Inline FabricationPBcastcoRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: 452389 Bad feed

452389 Bad feed

As I put in another subforum, I bought a mold for .45 (452389). Yesterday I was doing some tests, and I realized that in my Sistema Colt (clone of 1911 A1) does not feed. Follow the instructions in the manual Lyman 46Th Edition and arm them to 1.08¨OAL
    Anyone have had experience with this type of boolit?
    Thank you

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I would try seating it out further. The short nose isn't allowing it to clear the loading ramp. Use your chamber as a headspace gauge.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I've shot thousands of them they can be problematic in some auto's. They were mainly designed for Bullseye shooters in guns modified to feed them. At 25 yds that bullet in a good "wad" gun will make a ragged hole group. Back in the day when I shot bullseye I used that bullet for my timed and rapid fire stages and a 200 SWC for the 50 yd slow fire. Your Sisteama may feed better with a 185 SWC design or a H&G #68 copy 200 gr swc. The H&G 68 was designed to feed in unmodified 1911's.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

Oh, that is going to be a tough bullet to feed without some mods to the feed ramp and the right magazine. I wonder if that would take a hybrid magazine for starters.

This thread may help you along in this journey...
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...azine-Analysis

That's the bullet for a series 70 Gold Cup with an 11 pound spring and 3.5 grains of Bullseye. That looks like it's seated too deep, seat them so you have .040 to .050 above the case mouth. They go through my GC like grease through a goose...

Boolit Grand Master

Might have to polish your feed ramp on the clone.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!