WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's you most enjoyable part of loading? Needed the sister thread!

Boolit Master
    The whole process from the casting to the shooting is enjoyable to me.

Knowing I am doing something that the vast majority of folks do not do.

Knowing I am able to load for & shoot every different caliber/gauge I own(15), with the only exception of .22 S/L/LR.

Knowing the satisfaction of teaching others how to do it, & seeing my sons & grandboys take an interest to carry on, is enjoyable as well...

I'd bet I could go on with things that make it enjoyable.

I think that of all the things I enjoy thru-out the whole process, the part I like best is the load development & testing.

Seeing the results of what was done thru out the whole process come out and reach a goal & know that it was my own work that reached that goal, and seeing it better than factory made ammo, is the "icing on the cake".
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub
    The art and science of working up a load. Sometimes I wonder where I'd be without the net, what a great resource. Until last year I limited myself to loading jwords. Casting has opened a new door for me. I really like seeing the results from ingot to target and everything in between.

Boolit Grand Master
    I like sizing the boolits the best of all the phases of reloading.

There is a zen-like state of relaxation that comes as one sizes a big batch o' boolits that I enjoy. Sizing doesn't require close attention,at least, not like adding powder or seating primers. You just set a boolit on the ran or in the sizing die and pull the handle. On the push-through Lee sizers that I prefer, I just place and pull. Nothing to get overly concerned about, just place and pull and repeat.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    I like sizing the boolits the best of all the phases of reloading.

There is a zen-like state of relaxation that comes as one sizes a big batch o' boolits that I enjoy. Sizing doesn't require close attention,at least, not like adding powder or seating primers. You just set a boolit on the ran or in the sizing die and pull the handle. On the push-through Lee sizers that I prefer, I just place and pull. Nothing to get overly concerned about, just place and pull and repeat.
    This step is pretty easy, but the previous - shake and bake PC. I kind of like finding the boolits...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Shooting center fire rifle jacketed loads for about 15-20 cents per round using components I bought years ago.

Boolit Master
    Casting boolits is the most fun but I like the whole process of making my own ammo. Wet tumbling brass, an PC coating lead is my newest thrill.

Boolit Master
    Seeing my boolits making nice little groups of holes to the surprise of those that only shoot factory stuff.smug mode.

I like it all...just try not to do too much of one particular thing for too long or it seems a bit like monotonous work.

20 pounds of casting for a particular platform, then PC'ing and Sizing after that is enough for a days adventure...the payoff is seeing them in their storage containers ready for my choosing & loading. I like to keep all the components ready to load, including clean brass.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

My most fav is when I lose track of how full the clear red hopper that my Lee pass-through sizers come with gets and the top pushes off on it, releasing the swear words all over my loading room lol.

Boolit Buddy
    That's a difficult decision. I really enjoy it all, but being out of the house in the canyon watching my pup find the boolits I shoot and then try to dig them up and barking at me to do it all over again is certainly enjoyable. But then early in the morning before work, sitting here reading you guys answers to other member's questions makes me late for work on a daily basis. Like the question of what's your least favorite common caliber. I laughed the hole way through reading that one. There are others, but you guys are the BEST !!! I don't know what I'd do without you !

Keep up the good work !
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Vendor Sponsor

When the mold is hot and good bullets are dropping like rain its all good
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    My most fav is when I lose track of how full the clear red hopper that my Lee pass-through sizers come with gets and the top pushes off on it, releasing the swear words all over my loading room lol.
    A picture is worth a 1,000 words...

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Probably seating the bullet and admiring what I've just done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I agree, much more on big rifle bullets
    And put it in the ammo box ready to be fired

Boolit Buddy

No cell phone service!
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

When I reload I lock the door and leave the phone in the house tell the wife I am not home to any one and lesson to my country music load some rest them load some more taking my time to do so I load from 32SW long up to 30.06 that is 22 different brass that I reload for.

Boolit Master
    Figuring out a load & all the cartridge dimensions for a new gun is what I like a lot. Preferably a new to me caliber & mold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123