RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
PBcastco Wideners
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Revolvers Introduced

Boolit Master

Some nice wood grips and the black one probably wouldn't look to bad. I'm not a fan of the two tone look on the others.

I might have to get one of them. I have be looking for something to get my grand daughter started on for handgun shooting. The single six is a little much for what I want it for. It looks like a good starter gun for her. I just hope it is accurate. Being a Ruger it should be fine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daloper View Post
    ... I just hope it is accurate. ...
    yeah, that's the crux of the matter and where heritage typically falls short - meaning, consistent POI for all 6 chambers.

looking to get a black wrangler asap.

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    yeah, that's the crux of the matter and where heritage typically falls short - meaning, consistent POI for all 6 chambers.

looking to get a black wrangler asap.
    I know that about the heritage. That's the main reason that I did not get one. My uncle has a single six that he says that is mine when he no longer has a use for it. But do not want to just wait on that.

Boolit Master

I was coming to make a thread about them , but you beat me to it!

These will be much more in my price range than a Single Six is, unfortunately. The cool thing is Single Six grips will work on the Wrangler. I'll be interested to see what else will interchange.

I wonder what other models will come out? It would be nice to see a convertible model as well.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    I stick with my single six that I got back in 84 It is my trap line gun.I got the one with the mag cylinder.
    I bought one from an estate. I never got the accuracy that my buddy did with his. I added a wolf spring kit that cleaned up the offensive rigger pull but it just wasn’t an accurate pistol.

Sold it to a fellow who had given me two nice deals in the past. He said he would be happy as he was just looking for a trap line .22 magnum. Truth be told I never tried the magnum cylinder. Maybe the deeper grooves matched that better than the . 22 Lr bullets. He said it looked too nice to drag on the line though. It did look excellent.

What I like about the Heritage Rough Rider is the safety switch at the back of the frame which is part of a hammer block safety.
    That's a really nice feature to have on a .22 revolver that you might hand to a child to teach how to shoot or to hunt with.
    That and the adjustable sights.
    I'm not hating on the new Ruger, but I do admire that unique SA hammer block safety.
    Last edited by arcticap; 04-19-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Boolit Master
    I have the Super Single Six with the 4.62” barrel. The Wrangler has an aluminum frame, so much lighter. It will ride in a cross draw holster on desert walks. Yes, I’m in for sure.

Boolit Master
    I wonder what the aluminum alloy is for the cylinder? I like them, and if they do well I’ll buy 4 of them. 1 for me, my wife, and each child. Would be good companions to their cricket rifles.

Boolit Master
    Looks good to me ,I need one as my days of shooting big bore rifles and revolvers is fast coming to an end. Old and beat up 80 birthdays do that.
    Frank G.

Someone on another forum said that his LGS has ordered some and will be selling them for $189
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Banned

i did a pre-order for $199/shipped @ sportsmans outdoor superstore - works well enuf for me.

I love it, should cause the demand for used Single-6s to drop prices. Ruger products are dependable so I would much rather have one than a Heratage. I've seen on several forums that guys have Heratages that "are as accurate as my S-6 or my XX. I've never seen one yet or has anybody I know.

I had a Heritage 4.5" with the extra .22mag cyl. It was the worst lead shaving, non grouping, piece of junk I ever owned. It was so bad that I traded it for a Davis Derringer in 9mm and feel I got a great deal. I still have the Derringer by the way.

Boolit Master
    Niiiice!

I'm told that the Ruger cylinder is steel and is not sleeved.
    Any photos that make it appear to be sleeved are only showing carbon rings that result from the powder residue after being fired.
    AFAIK only the cylinder frame and grip frame are aluminum alloy.
    I believe that the barrel and cylinder are steel.

Boolit Grand Master

It looks like it has great potential, but Ruger really dropped the ball on the start. Put real sights on it, and I would go buy one tomorrow.

Fixed sights are fine if they hit point of aim. I'm sure They'll be easier to see than the SAA type. I had two old fixed sight Single Sixes that were dead on with any high velocity. 22 LR ammo. They had dovetail rear sights but never had to tap them. I'm anxious to check out the Ruger Wrangler. In black, I don't like "Pinto" revolvers either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wonder how the 1 in 14 twist will do in cold weather?

Banned

a very good ruger wrangler review ....

https://www.realguns.com/articles/1096.htm

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast