Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: Bolt ID Help - Mannlicher?

Boolit Buddy

Bolt ID Help - Mannlicher?

Picked this up with a lot of tools, seems in great shape except appears to be missing an extractor. Seems like split receiver, so I’m thinking some variety of Mannlicher? What do I have?Attachment 240106Attachment 240107Attachment 240108Attachment 240109Attachment 240110Attachment 240111Attachment 240112Attachment 240113Attachment 240114

Boolit Master
    Greek 1903 been somewhat sporterized........the gas shield is interesting.....and necessary...........The extractor is a small bit of spring steel.......easily replaced ...if you have a spare...............spare extractors were included in the cleaning kit.

Boolit Master
    It is from the German carbine called a KAR88. The KAR88 is the carbine version of the GEW88.

EDG

Boolit Buddy
    Whoa, nice EDG, thank you. I love the C&Rsenal and Anvil gunsmithing videos. Never thought about looking there. The KAR88 bolt I have is a perfect match to what I’m seeing, and I’m indeed just missing an extractor. Now I won’t misrepresent it. Jim

Boolit Master
    50 years I had a KAR 88 with the wrong bolt - It had the straight rifle bolt instead of the spoon handle.
    Someone out there will have a KAR88 that needs your bolt. I would offer it at the classifieds on the gunboards forums. It has a lot of GEW88 and KAR88 collectors. Many or the GEW88 rifles are missing the entire bolt head so that part of your bolt is fairly valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkrem View Post
    Whoa, nice EDG, thank you. I love the C&Rsenal and Anvil gunsmithing videos. Never thought about looking there. The KAR88 bolt I have is a perfect match to what I’m seeing, and I’m indeed just missing an extractor. Now I won’t misrepresent it. Jim
    EDG

Yup, that´s a Karabiner 1888 bolt. The "butter knife" bolt handle is typical of those little carbines.

A few years back Numrich had Kar 88 extractors. I bought one from them and it was really easy to install; almost no fitting required.
    "Skill is acquired not alone through practice but through the combination of study and experience" - P. Sharpe