Lee PrecisionPBcastcoReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Revolvers Introduced

Boolit Buddy
    I have a spare aluminum alloy Single Six grip frame and walnut grip that I hope to be able to use on the Wrangler I have on order. If this works out it should make a fairly good lightweight single action 22.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Krumhunger View Post
    I have a spare aluminum alloy Single Six grip frame and walnut grip that I hope to be able to use on the Wrangler I have on order. If this works out it should make a fairly good lightweight single action 22.
    Let us know I was wondering if that would work.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Krumhunger View Post
    Go to about 0:35 in the video on the bottom of the page and listen to what the guy says about the grips.
    https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html
    Liberalism isn't just a disease anymore, it is a mental disorder.

Sirach 2: 4-9

Any questions.......http://http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?293211-Bubba-w-a-45-70-is-a-bonafied-straight-shooter
    Or here....http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-shooter-too!

Banned
    I hope EVERYONE in the US buys one of these. When the market gets oversaturated the price will come down to a more reasonable point.

I just pre-ordered mine from Kentucky gun co.$172.99, shipped free..

Boolit Master

My initial reaction to the picture was " Oh look, a kind of bigger Bearcat" I will watch for one of these to show up.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

These little guys look VERY accurate. My LGS said he will sell them for $180
    https://gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Banned
    If the aluminum alloy is the factor that makes revolvers cheap, I hope they start making nine and ten shot double action revolvers with aluminum frames for like $200 THAT would get me excited!

Boolit Master
    I saw on another forum that the dealer cost is $149. I noticed one review said the trigger pull was 3 pounds 14 oz. If true I am kind of surprised Ruger would let them out of factory with a light trigger like that. In my experience a Ruger factory trigger is usually 4 1/2 pounds to 5 1/2.

My local dealer said he had ordered a bunch, and already had 6 spoken for.

Boolit Master

They're going to put a massive dent in Rough Rider sales, it sounds like. With a Ruger for $180, I wouldn't even look at a $130 Taurus (Rough Rider). I know not to expect anything very nice for that price range, but it has to be better than the RR.

Waco, was that Gunpro, or a different LGS? It's been a while since we've been back to Springfield. I need to stop in and say hi to Neil next time I'm in town.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    From the videos, it looks like Ruger has done a good job on the Wrangler. As far as not having adjustable sights - it's a SA clone - it's like any other SA - you learn how the particular gun shoots and the sight picture that goes with it - it's not that hard.

I have a Heritage RR - 4 3/4" and have never had any issues with mine - shoots well and is accurate enough t for critters and a knock around gun on the farm - hat the safety it has but never use it. I don't think the price on the Wrangler (real world price) is unreasonable and I can see picking one up when they become available and probably getting rid of the Heritage. Ruger's customer service is good - what's not to like on this new one? I'm thinking one in black with a nice set of wood grass would make a good replacement for the Heritage and if there were any problems - Ruger will take care of it. Not so sure Heritage would do the same.

At first I thought- “where’s the cylinder flutes?”- then I thought they might use the LCR Pepperbox style and I’m ok with no flutes!
    I just learned that my nephew is going to gunsmith school. He will need projects. My Heritage is going with him. I may get a Wrangler.

Boolit Master
    I just posted this in another thread, but might as well post it here too. The gun looks good. Yep, at that price I'm very tempted to get one.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BBEF496-6745-456F-9A55-D8F2BDB0CEAC.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	241020
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7BF06B41-6971-4A9A-AB7E-967FE3608A29.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	241022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F37FBC49-1109-4EAE-B57B-9B406BBF7BB7.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	241023

The kid's thinking of how they'll get to shoot that thing someday! Range report please. I don't get excited about new guns often, but I am about this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have 4 steel targets hung approx 125 yards up our south hill. I hit the 10” gong 4 out of 6 with the first cylinder I shot through it. The trigger is probably 4-5lb, not much creep. It is nice and light, the guy at the pawn shop was a huge fan of it. I’ll update when I get more time to shoot, super busy getting things in gear for planting season here currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I hope EVERYONE in the US buys one of these. When the market gets oversaturated the price will come down to a more reasonable point.

Why in world would you think that a $179 purchase price (see post #85 in this thread) for a Wrangler is unreasonable, especially in this day & age ?

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

I just picked one up this morning at a gun show, $189 retail. I really like the feel of it. I was a defender of the cheap little Heritage Rough Rider, but for only $60 more for the Ruger, I think the Wrangler is a far, far better value. I haven't shot it yet though...

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I just picked one up this morning at a gun show, $189 retail. I really like the feel of it. I was a defender of the cheap little Heritage Rough Rider, but for only $60 more for the Ruger, I think the Wrangler is a far, far better value. I haven't shot it yet though...
    I bought a Rough Rider about 20 years ago with a 6.5" barrel, adjustable sights, a .22 WMR cylinder and laminated grips that I think was a good value too.
    People who buy a Wrangler are also getting a good value.
    If everyone is getting there money's worth then they're both good values and neither is a "far, far better value" than the other.
    They're not the same price and they each have different features and designs.
    There's no reason to rank the value of a Rough Rider against the Wrangler because it's like comparing apples to oranges.
    If someone wants an affordable model with a birdshead grip, a longer barrel or adjustable sights then that's what they will buy, and it will be a good value.
    I don't see a Wrangler being made with a 9 inch barrel.
    I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.
    Last edited by arcticap; 05-05-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast