Thread: Feral boar vs 220Rcbs clone

Boolit Master

Feral boar vs 220Rcbs clone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3ACAB26C-01F0-4400-B606-730A58C9E03C.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	240023
    Shot him behind the near shoulder, exiting in front of the far shoulder. NOE clone of the RCBS 200, right at 220 all dressed in my alloy. Was running 1850 by the clubs chronograph. Bang flop, but processor trimmed bout shoulders when he quartered it,so I am not sure how bad it really was. I have about 140# of pork in a cooler. Cut some pork chops for the grill last night, good flavor but slightly tough. Really no more so than about half of what we get from Kroger. Got a few days of cutting and wrapping ahead of me, and grinding lean “ham” burger! Good trip with a good friend, planning another next fall!
    Oh, that’s a 1925 vintage M14, our guide completely approved of the rifle and 35Rem chambering.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

That's a great setup, great target and great shooting!!

Nice hunt with a fine rifle. I have heard mixed results on the taste of feral swine - usually the smaller the better and the really big ones are best left for the vultures.

Boolit Master

DEMS SOME GOOD VIDDLES!!!

Congrats!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Well done
    Thank you for sharing
    Go get um !!
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Grand Master

You mean a decent boolit weight at relatively medium speed can kill a hog???
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    But..but..but..everyone knows that a 35 reminton will just bounce off ahog. It takes a eargasplitzenloudengaboomen to kill even the smallest of them......

Good shot, good story....well done Sir!

Thank you for the killing that pig and using a classic rifle and cartridge to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 04-18-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Excellent shot! Great eating too! Low and slow on the grill!

Boolit Master
    Thanks folks! Had a good time and the pork chops ain’t bad either
    Think my buddy may be getting into casting. He has a Ruger bolt gun in 45 bushmaster and was shooting a 250gr gummy tip bullet. Next trip I think he may be using a 300+gr cast fn. He was somewhat surprised by the old 35 shooting cast. May have been thinking I had brought a chipmunk gun hog hunting
    Am I the only one that snickers every time I hear “bushmaster”, Guess I haven’t progressed past high school......
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

I once killed a pig in New Braunfels, TX with my .38 snubbie, stoked with a 160gr medium cast SWC. No need for the magnums. Well done on the pork, and enjoy those chops. I cook my chops to 145* with nothing but a little salt and pepper. Melt in your mouth goodness.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Very nice shot!! Good hog also. Yep, salt and pepper is about all you going to need on that grill! Yeah, I get the same thing about cast lead boolits. “ that thang kill a deer? “ Naw, Skippy, it just barely gets to the paper target!! Hahaha!! PPPFFFFTTTTTT! Good job on that hog.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

.35 Remington is very, very underrated by those who have never used one.

I have taken deer and wild hogs with Marlin .35 Rem. rifles and .35 Rem Super 14 Contender, and it gets the job done great.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Craig Boddington has written often that he finds 35s much more effective than 30 cals on his bear hunts. I used to live next door to a guy that liked how his 35 Whelen dropped big whitetails, and now have a friend who bought a used Ruger #1 9.3X74 that tipped over a good black bear. Bullet diameter has distinct advantages.

Banned

Like Red said, "you can't teach height"
    You can't teach big
    Nothing like pre-expanded bullet
    It is all about the meplat
    Lead ﹰBullets ﹰTechnology

Boolit Buddy

Great story and great gun! I just picked up a M141 1940 model in 35 Remington and cast some RCBS 35 waiting to see how they shoot, I have great faith in the 35 Remington as many hogs have banged plopped with a 336 non-micro grove rifle in 35 Remington! Good job!
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

Boolit Master

I'll add my $0.02 to say congratulations on a job well done using a classic rifle and boolit to get it done. I have never had the opportunity to go after a hog. I did feast on an Oklahoma hog at church last Sunday evening at our monthly "men and boys" meeting. It was slow cooked on the grill in back and then shredded into some good sandwich meat. A little slaw and baked beans and it was right good! A good crowd of men showed up and I heard no complaining from anyone. I even saw a wife or two slip out of the ladies meeting and get some.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Well, update, I found the entrance hole in the near shoulder. Literally will eat right up to it, anout a half inch dia. My bullet did shed it's gas check in that hole. Thats how I found it, no bloodshot at all. So the bone shards from the broken ribs is what caused the off shoulder damage and blood shot meat. Far as I am concerned, bullet preformed perfectly.
    I introduced the tenderloin to my cast iron this morning and merged with buscuits. Little salt and pepper in the flour was perfection as well. Going to put some bones on the grill this weekend. Yep, probably going again in a year or so. This is my first guided hunt and I was very pleased with the lodge and it was definately a fair chase operation. Good folk too.

Boolit Master

Nice. That fellow looks like a recent escapee. Good thing you "captured" him!

Boolit Master

I think ferals tend to run a bit leaner. For me I have found smoking to be the preferred cooking method on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast