WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Sheridan Blue Streak

Boolit Bub

Sheridan Blue Streak

Friend of mine passed away bout 1 year ago. His girl friend gave me his old Sheridan air rifle. Trying to find out what model it is, and if it is fixable. I'm thinking he bought it between 1965 and 75. The only markings I can find are on the right side of the receiver just below the bolt. Says Sheridan Products Inc, and below that, Racing Wisc USA. Hold Down to Fire on tang. Iron sights. Cap on end of tube is a grey color if that means anything. Rifle does not pump up. Suspect seals of some kind? Do it yourself job? Came with 3 yellow boxes of Sheridan 5mm pellets 500 rnds each, so I'm guessing that is the caliber. Does not state caliber anywhere on the gun that I can see. Thanks for any info...Bill

Boolit Master

Gateway to Airguns and Airgun Nation are two sources of in depth information and airgun repairs.
    Links already here in the airgun posts.

Oh, and if memory serves me . . ."Blue Streak" is the model
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

Bunch of folks can rebuild it for ya. Yea it is doable at home. But my timeis more value able. Lookup place was in california. Tim at Mac1airguns He forgot more than most know about these.

He has done three for me two steroid rebuilds and one regular after I attempted it.

Older ines have leather seals.

If your set on doing it. Buy the parts from him you get proper parts that way.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

5mm, it should say on the yellow ammo boxes.
    Halfway between .177 and .22.

Should be fixable, but do some googleing first so you know what your doing.

I bought my Blue Streak in the early 70's, have fired thousands of rounds through it, most at 2 or 3 pumps. Beyond 50 yards I go to 4.

A drop of oil once a decade or so. Your wife may die, or divorce you, your dog will die, your truck will fall to rust before your blue streak will fail you. Yeah I feel rather strongly about mine.

IMO they they are an ideal **** put meat in the pot air rifle.

If you can find a .20 caliber mold, or make one, you don't even have to buy pellets.

I have shot at least 50 .22 cal round balls from a buckshot mold through my .22 break action air rifles.

If needed I would find a way to make a tapered hole and swage them down.

You have a wonderful piece of Americana in your hands. With a rich history, a great design, and quality workmanship. Restore it, carefully, and treasure it.

Boolit Master

NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

If your lucky, it may just need a good oiling on the pump head to get it pumping again, but may well need re sealing.
    “Baker Airguns”, “Mac1 Airguns” might be good folks to contact if you can’t do it yourself. You can google them.

Gateway to airguns or GTA has a whole section dedicated to the older pumpers and is a wealth of information on them on them.

I’d try some pell gun oil on the pump head first... work the pump arm to get the oil flowing through the valve and on the seals. Sometimes that’s all it takes if it has’nt been stored dry for so long the seals are just pretty well gone.
    For sure don’t use a detergent type oil in it.

Boolit Master
    I had one back in the sixtys, and put many thousands of shots thru it. I could reliably snuff out a candle and occasionaly light a kitchen match with it across the basement.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Wonderful guns. Get it resealed and you're in business! My truck couldn't carry all the squirrels mine has killed.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    IIRC,the blued version was the"Blue Streak" and the chrome was the"Silver Streak".Same gun,different finish.A friend and my self put a bunch of small game in the freezer with one.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    I bought the new version in 177 not long ago but am disappointed with the accuracy. Then I found an older Blue Streak in 5mm and like it much better as it is fairly accurate.

Boolit Master
    You have one of the all time best air rifles! My BlueStreak with the hold down safety is my favorite plinker and goofing off in the woods airgun. They predated the rocker safety which is still a sought after rifle. Yours is late fifties or (more likely) early sixties vintage. They are repairable and most definitely worth the effort. Mine is a tack driver with HN Field target trophy pellets. You are a lucky guy!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    I paid $38.00 for mine in 1968, just had it out Sunday. I have three Grandsons that will be shooting it soon. smile:

Banned
    ATF is good for pumpers, after getting fixed store with one pump of air to keep seals expanded. Great air rifles and my favorite, have several

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    If your lucky, it may just need a good oiling on the pump head to get it pumping again, but may well need re sealing.
    “Baker Airguns”, “Mac1 Airguns” might be good folks to contact if you can’t do it yourself. You can google them.

Gateway to airguns or GTA has a whole section dedicated to the older pumpers and is a wealth of information on them on them.

I’d try some pell gun oil on the pump head first... work the pump arm to get the oil flowing through the valve and on the seals. Sometimes that’s all it takes if it has’nt been stored dry for so long the seals are just pretty well gone.
    For sure don’t use a detergent type oil in it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Boolit Master
    Yep its a 5mm and they were a beast of a air rifle. When I was a kid my friends dad had one with only 5 pumps it would crack like a .22lr going off he used it around the house and garden on pests. We use to use it on cans & small game and always used to joke that if you could get it pumped up to the full 10 pumps you were a real man. I had one for awhile but traded it off when I discovered cb caps.

Try cocking the rifle before pumping, some versions of that rifle acted just like the seals were shot until you cocked the bolt. A buddy picked one up at a garage sale because it wouldn't "pump up".

Got home, was playing with it, cocked the bolt and miracle of miracles, the seal was "repaired".

Best 5 bucks he ever spent on a gun.