WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you store your boolits in?

I keep raw cast bullets in either coffee cans or the Tupperware that ham comes in. I keep lubed and sized bullets in the Tupperware.

Quote Originally Posted by WebMonkey View Post
    +1 on plastic coffee cans.
    Folger's one pound is my favorite.

Same here

In Remembrance

Peanut butter jars, small plastic coffee containers and empty jacketed bullet boxes work for me.

Boolit Grand Master
    Before sizing and lubing, friskies cat food container.
    After I put them in CCI .22 slide top plastic box.

Boolit Master
    Cigar boxes.

Boolit Master

2 1/2 gallon buckets with handel and lid, I used a hard lube and store my bullets in bulk containers
    5QT motor oil plastic jug with cap on, if the cap opening is small cut open a larger hole, the big jug handle is very user friendly I usually use Mobil 1 jugs

Boolit Grand Master
    Once my pistol bullets are cast, sized, and lubed I like to store them individually in little brass tubes with a little powder behind. These can then be placed in a variety of boxes, bags, etc depending on how they will subsequently be used. Prior to being "finished" in this way they usually end up stored loosely in bulk in relatively small plastic boxes with tops, generally not more than a couple of hundred at a time so they don't get too crowded.

Most of my cast rifle bullets are for schuetzen and are loaded and fired individually. They are cast more precisely, so my technique is to keep them in order cast, then place them meplat end down in the plastic liner boxes from factory pistol ammo. These go back into their original cardboard boxes (remarked with the new caliber information) or into wooden cigar boxes bought specifically for the task, and stored this way until carried (still packed the same way) to the range for use.

I will admit to having bought MTM and Midway cases for loaded ammo and even went to D**** Sporting Goods (the name of which is now an expletive in my lexicon) and bought some Plano cases for loaded ammo, but recently have found them at Cabela's and Bass Pro. Note these are for bullets stored in the little brass cylinders as described in my first paragraphs... sometimes I like to keep them a little more organized.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I use crayon boxes from Walmart.

Boolit Buddy

Clear plastic bottles with screw on tops.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm reloading.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	241270
    L.E.C.

Boolit Grand Master

Usually in brass casings with powder under them.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    Plastic coffee cans.

Boolit Master

I have taken to using plastic paint measuring cups for my raw cast. Its convenient and cheap. I keep a stack of 6-8 near the casting bench. When cool, I spoon them into the cup and put on the shelf till needed. Covers are available if you feel they are needed. (I don't touch my boolits as I powder coat most everything and take no chances on contamination.)

THEN the afore mentioned FREEZER Zip locks before going in a hang able container, on the floor. (Need to expand my room and make a shelving unit.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    plastic bags sorted by weight etc then in Tupperware type containers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I have taken to using plastic paint measuring cups for my raw cast. Its convenient and cheap. I keep a stack of 6-8 near the casting bench. When cool, I spoon them into the cup and put on the shelf till needed. Covers are available if you feel they are needed. (I don't touch my boolits as I powder coat most everything and take no chances on contamination.)

THEN the afore mentioned FREEZER Zip locks before going in a hang able container, on the floor. (Need to expand my room and make a shelving unit.

CW
    I use those for raw and unsized boolits. Then I lucked into a Walmart that was closing out the steel loaf pans for $0.50 each. I bought 31 of them. They are AWESOME for raw and coated unsized boolits.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    Plastic coffee containers
    Same here.I have hundreds of coffee cans for bullets and ice cream tubes for brass. All though double lined large flat rate boxes work great for brass storage too.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63181_W3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	241292

Found at harbor freight on sale sometimes for 12.99.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I use those for raw and unsized boolits. Then I lucked into a Walmart that was closing out the steel loaf pans for $0.50 each. I bought 31 of them. They are AWESOME for raw and coated unsized boolits.
    Sounds perfect!!

I drive past a couple dollar stores. I STILL need to stopIn and look around. I just have a feeling they gonna have some useful containers.

Having them in different containers lets me immediately know what I have. I need to devise something for PC’d but not sized in storage. Right now any unsized just sit on the back bench awaiting sizing.
    Im getting so many bullets cast that I really dont “need” to size them h till
    im gonna shoot and that could be a month or years, depending on boolit.

CW

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Same here.I have hundreds of coffee cans for bullets and ice cream tubes for brass. All though double lined large flat rate boxes work great for brass storage too.
    At our local HD I found nice snap on lid containers. They are cheap too! 5/7 in a pack for like 10$. The size in volume is almost two show boxes. They stack, are clear and lids snap on but not air tight. I stack them 3 high and they fit four wide on wire shelves I also got at HD/Lower.

These are NG for lead tho simply not strong enough even for 50% fill. Perfect for lighter weight brass tho!!!

CW

What ever I can find empty at the time then I weight them and put them in to jars with the weight on them I them lube and size them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast