RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Gripswell shooting gloves?

Gripswell shooting gloves?

Anybody try these for revolvers? They seem to be nice although pricey. I think they reccomend the gs-33 style for handguns. I can’t post a link from my ipad, but the website is gripswell.com
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    They don't look bad but i prefer open fingers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    They don't look bad but i prefer open fingers.
    Scissors can handle that simple alteration.
    I plan to order a set in about a week. If I can remeber, Ill post review.
    "In GOD We Trust"

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Yea let us know. Have only one gun that i need one on and it can be a beast 41 mag at only 23 oz.

Boolit Master

Tangential response

Not being familiar with the glove, I'm responding to what probably is the intent of your question. When younger, I was a four-wall handball player whose shining moment was playing Dr. Stan London, fourth ranked in the country at the time, in a best of three game match. Although he didn't need to play the third game with me, he did - 21-0, 21-0, and 21-0.* Depending upon how my hands would feel I would wear handball gloves with, or without, padded palms. In either set of gloves, finger feel was excellent. Grip tackiness - for purpose of shooting - was and remains excellent.

Years later, I discovered handball gloves to be well designed for use as shooting gloves. While I preferred unpadded, the padded gloves made my Freedom Arms Model 83 in 475 Lindebaugh shootable for up to three cylindersful of my hunting loads. In both cases, the leather gloves, being intended for long-term use by sweaty hands, have lasted nearly fifty years. My padded ones I haven't worn in years. My unlined handball gloves are still supple with stitching intact.

Hope this helps.

* My buddy asked Dr. London why he didn't give me a "courtesy" point. London replied that he did not "give" anything. If I scored when playing him, he said I'd know I earned it. I never forgot the lesson he taught. As a teacher and parent, I adopted the same principal. . . . When my students hanged me in effigy, my kids were right there cheering them on.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Thanks Naphtali, that is something to think about. I will research them.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    Not being familiar with the glove, I'm responding to what probably is the intent of your question. When younger, I was a four-wall handball player whose shining moment was playing Dr. Stan London, fourth ranked in the country at the time, in a best of three game match. Although he didn't need to play the third game with me, he did - 21-0, 21-0, and 21-0.* Depending upon how my hands would feel I would wear handball gloves with, or without, padded palms. In either set of gloves, finger feel was excellent. Grip tackiness - for purpose of shooting - was and remains excellent.

Years later, I discovered handball gloves to be well designed for use as shooting gloves. While I preferred unpadded, the padded gloves made my Freedom Arms Model 83 in 475 Lindebaugh shootable for up to three cylindersful of my hunting loads. In both cases, the leather gloves, being intended for long-term use by sweaty hands, have lasted nearly fifty years. My padded ones I haven't worn in years. My unlined handball gloves are still supple with stitching intact.

Hope this helps.

* My buddy asked Dr. London why he didn't give me a "courtesy" point. London replied that he did not "give" anything. If I scored when playing him, he said I'd know I earned it. I never forgot the lesson he taught. As a teacher and parent, I adopted the same principal. . . . When my students hanged me in effigy, my kids were right there cheering them on.

One of the best reads yet on this forum. Well said, and thank you for sharing. To the OP, if you get those gloves, please share a review! I found not wearing gloves, but buying proper fitting grips to make my revolvers easier to shoot. But, my maximum cartridge limit is 44mag.

Boolit Buddy

I have large hands and use bicycle gloves. They are an open mesh design without fingertips. They are well padded in the palms. I paid $14 for them.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought a set of SXS gloves from them. They do NOT appear to be made of goatskin like the ad stated, communication with them was pathetic and shipping took a long time (think China). The thickness is similar to regular cowhide work gloves you get from a hardware store.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I bought a set of SXS gloves from them. They do NOT appear to be made of goatskin like the ad stated, communication with them was pathetic and shipping took a long time (think China). The thickness is similar to regular cowhide work gloves you get from a hardware store.
    Wow, I was ready to order a pair today until I read this. Not sure what to think now???
    "In GOD We Trust"