RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Yesterday at church

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Yesterday at church

I went to church yesterday . Doesn't sound like a big deal I know . BUT In admission I have not been attending regularly of late . I have had a lot to do after selling my business trying to tie up all the loose ends to walk away from it . In the process slacking off not going to church most of the time . I'm not having doubts , not having a spiritual crisis or anything of the kind . I just got lazy I guess .

Members have called thinking I'm sick or have trouble . I didn't lie...just told em I was taking some time . But last week with Easter coming I told myself I needed to get back in the saddle at church . Committed to myself . So I showed up with my old KJV and all came around to see me . Yep..I did the right thing .

Of coarse yesterday being Easter it was a longer service . Two new families that had been coming a while joined our church . A young couple that had been going to our drug Christian drug rehab called ...Arms of Christ ...joined our church and wanted to commit their brand new baby to GOD .

Now I belong to an Independent Baptist church ...fundamentalist . We believe in GOD's word . We have no sacraments but of coarse practice Christ's ordinances of baptism and the Lord's supper/communion . There is no baptism of babies or children too young to make the decision and commitment of baptism . But in our 'commitment' of babies or young children it is the parents who commit . They commit to raising their child in GOD . To provide a Christian home for them . To lead them to Christ .

It's not an 'official' ceremony ...just a commitment by the parents to GOD witnessed by the congregation . It's at the request of the parents and not expected by the church . This young couple asked yesterday . It's always a glad time for members to see it and all come down to the front to give support and prayer . Knowing this young couple had been in rehab , had this new baby and requesting this made it even more special .

Well I'd say I had a good Easter yesterday and I hope you did too .

Charlie
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Easter was great serving our risen Lord!

Boolit Master
    We had a wonderful worship attend celebration.

Boolit Master
    good day
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Charlie, good to hear you were back with the flock.

Our Redeemer and Savior is risen, hallelujah!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Glad to hear you back in the flock. Great Easter here also. Great sermon and a Jesus centered celebration. Happy belated Easter to all!

Jay

He is risen!

He is RISEN indeed!

Charlie this winter when I was in New Orleans my aunt talked me into taking her to church. It turns out it is a small mission based church. And so incredibly warm and welcoming. I took communion for the first time in 40 years. After the service Instead of walking out I walked up and knelt at the alter. Full of emotion, regret, feeling the loss of 40 years of wasted time. Then I heard the Lord. Bill arise, you have nothing to be forgiven for. Arise, go forth.

My only problem is my church is 1500 miles away.

I am glad to hear you getting back into your groove. God Bless you Charlie! But go easy, don't take on more than you can handle.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I thank all for encouraging me and that's taken to heart . This is a place of encouragement . I'm in no fear of 'quitting' church , I have slacked off before and am always amazed at myself for doing it when I go back . I sometimes disappoint myself by not being able to do the 'heavy lifting' in the routine of moving , setting up tables , chairs , equipment and clean up . Heck I get in the younger guys way now . Did it so long it's first nature to just get it done .

But my time is past in that and the young ones NEED to take that over . They are the ones needing to give their labor and time in stewardship together strengthening their lives in understanding and fellowship with others their age . But being obsessive compulsive I still want to get it done rather than get out of their way . lol , a failing !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Happy Easter to all from here too. I know it is a couple of days after Easter, but the press of yesterday's appointments kept me from being here. We had a wonderful Easter weekend here. It started on Saturday with games, bounce houses for the kids and several huge Easter egg hunts for different age groups. It was a good idea in that it allowed Sunday to be centered on Christ our risen Lord. We also had good services with great alter services and lives changed and folks getting serious about serving the risen Christ. Charlie, nothing wrong with a little break ever so often in order to let our souls catch up with our tired and busy bodies. I'm glad the family felt good to you once again.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."