morning and done had better than a half pot of coffee . Been kind of busy the last two days and can't seem to catch up . Was randomly thinking of Timothy 1;15 . Left my bible on the front seat of the truck last night so had to 'google' it , wanted to READ it for thought . Reading GOD's word just seems more thought provoking to me than going by my failing memory , just a personal preference I guess ? Timothy 1;15 ;

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

You might keep in mind I'm thinking in my own situation ..not yours . Even Paul admitted and listed his failings , seems to me the second step is SERVING my Lord . The first step would be to ACCEPT him as a my Lord and savior . Through profession of faith , renewal through baptism and partaking in communion recognizing his teaching and sacrifice to me . Admitting I am his creation and all I am is due him .

Well heck that sounds pretty easy don't it ! But not really a lot of times . Satan , living in a fallen world and my own nature complicates things . I find I seek discernment and wisdom daily . In my own strange and 'wonderful' way I always think of the old life alert commercial ..Help me ! I have fallen and I can't get up ! Many times I need a hand up that only he can provide .

GOD is a reality . GOD is there to lead me and to help me . These are finite facts to me and if I don't rely on I him I am adrift in this place .

Philippians 4:13 ;
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

LOL , thought about putting up a lot more supporting verse but I'll stop there . The sword of GOD..his holy word is filled with his promises of faithfulness to us . I hope today is a good one for you .

I will put Kaylee up again...simply because I like it .

...............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx-...&start_radio=1
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-18-2019 at 08:56 AM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Bless Now on your day. May your efforts be multiplied

Going fishing for steelhead and sea run cutthroats.. long hike with hungry bears fresh out of hibernation. Don’t wanna end up inside one. Pray hedge of protection.

I might have enough coffee in me to at least make a little sense now , been up an hour or so . It rained all day yesterday and the day was uneventful . Even in that it was a blessing in that nothing bad happened . As a matter of fact I talked to a few people that their situations in this life had improved which is always uplifting .

You know although much of the book of Revelation is apocalyptic in it's description of the end time I find it much more uplifting than something to fear . I'll not attempt an interpretation of the scripture on the internet . BUT ! I would share these few lines of verse that need no interpretation because their meaning is self evident .

Revelation 21;1-5
    Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
    5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Although it's all good news and true you might dwell on verses four and five ;

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
    He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

I don't think it could be any more understandable than as written and needs no interpretation . More of GOD's promises to us , it even says to write it down...that's pretty profound . GOD does not fail in his promises of love and mercy . He has prepared us through his living word all along . I find great comfort in verse four ...'He will wipe every tear from their eyes'... my future of eternal life with him will not be scarred by this world . You make of it what you will .

It's my hope everyone has a great Sunday as we give thanks to our Lord in who he is and all he has done for us .

................................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvB-SfVRzOg

Well I rolled out...slowly . Got the coffee made (thank you Lord for Bunn coffee makers) got the starving dogs fed . Checked my email clicking off the ads for for senior's dating clubs , braces to cure lower back pain , special cut rate offers to check my DNA and other totally 'amazing' offers . It's past time to change my email address .

I don't sit around and dwell on the by gone days of yesteryear but I do find I periodically reflect and compare growing up to the times now . I don't yearn to go back there , our Lord has given the world much in the way of knowledge since then . His gifts can be used for good or evil , seems we get to chose many times . Occurs to me we have been given more to improve our lives here in the last hundred or so years than any time in the history of mankind . But as usual we pervert what's given to fulfill our own human cravings instead of strengthening our faith in our creator ..the giver of all things . It's no wonder GOD gave up using miracles to show that he WAS GOD . Only the faithful can see and give him credit instead of trying to find a scientific , technological reason for them . And when that fails they simply mark them off as an non explainable one time event , a fluke or lay it to the paranormal . How often does the news mention that GOD may have been involved ?

Well you can pick that apart ..lol . Could simply be the ravings of an old man . Hoping everyone here has a good day and hope you mention his name to others . Seems many have forgotten him out there ? He's still with us because death could not hold him .

Isaiah 42;18-20
    “Hear, you deaf;
    look, you blind, and see!
    Who is blind but my servant,
    and deaf like the messenger I send?
    Who is blind like the one in covenant with me,
    blind like the servant of the Lord?
    You have seen many things, but you pay no attention;
    your ears are open, but you do not listen.”

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMOYGUrGg4
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-20-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Woke to rolling continuous thunder this morning . Living in a relatively dry country this spring has been a wet one with much rain . Doubt the wheat farmers will make . Harvest should start next month but most of the wheat will be black rotted . Mattie the rat terrier is hiding in my bedroom closet shaking . My roof shingles are seventeen years old , had two big wind storms in March and April . Had shingles laying in the yard on the north side both times . Had to have it patched both times , will get a new roof this summer in late June or July . In this country if you don't do it in hot weather the shingles won't seal and you'll have constant heck with it . I live at the gateway to West Texas...the wind is always with us . An old joke in West Texas was ;

If your hat blows off your head don't chase it ...just grab the next one that rolls by .

Things change don't they ? Each day is a new experience , problems that happened long ago are forgotten..pushed back into the corners of our memory . What seemed life changing events are usually overridden by a new problem . We change to fit the new situation into our lives or dwell on it letting it possess us . Many seem to like hanging onto misery choking every bit of grief they can squeeze out of it .

Psalms 62:8
    Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

1 Peter 5:7
    Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Much more supporting verse to be had . He is with us , GOD is constant . He is always there . Not to say as one who has failed many times but I speak from experience . Give it to him . It's what he wants ...to share our lives . He promises to help and GOD does not lie .

.............................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs

Yesterday was a pretty day . Sun was out , blue sky's and lots of mocking birds singing in the mesquites around the house when I went out in the morning to get in my SUV . I even stopped to listen to em for a few seconds after I opened the door to the SUV going to town . Wind was blowing some but here the wind always blows .

Haven't posted for a couple of days . Just caught up in daily life...I offer no excuses . I woke bout four in the morning day before yesterday and my son beat me up , he's staying with me right now trying to get his own business started since I closed and sold my shop back in February . His name is Robert Matthew , he didn't inherit my propensity to get up early so I knew something was amiss . Come to find out he had been up with a toothache all night . I got my shoes on and drove to the super Walmart in town and got him some toothache medicine ...but it didn't help . His face had started to swell so it was abscessed . He got it pulled yesterday so is better .

Also day before yesterday in the evening took my shoes off , thought the day was wound down . Thinking about making something for supper . Got a phone call . Lady in Dallas was excited saying Her sister with Alzheimer had fallen down behind her door at the rest home here and was screaming . She was blocking the door and the staff couldn't get to her . They didn't want to shove the door in because she might have broken a hip , hurt her back or whatever .

I put my shoes on and left to the nursing home . Got nearly there and an RN named Tina called me crying and telling about the lady , I told her I had talked to her sister and was almost there . Got there and the maintenance man and helper were trying to figure getting in the room . I'll cut the story short . He ended up getting the extension ladder while me and his helper held it while he climbed it and beat her second story window out with a three pound shop hammer . Climbed in and gently moved her enough so staff could get in .

Fire department EMT's showed about that time and it was a circus . They were contacting the Hospice nurse to come check her too because she's under Hospice care . Portable x ray people were called and her doctor to come . Four hours later I was feeding her in her Jerry chair in the lobby . She calmed down , she quit shaking , she wasn't hurt and they put her to bed .
    We never know what he'll lay in front of us .

Well came in from spraying/killing weeds yesterday and went in getting a diet coke . My crew gathered round wanting to help . Left to right is Hershey , Mattie and Ariel . Thought ya'll ought to see the ones that I mention plus I was just sitting on my butt drinking a Coke .

We never know when we'll be called .

Isaiah 65:1
    I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
    I was found by those who did not seek me.
    To a nation that did not call on my name,
    I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’

Likely the most used hymn used in an alter call or invitation in my world . I knew the words to it since I can remember . Discribes the most of us I would suspect . Always preferred it sung as a solo ...keep it simple ?

.............................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oSB3elWY4
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-24-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks for sharing Boaz. Man, you never know what's around the corner. All it takes is one phone call.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

USMC 77, USRA 79

With all that, you could look under your shirt and see if there is one of these under your shirt...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D44A49B-8FC9-46DF-8E79-15616E97E478.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	242330

See what happens when you are 50% supernatural Holy Spirit???.

Have a blessed day. heading out to Men’s Prayer. Don’t forget to pray for my friend Scott and Beeman...

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    With all that, you could look under your shirt and see if there is one of these under your shirt...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D44A49B-8FC9-46DF-8E79-15616E97E478.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	242330

See what happens when you are 50% supernatural Holy Spirit???.

Have a blessed day. heading out to Men’s Prayer. Don’t forget to pray for my friend Scott and Beeman...

I thank you for the thought but I'm no where near a superman . No self aggrandizement meant on my part . Just trying to show all the big , small and unexpected things that lay along the path . I fail many times .
    Realizing my limitations I wonder at times in some of the situations he has seeming thrust me into . Most are much 'easier' than the nursing home situation I mentioned . So many times I know I can't 'fix' a problem but I'm put there anyway . It's not mine to 'fix' ...he is working .

I totally agree with you in trying to use the Holy Spirit in our lives every day .

USMC 77, USRA 79

Your dogs are saying... “let’s Go Dad” or “whatcha wanna do now”

Alone we are nothing.. in the spirit, he makes us supermen to accomplish his will. We only fail when we don’t have faith. All through the Bible, God uses the “least of these” to accomplish his will.

John 14:12 NKJV
    [12] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

It’s all in your perspective. Not to be prideful or boastful. But in our weakness, He can and does make us supermen.

2 Corinthians 11:30 NKJV
    [30] If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity.

Bless you sir.

Thanks for answering the call.. you had a choice. You chose to serve.

Marko
    Last edited by Markopolo; 05-24-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    I know I'm alive in the mourning because something hurts.
    yes to that

Suns nearly up , the east is lighting up . Managed to not drink about two cups of coffee so got enough to make it to daylight . Been a morning of retrospective thinking...off and on . Things have changed .

We tend to think of our childhood or younger days as a better time . I was born in 1952 , grew up in a poor neighborhood the local folks called..Dogpatch . Basically just an old poor part of town . There was a lot of meanness and quite a bit of misery there . Old folks lived with their children or if they had done well they had an old house paid for . Few had teeth and they chopped their food up as they ate . Their biggest pleasure seemed to be sitting on the porch dipping Garrett snuff and spitting in an Arbucle coffee can . There were two kids on my street with polio , they wore the leg braces and had to be carried a lot . In elementary school they were always collecting money to buy iron lungs that people with lung and other ailments could live a while longer confined in one .

There was an old couple across the street , George and Lizzy . George was a plumber and Lizzy was a full blood Cherokee . Lizzie kept me during the day when I was small , don't know why but she called me Bo...I liked Lizzy . She would put her bonnet on and we'd go work in the garden and feed the chickens then gather eggs . Every once in a while we'd kill a rooster and dress it sitting on the back porch . Their grandson Steve lived with them . He stayed in the extra bedroom , he had muscular dystrophy . She would help him out on the front porch to a wood chair with arms so he wouldn't fall out of it . There was no air conditioning so it got dang hot in the summer . lol , we didn't have air conditioning either . Dad kept four old WW 2 army cots leaned up against the back of the house . Come time to go to bed you had a choice . You could stay in the house and near sweat to death till around one in the morning or sleep outside and fight the mesquites .

We had a one bedroom small house . Half the living room was mine and my sisters bedroom with a curtain mom made to separate us . We had chickens from time to time and grew a garden ...everyone had a garden that could work it . We were poor but I didn't know it . We ate good , bathed daily , went to church and were satisfied . My parents loved and took care of me and my sister .

In retrospect I'm glad my life growing up was like it was . When I see all GOD has given now , seeing people only wanting more it makes me think back to that time . Smallpox was still a danger , parents worried their children would get it . I remember families getting quarantined in their houses and neighbors bringing food and things leaving them on the porch . Medical problems that can now be prevented were a slow death then . You knew your children would most likely get scarlet fever , mumps , chicken pox , measles and a host of other contagious diseases that are non existent now .

GOD has given us a lot in a short period of time as we know it . I have been blessed beyond measure . In thinking of what was not so long ago it's hard to take all I have for granted . Thank you Lord .

James 1:17
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

2 Corinthians 9:8
    And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

He is with us ! He does not forget and he is ever there . Hope yours is a good day !

.................................................. .............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDeiy9-t2GE
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-27-2019 at 05:53 PM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Very nice sir.

Been an extra quiet morning seems like ...after I got the dogs fed at least . Sun will be up in an hour and yea as usual I'm stretching out the coffee . If I finish off the first pot I have the compulsion to build another . Just another sign I'm not very bright being on water pills ...or maybe it's the mild obsessive compulsive nature/mental illness I have ? Am I simply just stupid or driven by an inner self destructive tendency ? lol , never been diagnosed with a compulsive 'disorder' but it has served me well in most situations having learned to harness it about 82% . The other 18% leads me astray at times . I'll let you decide . When you get it figured out let me know !

If you can't laugh at yourself don't even think about laughing at someone else . We all have eccentricities and tendencies that can be self destructive or self defeating . I like to think of myself as being pretty dang stupid usually . I'm not too impressed with what I 'think' I know , I'm more impressed with what I don't know . So therefore I can provide a perfectly logical excuse for everything when I screw up ...basically I'm just not very smart .

Since I delved into my past on the last post I'll do it again . Might seem an odd thing to put up but might provoke thought . I had three people that were important to me die when I was six years old . I'll start with Mr. Knolls .
    Mister Knolls was an old man that lived five houses west on the same side on the street we lived on . He was a WW 1 veteran , Army cavalry , he had fought in France . He lived in a one room shack he built that had a lean to on the back . He still had his cavalry saddle and several old rifles . He would let me looked at them every once in a while .

lol , me when I was 5-6 years old .

He was poor , I'd even say destitute . He had a horse lot in back of the house and kept a team of horses . He plowed gardens or anything he could do . I mentioned me and my sister delivering plates of food on our street and that's how I knew him . I'd go visit him pretty regular and he always put up with me , he didn't have any family close . Every once in a while he'd ask me to stay and eat with him . He would add extra water to one can of Campbel's soup and split it with me . He only had a few old time tin high rimmed plates and we would sit and eat watered down soup with a spoon . I though it was fun .

He lived next to old lady Barton , she had a nice house with a fence , fruit trees and a lot of flowers planted . One day she caught me sitting in her mulberry tree out by the alley eating mulberry's I figured I was in big trouble . She just told me not to fall out of the tree and went in the house . To end this story I'll speed it up .

Apparently Mr. Knolls was warming some soup or something and had a stroke or heart attack ..no one really knew . He passed out on top of the small cook stove setting himself on fire . It was after dark and he managed to drag himself outside to old lady Barton's fence hollering . She found him and My dad with several others loaded and hauled him to the hospital . Neighbors took turns sitting with him . He died in two or three days from the burns . My mother had sat with him taking turns with others . She was upset ..she said it was a terrible death and that he suffered a lot .

I liked Mr. Knolls , he was my friend .

Lord be close to all of us today . Lead us seeking your Holy Spirit to build ourselves in you . Guide us in purpose and thought to glorify you in our acts and words . Give us strength through your wisdom to lead . Help us to help one another here in holding you up as our vision . Thank you for all you have given . Amen

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oni0tO_HN30
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-28-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast