PBcastcoTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Revolvers Introduced

I miss the 4-5/8" .32 SSM that I had more than just about any handgun that I have traded off. Meanwhile the Wrangler got first blood. Shorts hit low but as he was facing downhill the bullet pierced his vitals and he didn't even jump. When the weather cools down I'll get a mess of these for a frog- fry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I think you scared him to death.

Don't see a bullet hole, nor blood.

The white spot on the right kidney is the entry wound. Frog skin is white on the inside.

Boolit Master
    That's a big frog. Sabre tooth?

It's been a good summer for them. There are a few bigger than him and hundreds of smaller ones in my four ponds.
    Sorry for drifting the thread. I hope to have time tomorrow to do some testing with Long Rifle ammo to see what the Wrangler likes best.
    I shot a very pleasant 100 rounds of CCI MiniMag rolling this thing around. It demands a dead on hold so I may trim the sight a bit. I pronounce it a KEEPER.
    Last edited by Texas by God; 09-14-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Even Cabela's doesn't have any Wranglers here. Mebbe I'll get one as a retirement present...
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Master
    Academy in Waco, Tx has Wranglers in stick.

My cousin is looking for the bronze one- no joy yet. I had to ask about mine- they weren't in the display case at Academy in Fort Worth.
    Update- he found one in Burleson. I gave him a pic tutorial on the poor boy trigger job- living in town he'll have to wait to shoot it unless he has some CB/Colibris

Last edited by Texas by God; 09-20-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Sportsman warehouse finally had all three Wranglers in a few days ago, they said that the rush to buy them is slowing down. They were $199

Still have not heard on the 2 I ordered in April. Last I called they were still on back order. So I got a high standard double nine for a hundred bucks that is probably 90% nra for my grandson to go with his Henry.

My buddy Jimmy got one and I got to test drive her today. The loading gate is very stiff. Might could disassemble it and bend the spring. I couldn't stand it. Anyone else notice this?

We set up and shot at about 10 yards. I got about a 1 1/2"-1 3/4" group off hand but it was 1 1/2 low and 1"-1 1/4" left. The low could be remedied by filing the sight but left not so much. I couldn't hit my 6" plate at 25 yards at all even trying to hold to compensate. Hit it easily with the single six of course.

The timing was off slightly. The hammer catches just a bit before the cylinder locks. Pretty common on Rugers unless you send them back.

Interesting to see it has a free spin kit in it though. He bought it used but like new so we both assume that's standard. I didn't disassemble it. Would like to compare though to the single six.

Figured I'd share. Bazoo

They should have upped the price by $50 and put on better sights, like the single six.

The stiff loading gate is a little annoying but the free spin pawl is kinda cool. I tested mine with two brands of ammo and then filed down the front sight to allow 6 o’clock hold. It’s not in the same league as my Single Six but I do like it. Mine shoots CCI mini mags the best so far- no surprise there.

Boolit Master

It's not really fair to compare it to a Single Six. It's a good revolver for the money, but it's not a Single Six.

I ended up buying two of them. The second one I bought at Bi-Mart for $175. I see they raised the price to $199 now. I honestly don't mind the stiff loading gate, myself, doesn't bother me at all. Both of mine shot low. I filed the sight on the first one, haven't done the second one yet. Both of mine have perfect timing.

I seem to be collecting .22 pistols lately. I thought these Wranglers were a good deal, then I found a practically unfired Ruger Standard at a gun show for $190. I couldn't pass that up.

Better grips spiff them up nicely!

Banned

i don't mind the wrangler's stiffish load gate, but i'm not a fan of the free spin cylinder. aesthetically, i like to hear the cylinder rotation click and feel the "notch" - without those, i keep missing the chamber hole with the extractor. a very minor issue, however. love my wrangler. i need more of 'em.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I finally put my hands on a Wrangler, it was bronze and all the shop had so I didn't buy it. For under $200.00 this is a really nice piece, definitely a Ruger and not a Heritage. I thought it had a more lively feel in the hand than the old Single Six I had. While I would still prefer an adjustable rear sight, the fixed sights are easy enough for me to see. I think the free spin pawl is great, much prefer it over the other style.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Better grips spiff them up nicely!

Looked at one at Murdocs in Colorado and your grips look to fit much better.

I was in Academy yesterday and they had all three colors for $199 each. Those grips have the illusion of fitting better on the bronze one - they didn’t look right on my black one.

I want one more Wrangle to go with this one and i'll have a pair.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72379528_2485621794849881_8252578122218602496_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	252929
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast