MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you store your boolits in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Lubed boolits are stored in old plastic trays from commercial ammo boxes. Over the years, I accumulated several hundred from the trash bins behind our club's 25-yard pistol line and from the commercial range where I shot in a winter bullseye league. PC'd boolits are stored in plastic food storage containers from Dollar General...multi-functional, stackable, and cheap.Bill
    This. ^^^ If I cared enough to cast 'em right, I want 'em protected. Dumping 'em in bulk somewhere damages the bases so they won't shoot well. 'Course that doesn't matter to handgun shooters, I guess.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    This. ^^^ If I cared enough to cast 'em right, I want 'em protected. Dumping 'em in bulk somewhere damages the bases so they won't shoot well. 'Course that doesn't matter to handgun shooters, I guess.
    I powdercoat my bullets. I do not need to worry about messing up the lube or the bases.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I usually just cast what i plan on loading I just don't like sitting around and casting for long. then I usually just store the loaded ammo in old commercial boxes
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    I have used about everything that was mentioned above. Zip lock bags to coffee cans to maragrine containers. Also used Tupperware containers to boxes. I now use a gallon and a half plastic bucket I get at work for pool chemicals with a heavy duty screw on lid. Works great for brass kind of heavy for bullets . But thery are stackable and heavy duty

Boolit Buddy
    I live in an 85 year old house with a full basement. Over the years the previous owners have built shelves around almost the entire perimeter. Because of the over abundance of shelf space I don’t need to maximize my storage capacity. I’m using using small amazon cardboard boxes; they seem to be replacing the disposable department store bags here at my house. The boxes are bulky, but they are free and hold up pretty well.

Boolit Master
    I use the "shelf bins" like/similar to the picture below, for my cast un-lubed boolits:

Although I do have some in some mayo jars right now because I ran out of buns for the time being...

For my completed handloads, I use old ammo cardboard boxes, MTM & other plastic ammo boxes, coffee cans ammo cans in a couple sizes, ziplock bags, mayo/salad dressing jars, coffee cans, candy & cookie tins... Well, I guess I use just abut anything I can, & have available.

All are labeled just like you would with ammo boxes, but instead of using the little labels that usually come with the plastic( like, MTM) ammo boxes, I just write the data/info on masking tape that is on the top of the ammo box, or across the cardboard box flap so it does not open, & for the other misc. containers I put the data/info inside the container on a piece of paper.

I am not OCD about what I put my boolits or rounds in. Although, I just like to keep the ammo in specific separate places, so I do not have them mixed together in one spot. (Meaning factory ammo is stored in one location, my rifle & pistol handloads in another location, and shotgun handloads in another. All in my house, btw.)

I keep my brass sorted by caliber & headstamp in ziplock bags too.

So, that is "my" organization style, anyway. "Mixed & matched both" & I use whatever I can to just "get R done"..
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

Cast bullets storage created a challenge -- sort of -- for me. To wit, I cast outside (in garage), and will "do" a coffee can's worth. I label the can "RAW xxx-xxx" which is the mould I used. Then, often a bit later, I set up a lubrisizer, and finish some/all. The lubed and sized ones go into blue plastic boxes from (I think?) Midway. (I'll hopefully edit this in an hour or two with a photo). My recreational outdoor shooting months here are too few, so often -- say, January thru March time -- is when the RAW bullets get finished.Attachment 240240Attachment 240241
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 04-22-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Square plastic nut containers for me too. I lay them on their sides and mark the contents on the lids. They stack nicely.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Cast unlubed go in old labeled METAL coffee cans. Sized and lubed go in labeled cookie tins with cardboard from cereal boxes between layers. Neatest storage method I have found in my 45years of reloading.
    Steve

Boolit Buddy
    I go to the Dollar tree where they have some clearish screw on containers with blue and green lids they hold my as cast and PCed bullets (also use one to tumble PC) and then they have smaller pint like clear containers with blue screw on lids that I buy for storing my sized and GC bullets, I just take some masking tape and write ... NOE 311299 PC sized .312 GC 50/50 alloy 202grn

I do that for all of my cast Boolits... for my loaded ammo I have those cheaper plastic ammo cans(30cal) and I store loose packed in those with a MTM case guard or 2 loaded with the infor on it ready for the range... when I get back I drop the brass into a bucket and refill the MTM cases with the loose packed ammo from the can... when the can gets low I start reloading

Boolit Master
    I store loaded rounds in reused 50 rd factory boxes that way it is easy to see when I need to load more.

Boolit Buddy
    The heavy duty plastic containers the wife gets powdered dishwasher detergent in works well and holds a lot.

Boolit Buddy
    Currently I’m using plastic peanut butter containers. However, I will be switching to the Costco “nut” containers. Mainly for the square (instead of round) footprint.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    ^^^This is what I use as well, hold enough bullets that handling a container is “enough”. I peel and clean off the label so I can see in them easily and I write on the lid what they are, weight, size etc. Being square-ish they pack together well. And you get to have some nuts/candy as part of the deal.
    👍🏼

Boolit Master

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...050551b0d954ad

I wish I had bought more when they were available. Just the right size for boolits and ammo.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    Unlubed, unsized cast bullets or lubed/sized - plastic ice cream containers; stackable, sealable and practical weight.

cases - wally world plastic shoe boxes; stackable, somewhat sealed, practical weight and number of cases dependent on caliber.

loaded ammunition - 30 and 50 cal ammo cans, USGI/replica or commercial

all are labeled with 3m laser labels printed on my brother laser printer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Went2kck View Post
    Peanut butter jars, cashew jars or planters peanut jars, Honey roasted of course. I use the square ones for loaded rounds to.
    Same here except I don't discriminate when it comes to nuts. I mainly save the empty jars from mixed nuts at Christmas. Got a pretty good supply of empty's. I used to save Miracle Whip jars until they went back to small mouth jars. Not sure that I see the wisdom in that decision.
    John
    W.TN

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I use 4x4x4 and 4x4x3 cardboard boxes i get from amazon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...050551b0d954ad

I wish I had bought more when they were available. Just the right size for boolits and ammo.
    you can still find them about , they are about $4 each

My finished boolits go in a mason jar. I only cast for 35 Whelen right now so it’s more than enough.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast