RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionWideners

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: New Ruger Revolvers Introduced

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I thought I read that the grip frame is zinc and the frame is aluminum.
    Fatelk, we need a range report when you get a chance. Maybe a shoot off?
    Funny you mention that; I just got back from the range. I didn't spend much time there because my wife was with me, and it IS Mother's Day.

I had the Rough Rider, the Wrangler, and my old Ruger Standard auto. Lately I may not be the best one to judge handgun accuracy. Something's up with my eyes. The big 5-0 is just over the horizon, and I bought my first ever set of reading glasses just last month. Anyhow, I was shooting around 3" groups with all three pistols (with some fliers), 12 shot groups with the revolvers and a 10 shot group with the auto. I can usually do a little better than that, especially with the Standard. I did have one round keyhole wildly from the RR, even though I was being very careful to make sure the cylinder was fully indexed.

So far I really like the Wrangler, for what it is- a inexpensive little .22 revolver. I've read in a couple places that the frame is aluminum alloy, and the grip frame is pot metal.

I'm still kicking myself for passing up a used Single Six a few years back for $200 with the mag cylinder. I would have bought it except I was out of state and it would have entailed sending it to an FFL in my state, and I just didn't want to hassle with that.

The .22 WMR bullet is .224 compared to .223 for the .22 LR, and can have faster velocity.
    And some .22 WMR bullets are actually jacketed
    I love it when somebody says that. It shows me they never actually measured a 22lr bullet. Well I have. Many of them and I have yet to measure one that was less than .224 and most are .225-.226. So they are more than big enough to seal the .224 barrel. And even they were undersized when fired they would upset to fill the bore.
    Last edited by hatchet jack; 05-14-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticap View Post
    The forcing cone size could be related to the Heritage also being able to fire .22 WMR instead of .22LR only.
    The .22 WMR bullet is .224 compared to .223 for the .22 LR, and can have faster velocity.
    And some .22 WMR bullets are actually jacketed
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchet jack View Post
    I love it when somebody says that. It shows me they never actually measured a 22lr bullet. Well I have. Many of them and I have yet to measure one that was less than .224 and most are .225-.226. So they are more than big enough to seal the .224 barrel. And even they were undersized when fired they would upset to fill the bore.
    The context of my post had to do with one possible reason for the Heritage having a larger forcing cone being due to its ability to fire .22WMR bullets.
    Yet you didn't address that issue at all.
    I didn't say that .22LR was or wasn't large enough to fill the Heritage bore, but I did look up the bullet diameter for each cartridge.
    I agree that .22LR bullets can shoot very well through a bore meant for .224 bullets such as a stock AR barrel with a conversion bolt.
    Last edited by arcticap; 05-14-2019 at 11:03 PM.

The .22 WMR bullet is .224 compared to .223 for the .22 LR,
    Hi Arcticap my response was to the statement you made about the bullet diameters of the 22lr compared to the 22 mag bullet. Most assume the 22lr is .223 but I can't find a single example of any that are that size. But thats what we have always been told. Sort of makes you wonder why anyone would buy one of the Paco Kelly bullet sizers that are supposed to increase 22 bullets for a better fit. But its all good. If you get a chance mike a few 22lr bullets and report back what you find out. I bet you are surprised.

The context of my post had to do with one possible reason for the Heritage having a larger forcing cone being due to its ability to fire .22WMR bullets.
    Yet you didn't address that issue at all.
    I have never owned or shot a Heritage made gun so I don't comment on guns I have no experience with. But the photos others posted of how far the bullets are going into the forcing cone looks like some pretty sloppy fitting to me. I wouldn't like that if it were my gun. But there is no reason for the forcing cone to be that deep for a 22 mag round.

I have handled a few of them them when considering buying one but they were just too cheap looking for me to consider one. I know some like them but I think I'll pass.
    Last edited by hatchet jack; 05-15-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    A .32 S&W Long Wrangler would be cool. I didn't say H&R or Federal magnum due to the alloy frame. There us at least one Heritage RR thread here where several of us have documented what an inaccurate dog some of them are- mine included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I'd love to see a 32 Long as well.

Boolit Master

I wonder how long it's gonna be before they catch up with demand.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    I'd love to see a 32 Long as well.
    Me too! I would buy one.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678