Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What was your first motorcycle?

600 Honda then a 82 gl1100 which i still got plan on keeping it for a long time. got about 150000 on it

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a new 1973 Yamaha 250 enduro, I was 19 years old. wow it was a long time ago.

Boolit Master
    bsa a10 1954 gold flash in 1970 when I was 16 cost £12.50 .

Boolit Buddy
    175 Harley Davidson, *** made while AMC ran things.
    Just brought home an 88 Honda 1500 Gold Wing.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master
    A 1967 Bultaco MetrallaAttachment 239943
    Last edited by Rick Hodges; 04-16-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Suzuki 650F, then Kaw Z600 and Yamaha metric cruiser, then Kawi ZX14-R. Loved the "zed ex". Awesome torque monster with HP galore. Big and comfortable too. Then reality sets in and I have to raise my boys as a single father and it goes down the road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86F729F0-CB39-499E-8B0E-66625121A214.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	239968

After the home cobbled mini-bike...

there was this...fun for a while but it was a dog.

Now after many different bikes over the decades, there's this...

and it ain't no dog.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    Honda CB400. then 750--Goldwing---Valkyrie---other goldwing and now Harley. Wish I still had the Valkyrie

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    In my late 60s and unfortunately, I haven't gotten my "first motorcycle" yet. I always wanted a nice Harley though . . . . probably a good thing I never got one. I always figured I would probably throw a bedroll on the back and once on the road . . .just keep going! But I enjoy seeing others enjoy their bikes and have always appreciated a ride on one when a friend had one.

Boolit Grand Master

1967 Suzuki 380 GT three cyl. 2 cycle w/oil inj. Still have it.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda GL1000 78.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	239981

1978 Honda GL1000
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Solex, if that counts.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

1969 Kawasaki Mach III H1, 500 cc , triple cylinder , triple carb. , two-stroke.
    It developed more horse power than the car I owned that year.
    The bike weighed only 384 pounds and had a higher hp to lb ratio of any other machine on the street.
    A few runs at the drag strip turned in 1/4 mile runs with 12.4 second / 124 mph times.
    I was a happy motorcycle camper with this one. I smoked a lot of Honda's with this one.

As fast as it was I never did like the two stroke oil burning with the gas or how the two stroke engine sounded... After awhile I got a deal on a old 1965 Triumph Tiger T100 , 500 cc , twin cylinder , 4 stroke ....not as fast but it didn't burn oil , sounded and looked good ...
    I kept the Kawasaki also ...just for when the need for speed hit me....Sweet Bikes both .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Mid to late 60's Yamaha. I later owned a Honda 125 cc twin. That Honda "could" go on the highway but essentially had to draft a semi to keep up. I would ride the kids around on the BMX track with it and commute. The Honda was supplanted in my affections by a 1966 Triumph TR6R 650 road bike which I rescued from a barn, restored and still own

This was the model of Yamaha. When I got it in the 70's it was beat up pretty badly. I got it functional except for the clutch. Sold it. Kept wiping out trying to slow down for corners without a proper clutch.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    1969 Kawasaki Mach III H1, 500 cc , triple cylinder , triple carb. , two-stroke.
    It developed more horse power than the car I owned that year.
    The bike weighed only 384 pounds and had a higher hp to lb ratio of any other machine on the street.
    A few runs at the drag strip turned in 1/4 mile runs with 12.4 second / 124 mph times.
    I was a happy motorcycle camper with this one. I smoked a lot of Honda's with this one.

As fast as it was I never did like the two stroke oil burning with the gas or how the two stroke engine sounded... After awhile I got a deal on a old 1965 Triumph Tiger T100 , 500 cc , twin cylinder , 4 stroke ....not as fast but it didn't burn oil , sounded and looked good ...
    I kept the Kawasaki also ...just for when the need for speed hit me....Sweet Bikes both .
    Gary
    Had a good friend who's older brother had the 750 Kawasaki triple. Man that bike could fly. Was set up for strictly drag strip until he flipped it. Then gave it a tank, some lights and rode it on the road.

Funniest thing I ever saw was a guy running the long straight drive from the high school out to the road on one of those Kawasaki racing green triples trying to "pull" the handle bars up to get a wheelie because he didn't know how to do it with the engine and clutch. Shift, yank, zoom. Shift, yank, zoom. Shift, yank, zoom. And out of road to be looking silly on. From the side it was a hoot.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Kawasaki mach 4, I think it was a 1973. Not much of a learner's bike! I did learn how to replace parts after wrecking it several times, so maybe it was a learner's bike after all.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Harley Hummer at age 13. 1957. Then 4 Honda's 250, 450, another 450 all trail bikes, 500 cc dirt bike. and a Kawasaki 500, 3 cylinder , 2 cycle .

Fun toys. New 1965 Corvette coupe.
    Last edited by 243winxb; 04-16-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Ha, Honda Goldwing, an 84 GL1200 model. What a HEAVY bike for a first time rider. Got it when I was about 40 or so. Daughter LOVED me to pick her up from school on that thing. Kept it about 6 or 7 years and put a lot of miles on it. Sold it when I was just about run over and decided a real vehicle would be a bit safer.

Got a used RM85 given to me in '81. I was too big for it, but it was a lot of fun. Since then :
    Kawasaki Z400
    Kawasaki H2 750 Triple
    Kawasaki 750LTD
    Yamaha V-Max
    Kawasaki 900 Eliminator
    Kawasaki 1600 Mean Streak

A couple of patterns have emerged over the years.

Boolit Master

Suzuki 250 dirt bike. Younger brother had a Honda Elsinore.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast