Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Revolvers Introduced

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The fun store got a black Wrangler in so I grabbed it. Over the course of 200 rounds of mixed ammo, the Wrangler is grouping as well as any other .22 handgun I have ever tried. The POI at 10 yards is about 2" low so I figger I'll just file a bit off the front sight until it gets to my liking. The Wrangler looks and feels like a lower price edition Single Six with the same performance of the original- which is really what it is. Very happy with this gun!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Having been into Ruger SAs, I was not surprised with Wrangler. It is much better gun than Herritage. The durability and accuracy are there. A gun that is not accurate is worthless.

I am still very happy with mine and it has become my EDFC ( every day farm carry) handgun

Last edited by Texas by God; 05-04-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Did you find that your Wrangler printed low out of the box? That seems to be the norm from what I am reading. The manual says it is sighted in at 15 yards.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Did you find that your Wrangler printed low out of the box? That seems to be the norm from what I am reading. The manual says it is sighted in at 15 yards.
    I did and I filed the sight down. Bless Ruger for making the front sight high!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The front sight on my Wrangler was almost 7/32" tall originally. I filed it down to 6/32" and kept the sloping contour as much as I could. Took it out today after work and found that 6/32" is right on the money. At 10 yards it is either dead on or slightly high depending on which ammo is being used. Now that I think about it, the bronze finish is starting to grow on me. Hmmm...

Have now put probably 250 rounds through my Wrangler and it just keeps getting better. This revolver is way more accurate than I can take advantage of. Way to go Ruger, a bronze one is definitely in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Have now put probably 250 rounds through my Wrangler and it just keeps getting better. This revolver is way more accurate than I can take advantage of. Way to go Ruger, a bronze one is definitely in my future!
    A friend recently got a bronze one. Out of the box the bronze has a much better sight picture than the silver. I haven't tried a black one: it should be even better.

CDNN has Wranglers for $169 today

Boolit Master

Wife went to the range with me recently and she shot the Wrangler. OOPS! Her only question was, "are you going to get one for yourself?!!!!

Boolit Master

I've shot both of mine a fair amount now. I like them a lot. Had my wife shooting one today. She's not into shooting at all but comes with me occasionally. She did well with it.

Typical accuracy for mine is around 3" @25 yards, but I haven't tried many different kinds of ammo yet. My Rough Rider is actually a more accurate gun, but I don't really shoot it anymore because it's nowhere near the quality that the Wrangler is, not even close. I would expect that a Wrangler will be shooting fine long after a Rough Rider is plumb worn out, just my opinion.

My side job shop sells a ton of Rough Riders. I always advise people to be patient and wait for a Wrangler, its a way better gun for not much more money. The RR is a darn good $120.00 gun, but the Wrangler is really in another league and still under $200.00. Plus, it has the transfer bar safety which would be well worth the extra cost by itself.

Since the Wrangler had a prettier ejector rod housing- I swapped it onto the Single Six. I wasnt sure it would interchange but there it is.

Looks good! Do you know if the Wrangler has the XR3 Red grip frame? I'm pretty sure it does, haven't had a reason to take the grips off yet and don't know if it would be stamped like the Single Six grip frame is.

The Wranglers have the XR3-RED gripframe; which makes finding aftermarket grips for it a snap.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

All of my Ruger's have been good shooters. These will serve will to bring new folks into the single action fold. I won't be buying one as I am in love with my Old Model Ruger Bearcat.

Did someone mention an OM Bearcat ? ?

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

The frame isn’t marked XR3-Red under the grips; but I have Blackhawk plastic grips on mine. They fit a little shy, the factory Wrangler grips are a shade taller. Older walnut BH panels show too much grip frame /bottom side to my eye. However we put some BH factory laminates on my cousin’s bronze Wrangler and they looked good.
    Drool worthy Bearcat.
    Last edited by Texas by God; 05-09-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Mine are gone..... Gifted my bronze ones to my 13 year old grandson and 16 year old granddaughter this year for their birthdays. Now I'm going to have to get me one. (I know kids can't own pistols but.......)
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I gifted the black one to son in law and the silver to my son , kept the bronze pair for myself .

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast