Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetick hound

Boolit Master
    It might be good for some folks to consider that someone calling a phone number & telling the local LEO, the local FD, , or any local veterinarian, just to name 3 places, and you could likely add in local dog kennel, farmer, church, etc.... someone could have removed all responsibility for taking care of an animal(s) if they were unable to do so, instead of chaining or fencing it/them, leaving it/them out in the elements & feeding it/them little to none, or basically just neglecting it/them. The same goes for any number of animals, or size of animal(s).

A phone call.

Remember... This is not the olden days...that would be all it took...

A phone call.

Even if the person did not have a phone, they likely went to the store, or to a friends or family & "someone" had a phone.

I do not like it when folks abuse animals, even cats & I hate cats.

So, when others get on folks for condemning those who abuse animals ( or little kids/vulnerable adults, the elderly, whatever) they ought to consider that there is a simple way to contact others when assistance is needed.

A doggone phone call.

Apparently in this case, someone did not even take the time to make a simple phone call... Pretty sad...

Something to think about.

ETA - P.S. - the same "could" be said about a baby, or a little toddler. Here in MN, there is a "no questions asked" policy if you drop a child off at a hospital. & sadly, it happens...

Someone would have come & got those dogs if a reasonable attempt was made to get help.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 04-23-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Thanks for all the kind discussion everyone. Last night was a long sleepless night. I believe it was the first night Tucker ever spent inside a house. He'd lie down for ten minutes then up pacing around the house. He also got pretty agressive with our other dog a few times. I think it was mostly food related so I am going to feed them in separate rooms for a while.
    We just got back from a three mile walk. He's going to be a great exercise machine! I jogged for a while and Tucker looked like he was just walking along. This dog could really cover some ground.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

That hound, in good shape, can maintain 10 mph for 10 miles +. Take a break and do it again. They are terrific athletes, hard headed, independent and about as smart a dog as I have ever met. I have two now and had a third a few years ago. Sad thing is that they grow old quite quickly; 10 is old.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Buddy
    I'd go back an get his brother if he survives, The two of them would make a heck of a
    team for ya. Good companions and great hunters. I hope you get his brother. I like
    happy endings.
    webfoot10

We rescued a starved great pironese years back.

She was food aggressive for a few weeks until she figured out she'd never be hungry again.

After that, at dinner time she'd just wait till the two 15 pounders were done, then eat, or just come back later.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Historicfirearms, He will settle down in the house but might take a good couple weeks. I took an elderly Husky that had spent years on a chain. She would do the same thing 10min laying down then just do circles in house. A friend said that high energy dogs have to exercise and from being on chain they tend to run or walk circles. Once he realizes he actually lives there he will settle down. Very glad you have given him a good home !
    FB

Boolit Master
    If you haven't had a hound before, they are quite different than labs. They have got to follow their nose. I've had beagles, shorthairs (really a hound), my sister has red bones and beagles. All are great fun, my last three have been Chesapeake's not hounds, but I still smile about the stubborn little beagles running rabbits. Enjoy.

Boolit Master
    He settled down nicely last night, only up a few times. He's going to take some work with feeding but I can tell he's a smart dog and should figure it out in time.

We had hunting beagles when I was a kid. They weren't house pets but I did enjoy them. My grandpa was a big time rabbit hunter and I have many fond memories following those beagles around.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Just like refugees, there's big money in rescue animals.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Tucker looks like a real sweetie! He'll make a good companion and friend . . . a good loving home where he'll be well taken care of with lot's of love . . . . sounds like a good deal for all of you . . Tucker, your wife and you! So many animals need a good home . . . . . thanks for providing Tucker with one! All of you enjoy your new loving friendship!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Any work will be well worth the effort. I truely prefer my dogs to most people and some family. As i said they are my best friends.

Boolit Master
    Blue Ticks are great hounds. I've had a few of them. But, they need their space, and they will go hunting given even the slightest opportunity, irregardless of whether you are coming or not. So be ready to provide plenty of exercise, and to go find him under a tree. If you're going to keep that dog in the house he may need a cubby under the stairs with a dog bed, or his own couch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12