Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Revolvers Introduced

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I'm wondering if Ruger will make conversion cylinders for the Wrangler; Mostly idle curiosity. Nor owned a rimfire revolver so far.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I gave my Henry .22 some exercise yesterday, and now I'm itching to give it a sidekick. Looking forward to getting a Wrangler!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    I'd love to see a 32 Long as well.
    Now we talking. I would still like to have a Bearcat line bored to .32 S&W-Long. Not Mag, just long.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

For those who would like a Wrangler with a bird's head grip frame, perhaps this would fit.--->>> https://www.midwayusa.com/product/82...ProductFinding

There's a photo of a revolver completed with a bird's head grip among the first customer reviews.
    Last edited by arcticap; 06-13-2019 at 02:21 PM.

This one might work better, Midway shows it is supposed to be available in July.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/97...x-in-the-white
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Man
    I think I’ll hold out for the 32 version with the 5 1/2” barrel and either a Super or bisley grip frame. They could call it the “super wrangler”, “top hand”, “almost vaquero” or whatever they want. But it would be a neat little revolver a guy with big hands can get ahold of.
    Let the stoning commence.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wl620 View Post
    I think I’ll hold out for the 32 version with the 5 1/2” barrel and either a Super or bisley grip frame. They could call it the “super wrangler”, “top hand”, “almost vaquero” or whatever they want. But it would be a neat little revolver a guy with big hands can get ahold of.
    Let the stoning commence.
    Why a stoning? That sounds like a cool gun.

I just thought I'd mention, I was just down at the local Bi-Mart, and they have Wranglers in stock for $175.

I saw the Silver version at Academy Sports. It looks good but I want to see the black one before I ask them to remove the trigger lock.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I'm waiting for the burnt bronze. My Grandson calls it the "golden guy".
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master

You all are going to laugh at me (maybe), but for some reason I went and bought another one. The first was a black one, and this one is silver. I took it to the range today, and I think it shoots even better than the first one, and I was plenty happy with it. I was getting groups under 2" at 50 feet, offhand. That's pretty good for me.

I think I really bought it for my son. He's 13 and just got his own .22 rifle a few months back. I haven't been able to get him much interested in shooting handguns yet. They're a lot harder to get accurate with, and right now all he seems to be interested in is loading up 25 round 10/22 magazines and emptying them. We are working on safety and responsibility first at this point, and marksmanship is coming along fine. Some day we'll get to pistols.

Either they aren't showing up around here, or they vanish as soon as they do. My local shop has a bunch on order and has gotten exactly one so far, it sold within an hour. Haven't seen them at the big box stores either.

We can't get them here too I have had 2 on order since late April and am being told still on back order and that Lipsey does not have them either.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

I suppose I should have bought the ONE I saw a month back- but I dont like silver guns....

Boolit Master

I was at a fun show week before last. I asked a guy at one of the tables and he said I was a little late - he sold 4 shortly after they opened the doors. I've called every gun shop I could think of in the general area. A day late and a dollar short at every turn.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

This might just be the hottest seller Ruger has ever come out with, even more than the LCP.

For you North Texas members, Academy Sports in Burleson south of Fort Worth has the silver and black Wranglers in stock, according to my cousin who was just there this morning. Of course I just bought four new tires for my pick up yesterday so I'm out of the running yet again.

Oh wait. Store Card......
    Got a black one.

Last edited by Texas by God; 09-07-2019 at 11:18 AM.

I had time to plink 6 rounds to waste a clay bird at 10 yards. Took a couple of misses on the pieces to figure out that it hits poa. I dropped one leg of the trigger spring and that helped. I tried some Blackhawk grips on it but they left to much frame showing at the bottom, I thought. It won't be babied so I'll leave the plastic pair on for now.
    More shooting will tell but I like it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I had time to plink 6 rounds to waste a clay bird at 10 yards. Took a couple of misses on the pieces to figure out that it hits poa. I dropped one leg of the trigger spring and that helped. I tried some Blackhawk grips on it but they left to much frame showing at the bottom, I thought. It won't be babied so I'll leave the plastic pair on for now.
    More shooting will tell but I like it so far!

Lookin' good! And no, they are STILL never in stock when I go shopping. My local guy says the very few he has gotten sold within an hour of being put under glass. How's the trigger pull on it? The Single Six I used to have had a smooth but very creepy trigger.

The trigger was a tad stout so I unhooked the left trigger spring hook and put the grips back on and it's much better.The loading gate spring is stout for sure.
    I polished and put spring kits in my Single Six and Blackhawk and they are sweet, but this one will wear in by itself by shooting and more shooting. I hope!

Back in 60s when there were a lot of German made SA 22s on the market they also had 32s. I never bought one new but had a couple used ones that shot pretty good. I think most people got the 22s because ammo was cheap and everyone likes a 22 to play with. Today I think a 32 SA would be a good seller. The 32 is a accurate round and would be a hedge against 22 ammo problems for guys that load. During the 22ammo panic I had and still have back up 22 ammo. Even at that I shot 32, 32/20 and 25/20 more than I ever did before. If Ruger comes out with 32 Wrangler I'll buy one. I had a Single-6 32mag and a Buckeye Special back in 80s but traded them off. I quit Ruger SAs when they changed to new model but will overlook that for a 32. At the cost of a Wrangler I wouldn't hesitate to do a little work on it and install adj sights.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast