Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: NOE set screws

NOE set screws

Does anyone know the dimensions/size of the set screws used on NOE molds? I lost one and would like to get a few spares.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I had the same thing happen with mp molds. Being from europe (metric), I thought they would be hard to find. So, I took the mold along with allen wrenches to my local hardware store. They had a great selection of both metric and sae ones. Bought ten for around $2.50
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Does anyone know the dimensions/size of the set screws used on NOE molds? I lost one and would like to get a few spares.
    Not sure which screws you're talking about.

I just lost the lock screw for the sprue pivot of my NOE two-banger. They seem to fall out easily. I believe that screw might be 8x32, no longer than 1/4"

I got tired of fooling with the bloody small allen screws and substituted a longer, large-headed machine screw in mine. It sticks out but is easier to work with when you want to take up slack on the plate.

I also replaced the sprue pivot screw with something that's more friendly to adjust during a cast. The little head on the original screw quickly fills with lead if, like me, you tend to slobber lead across the top of the plate.

In my humble, Rapine had a much better sprue pivot. I don't know why today's mold makers won't copy his solution.
    Last edited by PBSmith; 04-21-2019 at 11:10 AM.