Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you store your boolits in?

sized & lubed

Photo #1: These containers are available from Walmart......less than $4.00

Photo #2: The larger blue containers are not available in my town anymore.....wish they were.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-032F.JPG   MVC-033F.JPG  

Banned
    In zipper bags

after PC'd In zipper bags in square peanut jars

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    This. ^^^ If I cared enough to cast 'em right, I want 'em protected. Dumping 'em in bulk somewhere damages the bases so they won't shoot well. 'Course that doesn't matter to handgun shooters, I guess.
    So far, I have not detected any damage by storing my bullets in bulk. I do set them in the jug a handful at a time, very gently.

Boolit Buddy
    A covered range eliminates the storage problem.

Boolit Mold
    modifed cd rom containers. chop out the center post, melt in a patch. They are strong, and the label easily seen thru the plastic. stackable too
    keep faith

Boolit Master
    A couple friends gave me the plywood crates they got their commercial coated cast bullets in. The brand is Acme I think. My HiTek'd and sized bullets go in those, about 2500 9mm in each. They have fitted lids and I can stack them to or three high.

I also use the small plastic buckets that Remington sells bulk ammo in. They will hold about 1000 147 grain 9 mm slugs.

I throw in a paper label with boolit style, coating, sizing, alloy and date of baking on the coating, as it reportedly affects the age hardening. Actually, all I really need to do is provide the date, since I cast just the one boolit for all my current needs, even though I have molds in several styles.

Boolit Master

Im thinking of building a rack and will utilize the plastic bins on the shelves. Thinking 2x6 lumber. Floor to ceiling attached to wall and ceiling rafters maybe 36/48” wide. (Might not be enough)

Right now, freezer zip locks in reinforced card board boxes by caliber. On the floor and bottom self of my main loading bench.

Plastic containers I have used previous look good for a spell but split and deform badly from the weight.

So far these bins hold up well on the bottom shelf and they have ALLOT of weight in them Id say on the order of 50-70# (They are the larger size.) I dont think they could hang as designed with the weight. But I dont intend in doing that.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    As cast in whatever small cardboard/cigar boxes on hand. Sized and lubed go in boxes I make from old flat rate boxes sized for the bullet. Cardboard between layers, deep enough for 2 layer of 100 for rifle and 400-500 per box for 45. Loaded ammo in 50 rd plastic boxes (MTM,Berry's) for rifle and the plastic partition boxes picked up on the range for 45. All get stored in GI ammo cans until needed. A good storage solution for cans or other containers are the heavy duty shelves from Lowe's or other stores. The unit I got at Lowes is rated for 400# per shelf and was less than $80 for the 3 foot wide by six foot high unit. Also comes in a 4 foot wide version.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use empty gunpowder containers
    the black round ones holds what I need
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Cast but not loaded go in zip lock bags labeled as to bullet size, weight, alloy, and date. Also state of processing such as sized or lubed 1x or 2x or PC. The bags are in 30 caliber ammo cans on the floor under the bottom shelf of the bench. A 30 caliber can full of bullets is as heavy as I want to mess with.

A few bullets are in smaller plastic containers or bagged and in containers. Mostly odd lots of different weights or profiles get this small batch storage. E.G 38 hollow point commercial from estate or round ball for 20 gauge or some .32 acp cast from a gun show.

Completed rounds go in the Harbor Freight $3.99 plastic ammo boxes if they are bulk ammo. Or Plano boxes for special or different loads. E.G some light loads for the wife or plain base gas check bullets for 357, the ladder of loads for trying a different powder or new bullet/load.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    you can still find them about , they are about $4 each
    All the local stores are out of stock.
    NRA Benefactor.

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    I use empty gunpowder containers
    the black round ones holds what I need
    Had not thought of that!
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master

Good idea!!

Boolit Bub
    Peanut butter jars. My family goes through peanut butter, and the container is sturdy.
    I tried the disposable Ziploc containers, but they would buckle when stacked!

Boolit Master

Pre-lube - Temptations cat treat containers. Big enough for about 20 pounds worth, and has a square footprint, so fairly space-efficient on a shelf.

Post-lube - the plastic 50-round trays that come with a box of Federal/Speer/CCI .45 ACP ammo.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Chinese takeout containers, I also use the round takeout containers to tumble lube
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master

I ordered and received a bunch of Freezer bags last night... Upon opening I found that they shipped me Gallon and Quart. Not PINT & Quart as I ordered.

they wanted me to send pictures, ship back yada yada yada.. I told the lady, I didn't screw anything up YOU DID. Your add says PINT I paid for PINT you sent gallon. If you want it back, YOU send return postage and when you send the PINT that I ordered include EXTRA for MY TROUBLES.

Otherwise. I have Gallon and I'm keeping it.

Sick and tired of this nonsense. I'm not required to return ANYTHING on my dime!

Now I need to find PINT Freezer bags and be sure its not from this company!

CW

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post

Now I need to find PINT Freezer bags and be sure its not from this company!

CW
    Family Dollar/ Dollar General has them & even in name brands if that is your preference.

Just a suggestion.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Ya know these are popin up Like dandelions!!!

I have t stepped foot in a single one! I want to, I drive by at least three taking the back roads home
    From the shop!

Thanks Ill stop one day!

CW

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    All the local stores are out of stock.
    For Wally-World, order online, and ship to store for pick-up.
    works for me,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast