Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetick hound

Boolit Master

Bluetick hound

The wife found this poor soul at the local animal shelter. He's a roughly three year old bluetick. I've been thinking about a bloodhound after our twelve year old lab passes. But this guy really tugged on our heartstrings. His previous owner got sent to prison for God only knows. The story we got was he asked his mother to take care of his dogs while he was incarcerated. Well, she didn't. And she left the two dogs outside in our northern Michigan winter tied to their doghouse. When the neighbors called animal control, they found them nearly skin and bones without food or water. The snow was so deep they couldn't even get into their doghouse anymore. Our poor boy lost part of his ear to frostbite. His older brother faired much worse and is still fighting for his life.

SOB, I wish I knew who that woman is. I'd like to tie her up outside to die.

So we brought home Tucker today. He's having some adjustments to living inside. I never thought I'd see a dog eat faster than my old chocolate lab, but Tucker can really put it away. He's got a few pounds to put on though so I can't blame him.

I'd like to train him to do search and rescue. Never done anything like this before so I hope Tucker and I both have it in us.
    Attachment 240284
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    If not still a squirrel /coon dog (possible) had 7 at one time or another till I went to leopard curs /Ed

, I'm glad that Tucker is home at last. The way that woman treated that dog explains why her son is in prison in my mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Congrats thats a fine looking dog you have
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Got to love the hounds,all hounds. Thank you for saving the dog.I'm sure he knows and once you have bonded with him he will be a great dog.

You did good with the dog .I nice hound also. For what you like to train him to do will look like be good for it.They have a good nose.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Thanks for rescuing that pup.
    I hate to see a dog mistreated...one of few things that really sets me off.
    Give him a good home...he's earned a loving family atmosphere.

Boolit Master
    Yes,Thanks for rescuing!

IMO, Some folks ought not to have dogs... Or, children. Your story about what happened to the dogs & the owners just re affirms that opinion.

G'Luck! & I hope all turns out well for everyone at your home!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    He ain't nothing but a hound dog! Congrats!

Boolit Mold
    Good lookin blue tick..... and you can see he is downright happy now thru his eyes. Good thing you and your wife did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the woman did almost as good of a job with the dog as she did with her son.

You think it'd be hard for rescue dogs to adjust after being so mistreated.
    Judging from all our rescued dogs, I think they know ya saved their life,
    and bond to you stronger than a regular puppy that never knew 'hard times' for lack of a better word.

Like these guys-- one is 3 the other is 5.
    They're 1/2 French bulldog and half shih Tzu, they call 'em bullschitz dogs.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 04-22-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Good on you for saving him sir. He'll pay you back in spades.

Boolit Master

I had one when I was in high school & college in the early 70’s. He was a superb coon hound, but he also hunted bobcat as well. There was nothing like listening to him bay on a track. We’d shake the game out of the tree, give it a two minute head start & do it again! Brings back fond memories & some crazy stories! His name was Spook & forever has a place in my heart! Kudos to you for saving him! Their loyalty knows no bounds once they trust you.
    Last edited by clum553946; 04-23-2019 at 12:15 AM.

in Remebrance
    Thank you sir for what you have done, you will never regret it. And what JB said goes for me too. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Sounds like the woman did almost as good of a job with the dog as she did with her son.
    I do get tired of hearing this! What makes you think these dogs where her responsibility, or that she didn't raise her son the best she could? Kudos on taking in an abandoned, but the owner is the only responsible party in this!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    I do get tired of hearing this! What makes you think these dogs where her responsibility, or that she didn't raise her son the best she could? Kudos on taking in an abandoned, but the owner is the only responsible party in this!
    If she penned them up on her property, it’s her fault. If she was unable / unwilling to care for them, she should have given them away or taken them to the pound.

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats. Looks like you will have a great companion for life. Nothing like the unconditional love.

Not to drift the thread but I agree that if you agree to take an animal YOU are responsible for their care. Tying them up outside and unable to fend for themselves is not humane.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    God bless you. My dogs are my best friends . I just can't understand how someone could treat a defenseless animal like that. It truly says a lot about the kinda person someone is. And i agree that she probably did the best she could raising her son. AND THATS SAD. Some people should not have kids. And she is responsible for the care of the dogs .she became responsible the minute she took them in if this is what was planned she should never have took them. In my opinion anyone who would treat an animal this way is the lowest of the low. Her son in prison as bad as that i s i would hope he at least took care of the dogs but have no way of knowing just hoping.

Boolit Master
    I guess I missed the part in the OP where his mother AGREED to take care of HIS dogs, and took them to her property! Everyone just ASSUMED his mother is even capable of taking in dogs, not on a fixed income, could drive in a Michigan winter, or even live near him! So please get off mom's back! Been there!

Banned

I was a lineman up here in the north and came across many dogs tied to a stake in the yard in freezing weather. Some without even a dog house. We kept the animal control number on our speed dial. To bad they couldn't make those ((()))) owners get the same treatment they gave there dogs for 24 hours. Im happy to hear you saved that dog from a **** life and will pray for his brother. Just don't understand how someone could look in those big brown eyes and then treat him like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    The wife found this poor soul at the local animal shelter. He's a roughly three year old bluetick. I've been thinking about a bloodhound after our twelve year old lab passes. But this guy really tugged on our heartstrings. His previous owner got sent to prison for God only knows. The story we got was he asked his mother to take care of his dogs while he was incarcerated. Well, she didn't. And she left the two dogs outside in our northern Michigan winter tied to their doghouse. When the neighbors called animal control, they found them nearly skin and bones without food or water. The snow was so deep they couldn't even get into their doghouse anymore. Our poor boy lost part of his ear to frostbite. His older brother faired much worse and is still fighting for his life.

SOB, I wish I knew who that woman is. I'd like to tie her up outside to die.

So we brought home Tucker today. He's having some adjustments to living inside. I never thought I'd see a dog eat faster than my old chocolate lab, but Tucker can really put it away. He's got a few pounds to put on though so I can't blame him.

I'd like to train him to do search and rescue. Never done anything like this before so I hope Tucker and I both have it in us.
    Attachment 240284

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast