Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Do you think you have a lack of faith?

Boolit Master

Do you think you have a lack of faith?

I think most of us Christians lack faith and it is most discouraging....this being Easter, I noticed something in one of the Gospels. The Sunday morning, after Jesus was laid in the tomb (for 3 days) women went to the tomb and found it empty. They told the Apostles that the body was gone...they didn't believe it! Reflect in that for a moment...why didn't they go to the tomb after 3 days to see if what Jesus had told them was true? These followers were with Jesus for 3 years and saw all the many miracles he had done..yet. Talk about lack of faith. Maybe us of us that do believe in Jesus have a lot more faith than we first thought.

Also....Jesus said He'd be resurrected after three days....if He was crucified on a Friday, how can Sunday be resurrection day? Seems to be inconsistent....for those of you that would like some explanation/clarification---I offer this...

http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/jes...s-jesus-in-the

Happy Easter!

Boolit Master
    A bunch of Christians are stuck in a Saturday disciple mind set!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Simple answer yes. I do truly believe but do not attend church. A lot of my family that does attend believe that the bible is just a good story to tell how we should do. To me i just can't understand this. It would seem to me that you believe the bible as written or you don't. I cannot see a gray area if it were just a story then what's the point.

Boolit Master

Man remembers what happened millions of years ago- hence dinosaurs, continents changing, stars being born. But the miracles that happened a little over 2000 years ago and the story of Jesus is just a fable? I don't think so! "Faith being the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen..." (Hebrews 11:1)

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” (James 2:26)

"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." (James 2:26)
    (and by the way there are 234 instances of the phrase "Faith by a mustard seed in the Bible!)

My point is..."works" in reference to Faith doesn't exactly mean "make something happen physically by Faith", it means ACT and BELIEVE and KNOW that Faith is real to do the impossible!. Claim it!

(Sorry to rant on as I myself have not been going to Church either and I can't justify not going.)
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I considered this question a while be before I put up this comment . I don't remember ever doubting there was GOD . I grew up in a Christian home ..God was a reality , GOD was what is . I'm not trying to brag But I have never had a crisis of 'faith' . I have never doubted the existence of God . That's not even debatable to me and never has been . In fact knowing GOD was real only made my sin worse in my opinion . I never had the excuse of not knowing when I did wrong which makes it even worse .

A better question to me would be...Have I ever failed GOD ? The answer is YES ! I have failed many times ! Being born a sinner I never had a shot at being perfect . BUT ! Our Lord knows this is our nature . In the process of our lives we are instructed to Learn and accept our weakness in the understanding of our relationship with our creator . HE is our strength . We believe in a just and loving GOD , in his mercy we are offered forgiveness by admission of our wrong and obedience in correcting it . We are to learn and gain strength through him...NOT through our self .

Thank you for the question .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Do you know what I mean about Saturday disciples? What was the mind set of these disciples and apostles on Saturday? Faith? Their faith was lying in a tomb, sealed, with guards posted. It looked like the authorities would be coming after them next! Christ had told them what was coming, what had to be fulfilled, but he wasn't revealed to them in powered yet!

I think many today are stuck in a Saturday disciple mindset, where Christ hasn't been revealed in power yet.