Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What Bible software/app do you use?

USMC 77, USRA 79

What Bible software/app do you use?

Blessings all...

What Bible app or software do you use for study??? Of course we all have printed bibles in multiple versions and so on.. but do you use an app on your IPad/iPhone? Android? Computer? I will go first..

I use an app on my IPad called Tecarta Bible App. I have been using it now for almost 8 years give or take. I just LOVE this app.. it lets you download just about any study Bible, or bible version, all of the major commentaries throughout the ages, Strong’s concordances, and best of all, easy bookmarking, highlighting, and journaling/note taking.. I have all of the notes I have made to myself on everything imaginable available at my fingertips. They are searchable. All of the maps, word searches and other content are just amazing. This single product has changed the way I study, and the amount I study. Talk about an increase... and it allows me to sync between all my devices with just a click... do I recommend it??? You Bet!! I have invested in the app over the years purchasing other study bibles. I have most of them, and use them all the time.

Marko

PS.. forgot to mention it allows me to change the font so I can actually read it without my reading glasses...
    Last edited by Markopolo; 04-16-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    I read from Bible gateway I like that I can have three translations on the same page at the same time

I use the blue letter bible for the Greek translation

I like bible hub for cross refrance
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Much Like Ronnie I usually use Biblegateway . Occasionally look at others but still like to open a 'real' bible . I miss the sound of everyone turning pages during bible study .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

I downloaded Amplified translation on my E-reader
    Really makes sense to me
    I have many different translations in physical form
    Not a big fan of modern translations, but if it works for a brother, good.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Yea . I forgot to mention I'm a KJV guy . I usually use NKJV in posts , can be easier to understand for most now . lol , Preacher Jim gently guided me on the phone to go with easier to use an easier translation . Also use NIV on the ..reading the bible thread . It is GOD's word so why put up something folks can't read and understand . Thank you Preacher Jim !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

If you have not done so, give the Amplified translation a look-see.
    To me it is more of the sublime Word.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wow... I guess I am the only IPad bible thumper... I do find myself caressing or touching my sons bible while in service.. there is something to be said for the touch of God’s word. It just feels good. Especially compared to the plastic feel of my IPad cover... but as I take my iPad mini everywhere, my entire bible collection, notes for the last 8 years, and everything is always with me in my heart, and in my hand... also, no internet is required to run the app. Good for folks that live in the woods and Internet is a real luxury.

morty, I have the amplified.. and like it. It lives in my IPad as well. I do need to remember that is an interpretation, and not a translation. But a very good one.. when I am struggling to understand something, amplified usually puts into a context even a wierdo like me can understand..

Marko

I was an early adopter of ebooks.

Currently I do most of my reading on a little Asus convertable tablet.
    Book Bazaar is my prefered app, free from the windows app store.

I then downloaded a 1611 King James Red Letter bible in ebook format.
    I like it because the table of contents works. Right click, TOC comes up, click a book, shazzam your there. No searching.

I also have a few other additions, like the complete book of Enoch.

I don't read my bible enough. It is one of my failings. Not a sin perhaps, but a failing.

Boolit Buddy
    E-Sword .net, changed my life as far as bible study. multiple translations, multiple commentaries,multiple dictionaries,bible encyclopedias, and much much more, and it's free. also add-ones some free some a small fee. If you want a full blown bible software , this is it all for free downloadable. here it is, https://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

I have found bible apps intrusive. They send "friendly" prompt and reminders that annoy me. And I'm ever vigilant about my personal information being obtained by some of these programs. I do have a Kindle ESV for when I travel and read my daily devotional on the Kindle, but I otherwise read my hardcopy ESV. Much easier to annotate than my eReader.

Boolit Master
    I use the iPad
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

USMC 77, USRA 79

Boolit Buddy

YouVersion is the bible app I use. It's has dozens of translations to choose from

Boolit Master
    The link didn't work for me ?

<(*)(()><

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Wow... I guess I am the only IPad bible thumper... I do find myself caressing or touching my sons bible while in service.. there is something to be said for the touch of God’s word. It just feels good. Especially compared to the plastic feel of my IPad cover... but as I take my iPad mini everywhere, my entire bible collection, notes for the last 8 years, and everything is always with me in my heart, and in my hand... also, no internet is required to run the app. Good for folks that live in the woods and Internet is a real luxury.

morty, I have the amplified.. and like it. It lives in my IPad as well. I do need to remember that is an interpretation, and not a translation. But a very good one.. when I am struggling to understand something, amplified usually puts into a context even a wierdo like me can understand..

Marko
    It is a translation, just clarification of the traslation.
    It is spelked out in the introduction as to how the traslation was created and how to best use it.
    You should try out a Kindle PaperWhite
    Rather than having bluelight aimed at you retinas, white light is aimed across the page. Much easier on the eyes. Try it, you will see the light...

Boolit Master

I like libronix but use a physical hcsb study Bible and a parallel Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic the most.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

USMC 77, USRA 79

Lol.. your too funny Morty..