Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 32 S&W and 32HR mag pressure

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Larry where do you get the saami data did you have to subscribe or pay for it i cannot find there actual data first hand.

Boolit Master

I bought my Ruger SSM 5 1/2" for My Kids to graduate from a Super-Single-Six 5 1/2" .22LR to prep for Cowboy Shooting. Don't think I've put more then 300 H&R rds through it in 30yrs. Just the .32 S&W Long.

But 4 of My Cowboy Shooter Buddy's have/had .32 S&W Long as the caliber for their Pocket Pistols. So I got LOTS of brass to reload for EVERYBODY. And then We all bought DAVIS Derringers in .32 H&R Mag for that Sidematch gun.
    One 2cav Lyman #313226 to cast for EVERYBODY'S Guns.

I even bought a SAECO 100gr SWC for reloading .32 H&R Mag. Cast 100 bullets. Loaded them in .32 Long cases and never cast another. Greased up mold HEAVILY and haven't touched it since.

But I bought my 1st Lee 6cav #311-93-1R. Cast a bunch of Bullets for My Buddy's old COLT Police Positive in .32S&W Long.

Still haven't reloaded a blasted case in 10yrs. But I have 500 once-fired and 100 new .32 Short & Wimpy cases.
    Maybe 300 H&R Mag cases and 1000 plus .32 S&W Long cases.

Might load up some for My Grandmother's S&W LemonSqueezer in .32Short&Wimpy. It's in 95% Condition with Factory Medallion Mother of Pearl Grips.

She carried that little Revolver from the late 1920's until She passed in 1988. In a cloth bag in her purse, on the nightstand when she slept and in the end table drawer next to her seat on the couch. And on a special stand on the edge of the kitchen sink.

And BOY HOWDY !!! did I hi-jack this thread.

Sorry
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, but it's a wonderful hijack!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

After a sensible person gets over magnumitis, they are drawn to the 32's for the pure joy of shooting.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Larry where do you get the saami data did you have to subscribe or pay for it i cannot find there actual data first hand.
    https://saami.org/wp-content/uploads...sting-Copy.pdf

That will get you the SAAMI standards for pistol/revolver cartridges (both CUP and transducer) along with a wealth of other technical information on SAAMI testing and procedures.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Thanks larry i appreciate it. Yea i just fell in love with 32's my favorite is the sw its really not wimpy and i have carried it on occasions.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I

I even bought a SAECO 100gr SWC for reloading .32 H&R Mag. Cast 100 bullets. Loaded them in .32 Long cases and never cast another. Greased up mold HEAVILY and haven't touched it since.

Sorry
    That Saeco 325 is really a good mould at 95 grains, I cast a bunch for my 631 and it really performs. Now if you are talking about the 326, I do not own that one but would be interested in one if you do not like yours.

These are the 325.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	631-1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	241234

Boolit Buddy
    I can't seem to find anyone who makes a 32 double action revolver with a barrel longer then 2 inches , new production, I would like to find a reasonably pried 32. I found a charter arms 32 but they only come in 2 inch.
    I'll look for a good used small frame double action 32 at the next show.
    BD

Boolit Master

I would really suggest that you go out of your way to find a 631 or GP100 in 32 for a good single/double action revolver.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog454 View Post
    I can't seem to find anyone who makes a 32 double action revolver with a barrel longer then 2 inches , new production, I would like to find a reasonably pried 32. I found a charter arms 32 but they only come in 2 inch.
    BD
    Ruger makes the SP101 as a 4 inch with adjustable sights, in .327 Federal. Model 5773.
    You can shoot .32 S&W, S&W Long and H&R Mag in a .327 Fed.

Boolit Buddy
    Tracy,

You missed a couple of models. Ruger also makes a fixed sight SP101 with a three inch barrel, LCR with a 1 7/8 inch barrel, and the GP100 with four, five, and six inch barrels. I have one of each except for the LCR and the five inch GP100. The three inch SP101 balances better than any of the other models but I wish Ruger offered it in with an adjustable sight.

Gus Youmans

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus Youmans View Post
    Tracy,

You missed a couple of models. Ruger also makes a fixed sight SP101 with a three inch barrel, LCR with a 1 7/8 inch barrel, and the GP100 with four, five, and six inch barrels. I have one of each except for the LCR and the five inch GP100. The three inch SP101 balances better than any of the other models but I wish Ruger offered it in with an adjustable sight.

Gus Youmans
    You're right, Gus. I just offered up the one that seemed to most closely match what the OP was asking for.
    I have a Single Seven and really like it, and now that 4" SP is calling my name!

Boolit Buddy
    Tracy,

You won't go wrong with a four inch SP101. I own seven Ruger .32s and the four inch SP101 is the most accurate of the bunch. When developing loads I mount the guns in a Ransom Rest and shoot five, five shot groups and calculate an average. Most loads from that gun average less than two inches at 25 yards and many get down into the 1.25 - 1.5 range. I have developed loads for the .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R, and .327 Federal cases and cannot discern any real accuracy difference between the three cases with loads appropriate for the respective cases. However, the guns seems to like for the .32 S&W Long loads to be pushed near or just above recommended max loads for that cartridge. The .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R seem to have a preference for faster powders such as 231 and bullseye and all my .32s really shine with the RCBS 98 grain SWC bullet.

Gus Youmans

Gus Youmans

Boolit Master
    The 4” sp101 is a sweet shooter the cylinder is long enough to crimp all the bullets I have tried in the crimp grove , and it shoots well with 327 , 32S&W long and 32 H&R I got the 327 first and liked it so much I traded into a 357 to go with it.
    Last edited by onelight; 05-08-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog454 View Post
    BD
    I once owned just the revolver you are looking for. It was a H&R double action 4" in 32 S&W long.
    I always fired it single action and it had a good trigger. It was probably the most accurate pistol I have ever owned even better than my Rugers in 22 LR.
    Like a young dumb kid I traded it for something else because I didn't reload for it and ammo was quite expensive it seemed. Now they seem hard to find like you said, they made millions of them but people seldom let them go once they find how nice they shoot.

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    Found one. A H&R 732 in 32 S&WL, now all I have to do is work up a good load. I'll stare with Larrys suggestion of 2.8 gr and go from there, I have 4 different configurations of 90 to 98 gr. bullets to work with, so it should br fun.
    BD

BD: Good to hear that you've found yourself a H&R 732. I'm pretty fond of 32's myself I own a 732 that I probably paid a few dollars more for than it was worth (Cabella's) it has a 4" barrel. One of the hand guns in my safe that I'm real proud of is a Colt Army Special in 32-20 WCF and it has a 6" barrel. I have "the bug" bad enough that I own six different moulds for 32cal. handguns. Saeco 326, Lee 311-93-1R and 314-90-SWC the Noe 313-89-WC BF4 and the Accurate 31-090V and 311125D. Yup, caught the bug. Gp

Boolit Master

Nice list of moulds, I just got a 2C Lyman 313445 and have boolits ready but ran out of time to try them... My goto is the Saeco 325 or the NOE 90 grain WC.

Boolit Buddy
    ya! I got the bug, looking for that 732, I found a ss single seven in 327 that followed me home and a blackhawk buckeye in 32 s&w with the 32-20 extra cylinder, and another h&r snubbi in 32h&r mag. So that 732 cost me $$.
    BD

BD: That's a very nice group of 32 handguns. That Blackhawk buckeye is a revolver I'd love to own. As I already own a 32 S&W and a 32-20 I would like to add either a 32 H&R or a 327 Federal. Using only cast bullets do you believe there is any performance to be gained with the 327 that can't be had with the 32H&R. With my group of moulds I can't see buying any jacketed bullets. Gp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast