RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To wake up by ?

USMC 77, USRA 79

Amen, through the tears.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thundering and lightening off to the east when I got up but hasn't rained yet . Looked at the weather ..massive rain storms and tornado alerts all day . Dang it's been a wet spring for here ! Mattie the old rat terrier keeps wanting me to hold her but she weighs bout 30 pounds and can't type and hold her at the same time ..lol . So she went and hid in my closet .

My mother's mother had a stroke when I was six years old . She was in the hospital for a week or ten days and they let her come home . My grandfather had nearly worried his self to death over it . He had 'asthma' , , it was just a general term for anyone that had breathing problems they couldn't nail down . They lived just down the street from us and since I could remember dad and me or my sister and mother rotated off staying with them every night . They had a nice little two bedroom house . lol , I remember laying in bed there with dad begging or trying to talk him into getting me a bb gun .

Grandma came home , mom went and got her . My grandma lived outside almost , she loved gardening , planting , planning flower beds . Grandpa often joked he had to 'make' her clean the house up . She got home and was not allowed outside ! Her left side was still partially paralyzed and her speech affected . She would try to talk to me and I couldn't understand her , I remember that bothered me .
    It was several days after she came home mom let her go out in the back yard to look at her garden and flowers threatening her not to do any work . Grandma agreed and mom helped her down the back step with her cane .

I don't know how long she stayed out there but she managed to get back up the step coming through the open door fell under the kitchen table . Dad fell down on his knees calling her name trying to rouse her , mom was calling the ambulance . I crawled under the table on her other side from dad trying to talk to her . I was scared .

She was DOA reaching the hospital . Before the ambulance got there dad moved the table . Mom was holding her and crying . Dad took a small handful of weeds out of grandma's hand . She had been trying to pull weeds out of her flowers . I just knelt there crying and feeling helpless . We buried my grandma five days later .

Now before you feel sorry for me or think I'm seeking sympathy consider this happened over half a century ago . I have long since reconciled that it was just time for grandma to go home . It's not a scar ..only a memory . She lived a long and full life given by her creator . Death is inevitable ..choice is given through his offer of salvation . Eternal life is easily achievable simply through acceptance and faith .

Lord reveal yourself to us through you guidance , lend us the knowledge and way to share your love to others . Lend us strength to speak boldly your name relying on our own testimonial of you in our lives . Help us to be who you would have us be . Help us all to give confirmation and comfort to others through you . Constantly remind us of our weakness that we can find strength in you the source of all that is good . Amen

Psalm 23
    The Lord is my shepherd;
    I shall not want.
    He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
    He leads me beside the still waters.
    He restores my soul;
    He leads me in the paths of righteousness
    For His name’s sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil;
    For You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
    You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
    You anoint my head with oil;
    My cup runs over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    Forever.

.................................................. .......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_cxhf5ISeg
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-29-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

USMC 77, USRA 79

Grandma... oh how I remember mine and loved mine... one day, when I was about 13 and completely self absorbed, my grandma got sick with pneumonia. They admitted her into the hospital, and my mother stayed with her while she was in. She was doing better and was slated to come home in a day or 2. Something was going on at home, and I needed to talk to my mom, so I called her at the hospital room where my grandma was. My grandma answered the phone and I said “ Hi Grandma, can I talk to my mom?” And she handed my mother the phone and I went on to ask my mother about some trivial thing that mattered not. That very night, my grandmother died unexpectedly. My last communication with her was some selfish request. I didn’t even ask her how she was or how she was feeling. I never got to tell her what a difference she made in my life, or how I truly felt about her. This very thing plagued me for decades. I could never even discuss it without tears of regret. Even after I got saved, Satan used that guilt to punish and tourment me. She never would have wanted that. The Holy Spirit tends to move junk out of our lives when we turn those things over to him in brokenness.. I thank the Lord that I will see her again, and get my chance. I am sure she knew or knows, and what I learned years later was You should Never assume that somebody knows your mind. Never miss an opportunity to speak of love to your loved ones. They can disappear in this life without warning, wether we are ready or not. Love covers a multitude...

Marko

Later that year my family was called to Duncan Oklahoma . My dads mother was dying ..to me she was gandma Mary . She was on her deathbed , my aunts sat with her twenty four hours a day . She had a small two bedroom house her and my grandpa had bought during the great depression when their farm went bust during that time .

There was little room for everyone in her house . Me and my sister Susan were farmed out to Aunt Beulah's family where we slept on a pallet on the floor . My dad had eleven brothers and sisters ..grandma's house was packed with people . There were more cousins than I could remember their names . We were to be respectful of the situation and be quiet . It was scary with everyone crying , talking and just waiting for grandma to die .

I think we had been there three days , it was near dark and my uncles started taking children in grandma's bedroom where my aunts sat with her one at a time to see her for the last time . It came my turn and I was scared to death . I didn't want to see grandma Mary die . I didn't understand death except It was a terrible thing for the ones left and I would not see her again till I died . The whole thing was terrible . I was too young to understand .

Dad took me in . Two aunts sat at her bedside , grandma tried to talk to me but I wasn't listening ...I didn't want to hear it . Dad squeezed my shoulders saying ...Talk to her Charlie . This is the last chance you have . I was crying so hard I couldn't talk , I didn't know what to say . Dad finally took me out and mom talked to me . The standard things...Grandma was going home to a better place . Grandma Mary would never hurt again and I would see her again one day .

It was no consolation to me at all . I just wanted grandma Mary to stay here for me . Grandma died sometime that night . The children were kept away and only the adults stayed . Everyone was crying ...there was pure sadness .

I believe Grandma was ninety three years old when she died . She had lived an amazing life . Born in south Texas , went to Wyoming as a child with her family to hunt buffalo to sell meat to the army and hides out east . They moved back to south Texas and she married my grandpa . They moved to Indian Territory in 1897 . She drove a wagon cross country all the way giving birth alone in a dry camp in north Texas . Her first child..My aunt Pet . She raised twelve children ..one died at birth . She was considered a pioneer in Duncan and much was made of her passing .
    I only have two pictures with her in them . This is her and my cousin Marcy listening to the radio in the 50's by an open window .

Grandma was Pentecostal , her faith in our Lord was strong . I have her bible and she wrote more in it than Paul did . I don't doubt at all her faith in our Savior .

Death is fact . We will all leave this place to go to the next . Choice will determine that place and that too is a fact . The old folks had a much better concept and understanding of death here in my opinion . It was simply inevitable and you prepared for it . Of coarse many don't .
    Seems by popular thinking now we can defeat or 'outlive' death through medical breakthroughs . That is false 'wishful' thinking . We are promised death by our Lord but at the same time promised eternal life . He leaves that choice up to us .

Just thoughts so cull em , pick and chose or avoid thinking about it at all . Makes you wonder how many have left this place unprepared don't it ? I'll say again this is not some morbid posting of old suffering or reaching out to fill a need by sympathy . It's just a telling of long ago when I didn't understand as a child . It's just memories that serve me well .

Ecclesiastes 12:7
    Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

John 5:28-29
    Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damation.

Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord be with and steady us today . Level our path today and lead . Lend discernment and wisdom to do what you give in our path to guide . Thank you for our blessings that only come from you . Amen

.................................................. ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiLT4l0STXA
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-30-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Boolit Master
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Good sermon Ronnie ..just need more of them .

Boolit Master
    They cut off the end basically he said I have things to do,I quit
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Well heck ! Coffee's long gone ...keep thinking about just making another half pot . I need to start going to coffeeaholics meetings I think . Being overly compulsive is a bummer at times . (do they sill use..Bummer ?) Time to get busy which busy now days at an advanced age ain't much . I thought to abandon this thread and let it slide off into the archival abyss of the form . I'm sure most are tired of me rattling on .

Everyday is a new experience . Of coarse we all have trouble/problems . GOD never told us this life he gave us would be without trial . Errant children , never enough money to satisfy wants , medical problems , trying to make everyone happy or temporally satisfied . Sick pets , leaking roofs , car won't start , grass needs mowing , your neighbor is weird and trying to walk the line with them . LOL , it's a hoot ...ain't it !

But then again the suns up . We have another day . Many will have woke up dead this morning . So I am blessed . My Lord has given me another day . I'm given to deal with it by myself OR I can ask him to help and guide me through it . It's always choice ..isn't it ? I'll have to be accountable for all my choices standing before GOD my father . But GOD the father and my Lord Jesus Christ are here with me to help and guide . I have been given the Holy Spirit to lead and intercede .

Many people can't talk about their own death and avoid the subject ...that is denial . Death is simply a part of life here and we are promised it . But 'life' does not end here in this place because we are also promised a better life with him . Realizing that I find great peace . LOL , I'm in no hurry to leave here to go to the next but I have the comfort and expectations of better things to come . All here will pass away . All I will leave behind will be in the memory of those I have touched .

It just depends on my choices today .

Heavenly father guide me Through another day . Lead me through your Spirit to gain strength and wisdom in thoughts , acts and words . Help me to glorify you in my life here . Thank you for giving me more than I ever thought possible through you love for me . Thank you for all given . Amen

Well one of the gifts we are given is a sense of humor . Just part of what he does to give happiness . Not a hymn but possibly a relevant thought to go with this post .

................................................ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHUDyK8Rt-8
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-08-2019 at 05:32 PM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Bless your day Boaz... finish the race.

Dawn is breaking here . Eastern skyline is lighting up looking out the window . I used a little self control and actually have a little coffee left ! It started thundering about four this morning , Mattie is shivering at my feet while sitting at my desk typing this . There's nothing I can do to calm or console her . She is afraid of whats happening out there and doesn't understand .

I went to get a haircut several days ago . Went in and sat down , the young lady that always cuts my hair was working on a young black man about twenty two years old ...if I had to make a guess . Their were several others waiting and staring at their phones intently avoiding eye contact . I have found out that I am a threat to young people in many social situations . An old man like me might actually try to start a conversation , lol . The young lady finished up with the young black man and they both went to the other side of the shop where he paid her .

I just sat waiting . Didn't know if anyone else was waiting for 'my' young lady to get their haircut . I waited to be called . The young black man stopped in front of me on his way out smiling . He said...I got you sir holding his hand out . I stood shaking his hand curious and trying to place him or figure it out . He kept smiling and walked out . The young lady told me I was next .

Took my glasses off getting in the chair and she cut my hair . I stood putting my glasses back on and pulled out my wallet . She said...Oh ! the black guy paid for your haircut ! You don't owe me anything !

I was pretty amazed and walked to my SUV thinking , trying to put it all together . It was the first time a young black man ever bought me a haircut . I wished I had known why he had done what he did when I shook his hand as he left . It gave me a lot of thought . I'll not try to explain it because You now know as much as I do . But I hope I see that young black man again .

I'm not very smart and have always seen my and everyone's life as a story...we all have a story . Everyday I decide what that story will have in it . It is a simplistic way to provide awareness to me ? But as I said...I'm not very smart . There are stories all around me . I wonder what that young black man's story is ?

1 Corinthians 2:7
    But we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory.

Colossians 2:2
    That their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself.

.................................................. ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8cci28gFA
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-12-2019 at 10:25 PM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

A quote by Albert Pike..

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

I tend to follow that logic... no it’s not exactly biblical, but it is peaceful.

Boaz, I call that a God-wink. Angels are everywhere.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Long ago (seems like) I belonged to a really big church . It's now a mega church with a high dollar preacher and several associate pastors . There are dishes on the roof , antennas and all manner of equipment and crew to do live broadcasts of services and such . I belonged to this church for forty something years .

Back in the by gone day of yesteryear people would visit or call and ask if someone would come to their home and discuss the church . Doctrine , traditions or whatever was on their mind thinking to join the church . I was in my mid twenty's back then , went to the adult singles bible study (class) . Normally two would go to visit these folks , I was one of the volunteers to go . In a class of about fifty there were only four or five that would give the time to do it . I was working on drilling rigs seven days a week and it was hard to get the time but did what I could .

I was given the name and number of a family that had visited and wanted someone to come to their home and explain more about the church . As a partner to go I got saddled with a self absorbed loudmouth that was eat up with his own amazing awareness of scriptural superiority and was all knowing . I dreaded going with him though had never visited anyone with him .

I picked him up at his house at the appointed time and drove to the couples house . They were about our our age...mid twenty's . They invited us in and offed us a Coke . On a first visit I never carried a bible in but kept one in the car if needed . It was just a 'get to know you' meeting to me . My partner carried his in .

The couple had two little kids and I teased them and just talked to the parents . Where do you work , have you been going to another church , does your family live here in town , why are you thinking of joining the church . Just regular get to know you talk . My partner threw down on em from the time we sat down saying...Let us pray ! He kept flipping through his KJV during the conversation interjecting verse and just general bible thumping . This young couple was scared to death .
    I'll cut the story short . It was a terrible experience for them...and me . It was embarrassing . Getting in my 67 Ford custom I was mad to say the least . My partner was pleased with himself saying...Well I think they'll come to church again this week ! I'll not repeat what my reply was but I assured him I'd never visit with him again .

On a different topic . I was leaving a nursing home about a month ago headed for my suv in the parking lot . There was an old man coming toward me using a walker . He was moving slow and I stepped off the sidewalk onto the pavement to give him plenty of room to pass . As I got closer he looked familiar . I stepped back on the sidewalk and got to him putting out my hand saying ...What's your name ?

He looked at me shaking my hand and said...My name's Ted . I was smiling big and said...I knew you were ! I haven't seen you in a while. He stared at my face and finally said ...I don't know who the hell you are . I laughed and and said...I'm Charlie , I worked floors for you when you were drilling for Luke Grace Drilling back in the 70's . He actually finally remembered me when we got to talking about the 'old days' .

I have seen Ted several times since then . He has terminal cancer and is taking a new treatment . In talking with him I tell him I'm praying for him . In the beginning he wouldn't talk about GOD but he is now . Ted is an old hard head , his wife and family are mostly all dead . But he does have two daughters that come to see him . If you can pray for Ted .

I was sitting in another rest home last night talking to two women . One in a wheelchair and one in a Jerry chair . Both are under Hospice care . There's a man named Kelly that comes and sits with me every time I show up . He was telling me he's trying to save enough money to hire a topless dancer to come and preform for him .

As a rule I pray with the two ladies before I leave holding hands . I always ask Kelly if he would like to pray with us . He just says...No I don't pray .

So ! I'll just leave you with the miss mash of thoughts today . But I will continue to ask Kelly to pray when I go there .

.................................................. ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66ThRLy9js
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-17-2019 at 11:48 AM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Prayers sent for Kelly, and ted.. and you.

Thank you Marko....we all need prayer .

in Remebrance
    Well, I finally sat down and read this thread, and I'm glad I did. There are things about death that we "know" but can't or don't think about till later. It's been over a year since I lost my sweet wife, and there are still rough days, but they are getting fewer. You don't get over these things, you just get used to the idea of permanent change. One of the best things that happened was when my neighbor was at my door as soon as I got home after the wreck telling me NOT to blame myself, that accidents do happen in this world. Mostly when things get bad I just have a little talk with Jesus and things start to get better. Same with my physical ailments, I've been able to pretty much cut out the pain pills. If it weren't for the support of my son and his family don't know what shape I'd be in. Lot of prayers came from here too for which I am grateful. Gotta go, she's pretty heavy on my mind right now. God bless all here. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Well it's 4;30 as I start pecking this out with one finger . Got three cups of coffee in me and still making sure I'm still alive in this fallen world , lol . Still a little early to worry about the space time continuum , theory of relativity or worry about why magnets work . I thought it was challenging to feed the dogs when I got up . As a matter of fact I have just about decided I can't fix many problems in this place .

Seems folks want someone or 'something' to fix their problems ? The proud ask for no help instead like to stew in their own inability to fix everything . I know because I have been there . You know I don't know how many times folks have told me they believe in GOD and say they don't pray much . GOD tells us repeatedly in his word he is there for us . He DOES love and care about us . GOD does expect us to talk to him and include him in our lives everyday . He truly is our father .

Paul himself explains in 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 our condition ;

I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the LORD. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-God knows. 3And I know that this man-whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows- 4was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the LORD to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Lets look at the last two verses 9 and 10 ;

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Now lets boil it down to the last sentence ;

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In the realization of our own weakness we are MADE strong through him . Matthew 11;28-30 explains it in simple terms ;

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

There's much more verse to support and confirm . It took me a long time to give up the idea I can change things myself . I speak from experience as an old sinner . I hope ya'll have a good day today ...I'm determined to ! Give it to him ! Lay it down and let him work on it .

Lord help us for another day . Be with us in Spirit and lead us in what you would have us do . Give us guidance and measure our words to honor you in all things . Thank you for all you do in our lives . Thank you for all you have given . Amen

He does love you and he does care . He does know your name .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXKWsfbizB4

Amen brother, just amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Well I have been preoccupied the last couple of weeks with...'stuff' . Had my shoulder replacement coming up , daily chores , getting in grocery's , extra dog food and mowing the yard before I went for surgery . Just a bunch of stupid stuff , being obsessive compulsive stupid things tend to wear on me when I let em .

Had the surgery last Tuesday morning , my son dropped me off at the hospital . The surgery went fine but I always have trouble with the anesthesia , was sick from that till I was released Friday . Got home and felt a lot better Saturday , started doing the simple passive exercises the theosophist gave and showed me how to do before I left the hospital . I was doing pretty dang good doing things and feeling fine considering the operation .

Went to physical therapy first time yesterday . A nice little girl named Kristi put a lot of hurt on me time I finally got out of there . lol , I went to bed early and got up an hour late this morning . I had a hard time making coffee and my mind was in a fog for an hour at least until the coffee and a pain pill kicked in . lol , I was incapable of rational thought .

But I'm good ! I have prospects ! It's a brand new day and I'm given things to do . I'm moving slow...but still moving ! I put up a prayer request for Gerald , a man that worked for me that had a massive stroke and was flown to Dallas in grave condition . I received a text from his wife that he was brought back to town day before yesterday . He has survived but the hospital in Dallas has done all they can for him . He is in a rehab facility here and I will visit him today . They left part of his scull off and will be air flighted back to Dallas later to have it replaced later if he survived his situation . I have talked to GOD already to prepare me for this meeting . To give me words , to be able to encourage .

I also received word of an old oilfield hand that I thought was probably dead . His name is Will , he is a good friend . I worked with him in the seventy's on rigs and maintained contact till about five years ago . His wife died and Will went down physically and was depressed . His two sons had to take care of him . They moved him to different rest homes and I lost him along the way . You can't look up people's cell numbers and such . I think I have found where he is . I know nothing of his physical or mental condition . It's a blind visit for me to make .

I am optimistic for today .

Lord help me . Lord be with me and guide me in the way I need to go today . Give me physical strength and presence of mind to seek your Holy Spirit . Be with all here in their lives today . We all need you Lord in everything we do . Thank you . Amen

Well I in a slow mode today so if you don't like slow music or bluegrass I recommend you not listen to this one . Hoping a good day for everyone as we climb that mountain together , He's right ! The view just keeps getting better !

.............................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3J8MDzSYY

Banned

Respect for a man running the good race as Paul instructed
    When I am down, I admit, fellowship and service do not register so much
    God Bless you for being a good and faithful servant
    And thank you for the good report
    PT from people like Kristi is, by design, to put you to the test
    God Speed Brother

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast