Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: To wake up by ?

Dang Charlie, this made me break out the juice harp. Prayers for you today. Please take it easy brother, don't push it too hard.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Pine Baron !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thank you jmort .

Well ! I'll apologize to begin with for resurrecting this old thread that was heading to the forum archival trash pit . I happen to think yesterday that I didn't follow up on the my last post two months ago . Now I find it odd that came to me when I forget what I went to the grocery store for when I get there , lol . I'm pretty sure your tired of my 'ramblings' but felt possessed to at least finish what I started .

I had mentioned Gerald and Will in my last post . I need to finish that ...I think . Was it given by him for it to occur to me or was it just a misfired synopsis in my brain at the time ? Well I'll let you figure it out I guess . But anyway I am possessed to give that report .

As I start I wonder which I will start with . It's the old...Well ! There's good news and bad news ! Which do you want to hear first thing . Having decided in about four seconds that neither is bad news I'll just proceed .

Having lost track of Will several years ago I was told he was living in an assisted living facility not far from me . I had been there many times in the past and knew the layout . Drove there , parked and went in to the front desk inquiring Will's apartment number . It was an older lady and she instantly looked distressed . In the most sympathetic she could she explained that Will had passed away three years ago . She was expecting a bad reaction from me ...I could tell .

She was very sympathetic and gave me her condolences . I reassured her that I had doubts of him still being with us and that at least I knew where he was now . I thanked her and left . Driving out I was a little sad I didn't get to see Will but I did know where he was . He is home now .

Now Gerald . I had asked for prayer in his cause here in the Chapel and many prayed for him . Of coarse his church and others were seeking intervention for him also . Gerald is about mid fifties , wife and three children . He worked for me part time for the last eight years , he was always dependable and a workaholic .

A few months ago he got off work on his full time job (shop at Walmart) went home and never even went in the house . He got the lawnmower and started mowing the yard . He had a massive stroke , He tried to hold himself up by clinging to the chain link fence . When he passed out his head fell on the v shaped barbs on top and ripped part of his skull up . His son found him and he was taken by ambulance to the hospital .

I'm going to cut this story short because there was much that happened . But he was care flighted to Dallas , they removed part of his scull . He was sent back here and made three more flights to Dallas due to his situation . Gerald was in bad shape...believe me . It didn't look promising at all .

Last week ;

I had lunch with Gerald in the dining room of the rehab he is in . His skull has been replaced , he has to wear a helmet . He is talking , feeding himself , going to physical therapy and can talk . They told him he might get to go home in two weeks .

John 5;8-15

Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.
    And that day was the Sabbath. The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, “It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.”
    He answered them, “He who made me well said to me, ‘Take up your bed and walk.’ ”
    Then they asked him, “Who is the Man who said to you, ‘Take up your bed and walk’?” But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”
    The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

Thank you for your indulgence of an old man and his thoughts . Our Lord is with us in all things .

Lord thank you for all you do in our lives . Give us patience , forbearance of others as we seek you in our lives . Give us direction and put our feet on the path you would have us go . Strengthen us to do what you would have us do and give us the words to do it . Thank you for loving us , the mercy you give every day with your forgiveness of our sin when we ask . Amen

https://imgur.com/9UEMO2Z
    Last edited by Boaz; 09-24-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345