RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To wake up by ?

Boolit Master
    Winger Ed. You crack me up, I bet your actions were deliberate. Regards Stephen

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Well as I start 'trying' to type with one finger after one cup of coffee it's 4;11 . I ain't plumb 'right yet but got the three spoiled house dogs Mattie , Hershey and Ariel fed . Got this playing in the background wearing headphones . My son is staying with me and trying not to wake him .

..............................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdvReNKKuk

Getting up at four in the morning without cause has to be a form of mental illness . But it's a good time to contemplate...after two cups of coffee at least . There probably are 5-6 others like me awake in the western hemisphere but their not right either . Well just changed the 'channel' to this ;

.................................................. ......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDqTENtNvKQ

Time to get ready for the world . When folks in the stores say..Have a nice day ! I away tell them ...I determined to ! Verse from Isaiah ;

I am your God and will take care of you until you are old and your hair is gray. I made you and will care for you; I will give you help and rescue you. 5 "To whom will you compare me?" says the Lord. "Is there anyone else like me? 6 People open their purses and pour out gold; they weigh out silver on the scales. They hire a goldsmith to make a god; then they bow down and worship it. 7 They lift it to their shoulders and carry it; they put it in place, and there it stands, unable to move from where it is. If any pray to it, it cannot answer or save them from disaster. 8 "Remember this, you sinners; consider what I have done. 9 Remember what happened long ago; acknowledge that I alone am God and that there is no one else like me. 10 From the beginning I predicted the outcome; long ago I foretold what would happen.

I hope ya'll are 'determined' to have a good day ! Stay in the Spirit and listen for that small still voice . it helps .
    No turning back , No turning back !

It's Saturday ..Our Lord is with us .

Got started late here . Had messages to send , some were hard . You know I wish I had more answers than I do ..but I don't . Everyone has trouble , it just rubs off on you in this place . But our future looks bright and he is with us through it all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL06fxHPVo

Psalm 94:17-18
    Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
    When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

Well it's Sunday . Got up bout 45 min ago and stumbled in the kitchen and got the Bunn going . It's raining , thunder and lightening all night . My rat terrier in her old age is scared to death of thunder storms , she is staying between my feet everywhere I go . I'm sitting and got coffee putting this up and petting her as she pushes on my leg shaking . I suppose she gets some comfort just knowing I'm here and know she is scared , I'm all she has . I can tell her everything is alright and the storm will pass but she doesn't understand .

I like most have had a lot of storms in my life . Some didn't seems survivable at times but GOD was always there . Sometime we focus on the trouble instead of turning to him...it's our nature to take it on ourselves . Definition of faith is ;
    .................................................. ...........Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

GOD is always there . Even when we cause our own problem .1 Corinthians 10:13 ;

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

We are also tested by GOD in our faith and to build us beyond our own capability . Abraham was commanded to offer his son Isaac in Genesis . Abraham himself was tested . Psalm 40;1-2

I waited patiently for the Lord;
    And He inclined to me,
    And heard my cry.

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
    Out of the miry clay,
    And set my feet upon a rock,
    And established my steps.

.................................................. ......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs

I hope everyone of you have a good worship day . He's with us all .

Well I have been up about an hour and a half , drank 3/4 of a pot of coffee . Rain quit yesterday , it's puddled up everywhere but I got my yard mowed the day before so that's a good deal . Dogs are fed and went off to find a soft spot , Mattie the rat terrier survived the storm , as usual the storm passed . Need to hook up the little yard trailer to the riding mower , get the battery chainsaw and start cutting down a dead mesquite tree out back . Can't drive the truck back there it would get stuck till it drys some .

Had a good day at church yesterday . A couple committed themselves to provide a Christian home for their baby , that's two Sundays in a row with parents loving their child enough to commit to raising them in him . A young boy was baptized...always a celebration . Service ran about an hour late but well worth it .

Lord guide me today . Lord use me , give me through your Holy Spirit direction . Give me proper discernment to see and use me . Help all here to accomplish your will in their lives through you . Clear our path today to serve you avoiding the distractions . Thank you for all you do . Amen

.................................................. .................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aIhta9exts

Hope everyone has a good day !

in Remebrance
    Amen to that, Charlie. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Well got here late this morning . Done drank a pot of coffee , dogs fed , took care of daily some daily cleaning and dumb stuff . Got a doctor appointment at nine this morning . Supposed to be thunderstorms and hail with chance of tornadoes .

Yesterday evening about six thirty I saw a woman in a wheelchair slowly roll up to a man sitting next to me . She said...I don't know where to go . The man was uncomfortable and said...I don't know what to tell you . The old lady sat there and said...I'm scared and don't know what to do . The man just said...I don't know what to tell you .

This lady was lost . She found no help or comfort . I saw and heard it . They were both lost .

......................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs

Boolit Master
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Good choice Ronnie . Saw it yesterday and intentionally saved it for this morning ...got the headphones on while I type this . Bound for higher ground .....Yes !

Well it's 5;24 as I start this today , got bout a third pot of coffee left . I'm rationing it out half cup at a time to make it last till sun up . Dogs fed , trimmed my beard , brushed my teeth , dressed and waiting to see what or who GOD puts in my path today . Since I sold my shop back in January days seem longer . LOL , everyone congratulates me on 'retiring' but personally I think it is boring .

Just mentioned GOD's name in several situations yesterday and got a lot of positive feedback . Dealing with a couple of family situations , went to a birthday party for a lady with Alzheimer . She laughed a lot and enjoyed it . It was a good thing . Need to pick up allergy medicine today for Mattie the rat terrier , clean house , stop at the car wash and several other everyday things . Life goes on .

Several here in the Chapel needing prayer , been thinking of those situations this morning ..we all have trouble . Just part of the human condition . I hope everyone one here has a good day . I'm determined to .

Numbers 6;24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you . The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you .The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

..................................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe_qmo3gX4
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-03-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Well I woke up bout 3;40 this morning ...looked at the lighted clock on the nightstand and told myself to go back to sleep . But my hand acting by it's own accord turned the lamp on . Threw the cover off putting my feet on the floor . Never did 'enjoy' sleeping . Never understood why a lot of folks want to sleep their life away . With my simplistic reasoning we are akin to a light bulb or cheap toaster with just a certain amount of life built in us . What is the enjoyment laying in a semi comatose state as my expiration date draws closer ? Seems literally a waste of time . We will die . Shouldn't we make the most of out remaining time ?

Job 14;5-6
    A man’s days are numbered. You know the number of his months. He cannot live longer than the time You have set. So now look away from him that he may rest, until he has lived the time set for him like a man paid to work.

.................................................. ..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEh7Vt9sxmc

Cheap toaster...Yup that's me.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

lol , I understand Pine Baron .
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-05-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Well shook out 30 min's ago . Dogs fed , three cups of coffee down and rationing it out till sun up . Early morning is a good time to be retrospective and even possibly optimistic . In my over half century of life here I'v seen so many that are determined to be unhappy and disatisified with their own life . I figure that kind of outlook/atitude combined with 98 cents will buy you a small Hershey bar .
    Today is today and it's all I have been given and all I got . Tomorrow ...well I don't know . I think I'll dwell on today . The here and now seems more obtainable and manageable than tomorrow ?
    Matthew 6;34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
    Phillppians 4;6-7
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Of coarse I think of the future but this day is upon me to listen and not be distracted by the coarse of events . Think I'll pray for discernment combined with guidence for today .
    ....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMhshpf0Y4
    Lord guide us in another day given . Affect our words and acts through your guidance . Draw near to us in our thoughts and help us . Thank you for your complete love and mercy in our lives . Thank you for your understanding and infinite patience . Amen
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-07-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Been up a while , got up TOO early this morning , lol had to make a second pot of coffee . Mattie the old rat terrier is staying between my feet shaking so it's either raining outside or going to . Yesterday was a nice day and got a lot done , being obsessive compulsive I like getting things done . But the enjoyment and understanding is always fleeting because more everyday things become instantly apparent . It's a 'chasing your tail' situation . It will never end in the condition we are in ?

Satisfaction of accomplishment here are always temporary . Our goal being to know our father . This world will be swept away but his work never will diminish . His kingdom is being built .

Timothy 6-7
    For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

..................................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI

Well got started late here . BUT ! Got much done ..'much' taking into consideration I move slow , lol . I laugh at myself a lot these days . I was at a time a workaholic . Several years ago I became intrigued by this video . Beyond the fact it's good music I liked looking at the picture . Seemingly sharing a common bond with this guy . It was a good while till it struck me...This man was going to work , this was the way I 'attacked' life everyday .

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvYu...fCLRio&index=2

Yep ! Thought I had to struggle against this world ! Everyday had to be a struggle . I waited to see what this place would throw against me . I was determined to suffer through and 'win' . I missed a lot of the good in my life , I didn't see all the beauty GOD had put around me . I 'fought' to keep what he had so generously given me . And yea I failed myself .

Being hard headed and not too smart it took me a spell to figure it out . Life is better now ..I don't compete in this world anymore .

Matthew 6;25
    Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Romans 8;28
    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

There is much more verse , a great deal of reassuring truth as to certainty , prediction and guiding advice to overcome any problem . I bear witness to my Lord this morning through what he has done in my life .

My hope for you is to enjoy this day ! Look for the beauty and the good . You'll see his hand in your life .

.......................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9I_-ShgVBE

Been up an hour or so ..coffee is down to the rationing stage to survive till day break . Dogs are fed and found a soft spot to take a nap till lunch . It's extra quiet this morning ..or at least seems so . Have thought off and on this morning the almost predictable events that might unfold today by the thoughts of yesterday . Not really a prefect system of prediction but best I got . We face that challenge every day .

When my daughter Becky was about five years old we lived in Kamay Texas ..twenty five mile west of Wichita Falls Texas in the middle of no where . LOL , you couldn't even buy a Coke in Kamay . I had built Becky a room onto the office at the shop preferring keep her with me instead of having her in daycare .
    I had to stop at the grocery store to snag a few things , it was rush hour and wanted to get home . Carried her in and plunked her in the seat of a shopping cart moving fast to get out of there and head home . I was moving fast gathering the few things we needed .
    Store was full of people getting off work . Two times the loudspeakers boomed out...All checkers to the front ! All checkers to the front ! Becky was looking up and around , I didn't pay her any attention .

I had gathered up and headed to the check out and the store manager came on the loud speaker again saying ...Customer needs assistance on aisle twelve ! Customer needs assistance on aisle twelve ! Becky was looking hard at the ceiling for a moment then she looked at me with her eyes big asking...Daddy ! Is that GOD telling everyone what to do !

Well that kind of threw me for a second as I stopped the cart saying...No baby ! That's not GOD talking ! It's the store boss telling the hands what to do . She looked disappointed and said...I thought it was GOD .

Well I have thought many times it would be nice if GOD would just holler down telling me what to do every time I was unsure . But it ain't the way it works . Best I can do is to ask for his help and listen , without that and left to myself I will fail . I have proven that many times .

Proverbs 4;26
    Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

Proverbs 3;5
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Without him we are lost , in him we are strong and upright .

.............................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIa...WjeN7o&index=2

I woke bout an hour ago ..give or take , haven't even looked at a clock since . I have been concerned about two of the members here in the Chapel for a while . Blackwater and xbeeman410 are hard put with medical problems . There are others in my thoughts and prayers also but these two need the immediate intercession of our Lord . I encourage you to pray for them . I always tell that we all need prayer .

Through trial and error , personal experience and common sense we are all skeptical anything on the internet ..and well we should be . But this Chapel does contain those that believe in the one true living GOD . I have seen , interacted and talked to many here . Together though different in many thoughts unite in prayer by our common faith in him . I find this amazing here on a 'gun' forum .

Several years ago I was a moderator on a Christian gun forum ..it has long been shut down and disappeared . A preacher started it , nice guy ..I talked to him a lot on the phone . Of coarse the trolls , atheists and such came in at a high rate in numbers . But they didn't kill the forum ..the self professed faithful did . The theological , denominational arguments were constant . Brother Tom became so discouraged he clicked the forum off . We that had tried to unite people in their commonality of their faith felt failure . It was disheartening .

But here we work together in his name . Strength and confirmation is shared , we give of ourselves to one another .

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
    Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Proverbs 27:17
    Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Hebrews 10:24-25
    And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Matthew 18:20
    For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-22
    And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Just a few verses , there are many . We are given to work together in his name .

Lord be here with us . Lead all here to glorify you in the building of your kingdom that we all share . Give strength of will to accomplish in your name what you would have us do . Increase us in discernment and wisdom for your purpose . Help us work together calling on you in this our time of need for others . Thank you for all given . Amen

.............................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI

USMC 77, USRA 79

Ok... I am subscribed... not sure how I missed this thread before...

Early morning blessings to ya,..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

It's Sunday . Hershey the wienie dog is quietly whining between my feet wanting breakfast . The other two are in the recliner watching me . My son is in the back bedroom asleep , he didn't inherit my crazy habit of getting up at an unreasonable hour .

Not much happened yesterday , no milestone events transpired to invoke much thought for this morning . Still been raining off and on , ground is soaked up ..everything still wet . Being obsessive compulsive it's a torment that I can't get anything done outside .

Spent part of yesterday evening talking to a lady with Alzheimer's . Beautiful lady , kind , gentle , generous and , she encourages others . She is always waiting for her husband Lawrence to take her home . Unfortunately Lawrence died eleven years ago . Her name is Caroline , please pray for Caroline . I don't know her church...never asked . She does put great faith in our Lord , prayed with her yesterday .

Just as a curiosity or possibly interesting I'll put up a song written in 1925 . There was a 'church war' going on in the south . This song was born , it's suppose to be a biblical analogy of Jeremiah 12 . I don't think the analogy is theologically 100% correct but none the less it's interesting and to a great extent true .

Jeremiah 12
    My heritage is to Me like a speckled bird;
    The vultures all around are against her.
    Come, assemble all the beasts of the field,
    Bring them to devour!

In the song the speckled bird is the true church of Christ with the other churches wanting to torment and kill it . To look around you'll see many false churches and teachers of lies . If the word of GOD is your guide the word of man is not to be trusted . This verse in Jeremiah could also pertain to us as individuals dealing with the persecution our Lord promised us .

John 15 ;18-27
    If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

This is not a lesson . I put it up to provoke thought of your own plus it's interesting to a simple mind like I have . I hope you all have a great day of worship !

..........................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6iWRRXDu_4
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-12-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast