RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What was your first motorcycle?

1st bike was a Yamaha GT 80, I was 13. Next was a Honda 185 twin star, I was 14. Then a 1984 750 Honda Interceptor, I was 19. From there it all went down hill, I was hooked. Started road racing & owned several roadracers, zx6, cbr f2, cbr 900rr, R1, R6, Ducati monster S4. While all that was going on, I motocrossed too, mostly endurance & cross country. Dr350 sent to Thumper racing to be a 435, ktm 300exc, wr400, cr500, 441 Victor bsa, a 76 xt500 & a 79 xt500, xr100, 69 Kawasaki bushwacker 175. At one time I had 8 motorcycles, 4 dirt, 4 street. Now I'm 48 & have slowed down some, just bought a 2016 BMW s1000r & still have the xt500's for my dirt bike fix.

Cast Hunter

1975 Yamaha RD350 2-stroke. That was a quick little bike! Just have ATVs and a boat now.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Man
    I got a 1968 Bridgestone 175 when I was 14.

Boolit Master

Triumph Bonneville 750.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master

MotoGuzzi 125 scrambler
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

First bike, 1999 Yamaha R1. I bought in 2001 and had it stolen about a year later. Got a second '99 R1 which I had for about two years. Sold it to a friend before I went overseas. Then, bought a 2005 R1. It was the first vehicle I ever bought brand new. It is still parked in my garage. I don't get out as much as I used to but still enjoy going faster than I should.

In Remembrance
    My first one is kind of embarrassing, but I bought it when I was 9 years old and thought I was king of the hill. It was a moped, I don't what actual cc it was, but you turned the throttle all the way forward to trip the decompression valve and pedaled it to get her going then hammered on the throttle to fire that baby up. I have owned a lot of them sinc, that was not quite so embarrassing. lol

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BikerTruths11.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	240040
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Honda Trail 70 when I was in 7th grade. I've had many since then.

Boolit Master
    Bridgestone 90 w/rotary shift, back in '71
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Boolit Master

I'm not sure it counts, but I had a power wheels that was stickered up to look like a CHP bike shortly after I could walk.

I remember going for little rides on the tank of my dad's Honda 750 super sport when I was little.

At some point, my brother and I were able to talk my parents into getting the Honda Z50 my cousin was selling. Back before the internet, getting parts was always tricky. My brother crashed the Z50 into a wall and we could never get spark again. These days I could go on a number of sites and have a new CDI box here in a week or so.

Next was a Suzuki DS80. Air cooled 2 stroke. Came to us with broken levers. We were able to find a brake lever but no clutch. Shops never were able to order in a clutch lever or second brake lever so I could have both. The brake lever worked upside down as a clutch. I rode a ton of miles with no front brake. That was the first one I could really see as "mine" because my brother claimed the LT80 4 wheeler that came along next.

My brother got my parents to buy him another dirt bike about the time I was in high school. It was a Yamaha TTR225. It was a 4 stroke that was a good trail bike or could've made a good enduro. But my brother wanted a high flying MX bike. It wound up sitting in the garage after a short and rough life, with it being pretty beat up from him riding it like an MX bike.

I'd come close to buying a street bike several times and really wanted a CBR600. But I lived at home, didn't make much money, and my parents were totally against street bikes.

When I was 22 I couldn't take it anymore and got my first street bike. I got a Suzuki Marauder. It was really cool for a metric. Non-bike people all thought I had a Harley fat boy. It was an 800cc v-twin. Lots of chrome, mag style wheels, and drag bars. It came already with a Corbin seat on it.

As I got comfortable street riding, I kept pushing it faster, and I soon realized that I was beyond the safe limits of those brakes and tires. I also acquired the TTR from my brother and was working on a street legal enduro conversion for it somewhere in there.

I sold the Marauder and got a brand new 2004 GSX-R 600. It was the only new vehicle I've ever owned.

I came across a deal on a 06 GSX-R 750 and picked it up. It was a project bike, but I sold the 04. Later on, I sold the 06 to have money to put towards a house. I really miss the GSX-Rs.

I picked up a DRZ-400 that was converted to supermoto. It had a different head and carbs than the one Suzuki produced as an official model later, as well as a plastic tank instead of steel. I sold it after I moved and was short on storage space.

I also got into mini racing on a Thumpstar 125. It was a Chinese built CRF clone. At the time there was a spec class where everybody was on the same make and model, with minimal mods allowed. Now that was some tight, fun racing.

I bought a Ducati 996 from my dad later on, but eventually sold it back to him. The only street bike I have left right now is a Ducati Monster S2R.

That may explain my forum handle. That and I also like cycling and mountain biking.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A red 1948 Indian Chief.

Boolit Master
    A Honda C110 the 50cc sport bike was my first then:
    250 Ducati scrambler
    250 Honda Hawk
    Honda S90
    Kawasaki 90
    Honda S100
    Kawasaki 500 H1
    Honda 500 4
    Honda XL 250
    Honda 750 4
    And finally a BMW R1100RS. I'm now 70 and a BMW has been on my list since I worked as a motorcycle mechanic from 1967-1975. This one is a keeper.

Boolit Master
    Does this count?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img1237-1508769896873.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	240059
    Bob

1972 BMW R/75, bored out to 900 by a BMW mechanic that traded it in and got the first year model of the R/90. Bought a 1973 to ride while I am restoring the '72. Like others, I'm older and a little wiser now. Don't do some of the stupid stuff I used to on bikes anymore. But do understand about the dogs in the windows!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    1966 Honda 50cc
    Attachment 239896
    Same here, then a Honda 305 Super Hawk, 305 Scrambler, 48 HD Panhead, 67 Electra Glide, and a few others after that.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    1975 Yamaha RD350 2-stroke. That was a quick little bike! Just have ATVs and a boat now.
    That's what I took my road test on, belonged to a buddy, he had bought it new and kept it in absolutely pristine condition. My Italian Harley would not pass the safety check that was required before the "road" test. No mirrors, both mufflers blown out (yes, Italian engineering at it's finest--a single cylinder with a "Y" pipe coming out of the exhaust manifold going into 2 full sized mufflers, for a 350), bent rear rim, no speedo, most of the fenders hacksawed off, no horn. But it ran.

The "road" test consisted of getting on the bike, starting it, riding about 5 parking space widths in a parking lot, doing a U-turn then coming back and stopping without falling over. But the State of Michigan has gotten my cycle endorsement fee every 3 years since.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BikerTruths11.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	240040
    I vote 'best post in thread' for this one.

Boolit Master

And I know why dogs love to stick their heads out the car window.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

"I bought a Ducati 996 from my dad later on, but eventually sold it back to him. The only street bike I have left right now is a Ducati Monster S2R."

…….now this, this is NOT a sad story. I've seen a reference or two to a Guzzi….always on my dream list, but the Ducati has occupied the garage for a looooong time. I do love them.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast