Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What was your first motorcycle?

Banned

cousin had one when we were young. thing was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    1969 Rokon Trailbreaker. It is one of three that I own.
    I had a minibike when I was young. My father was a physician so he forbid motorcycles. He said that if we spent a weekend in the ER and would see the injuries that motorcycle crashes caused and if we still wanted one after that he would buy us whatever we wanted. Me and my brother had our bikes picked out but Dad never kept up his end of the bargain.

Banned

750 and even the 500 Kawasaki triples put a good many in the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDuke View Post
    CB450 Honda for a few weeks. Then a 1976 GL-1000. Just a few weeks after I got my MC endorsement, the Sgt. in roll call asked if anyone had cycle endorsement and wanted to ride. Shhhhaaaawwwing! I was on my Dept. bike when I got a call of a motorcycle vs. school bus 10-50. The kid had just sinced his carbs on his Kawasaki triple. The school bus was turning left into the school lot when the kid on the Kawi hit the passenger side rear dual wheels. The speedo was busted and wedged at 85. The bus moved sideways exactly 6 inches. The 10-50 was in a 25 mph residential zone.
    Dept. AMF Harleys, a KZ900, and a KZ1000 before the local Harley dealer declared our Dept. was never going to ride foreign bikes again. My own herd had 3 Gold wings, 3 Harleys, a BMW R100RT, and most recent a 2017 Indian Chief Vintage. I like the Indian best of anything I have ridden.
    Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket View Post
    305 Honda Dream
    First full sized bike I rode, I was probably 13, belonged to an older buddy, he was 4 years older than me. He had tons of cool stuff, his old man ran a junk yard(Automotive Salvage!, this ain't no JUNK YARD! said his dad---it was a junk yard). Jimmy was buying salvage bikes/cars before he was 16 from the salvage auctions. He went through all the Impala's when they were cool 61-66, Mustangs, Camaro's, Road Runners, Chargers, GTX's, Chevelle's, Corvette's, 750 Honda's, Sportsters, too many Z-1's too count. Yamaha Excessive 11. That was the only bike that truly scared me. Rode it twice--the second time just to make sure it really did scare me that much. It did. The road the Automotive Salvage yard was on was over two miles long of nice pavement and very little traffic. There wasn't any of Jim's toys that didn't run out of throttle before you ran out of road or nerve. Wish I had a total of the number of speedo needles that were bent on that road. It was a pretty popular stretch of road.

Boolit Bub

CR500. Many bikes have come and gone in my garage, I still have my 500.

Boolit Grand Master

1999 HD Softail Custom.Still have it. My now wife showed me how to drive here 440 Kawasaki. I took it for a couple of spins then went to get a 750 Vulcan from a friend of hers that sells used. Walked in and past the Softail, backed up to look at it, pointed at it and said "I Want That One"
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Penton ISDT 6 Day 125cc. The coolest trail rider I ever saw.....until KTM took over then they got even nicer.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Mold
    Bultaco 100 Pursang

Boolit Master
    Had a dirt bike in the 70's but never cared for that. First road bike was a 1971 XLCH, lot of fun at the time but not now. Ended up with two old BMW R90/6's, a '74 and'76. I rode them for years and still have them but had to quit. I miss it but the way the traffic is and me getting older and slower I don't think I want to deal with it again.

Beemer

Boolit Master
    1993 Honda CBR 600. It was like riding a rocket
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

1980 kz750.

owned it for about 5 minutes. Test drove it, ran fine. paid for it. Started it to drive home - and it hiccuped and caught fire. burned to the ground right in front of the three of us. prev owner was like - "bummer. sucks to be you", and left. Was not happy to say the least.

Banned

buddy had a 250 pursing. Hell of a bike till the japs started buiding dedicate mx bikes instead of modifying here street enduros. I still remember as a kid seen the bultacos and maicos and huskys dominating the tracks around home. Seems like someone through a lights switch one year and all you saw were yzs Elsinore kx's and rm's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzdapig View Post
    Bultaco 100 Pursang

in Remebrance
    Harley 165 back in '62. Thought I had a real bike. Too darn old and stove up but the urge is still there. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master
    I had one, when properly tuned they were very fast, on the other end of the spectrum worst brakes I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    1975 Suzuki GT-550. 3 cylinder, 2 stroke. Made for the street. Fast as heck. Wish I still had it.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

First was in 1964. Honda 150 Dream. Second was more exciting, Late 50's AJS 500 single. At idle you could feel the piston going up and down. Looked like this one but not as nice.Attachment 240432
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Boolit Master
    First bike was a Honda z50 at 4 years old, followed by about 35 dirt bikes, street and trails or dual sports. Never had enough sense to own a street bike and I’m sure I’d still ride it like an idiot if I had one now.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

My first a 350 Honda, my last a 750 Triumph Trophy. The Trump is in pieces in my attic and maybe my nephews attic or in the barns attics in the farm I had in the 80's.

I stopped riding in the early 80's after responding in the large metropolitan city I was a professional FF in to a hundred or so accidents involving MC.

Training in survival [in my trade] made me quit. Riding was fun but not worth the consequences to me. I got enough adrenaline rushes at work to affect my health. I did not need to seek any other ones.

Boolit Master
    1958 J-Be, a 125cc Sachs engined West German street bike imported by Berliner Motors. Passed down by my brother in 1960 when he got his drivers license.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Banned

very cool
    Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    First was in 1964. Honda 150 Dream. Second was more exciting, Late 50's AJS 500 single. At idle you could feel the piston going up and down. Looked like this one but not as nice.Attachment 240432

IIRC I saw one of the Kawa 750 3cyl 2 strokes set up as a drag or fast street machine. Very low built with pipes that must have come off a diesel rig. Really large dia front forks but no wheely bar. Cowel and headlight so must have been street legal. Kinda layed on it vs sitting. Called the mean green machine. Always thought the Norton 500TT was the best but younger bro had a 60's era Atlas - he said it was a 850. Ran it into the back of a PU truck. Got an Alfa 1600 sprint with dual webers. I tried fixing the dist. as he didn't turn the grease cup on it. Marelli is EXPENSIVE. He had troubles with it and mech. tried to fix it, dropped the cam chain into the pan so Dad said sell the thing.
    Whatever!

Boolit Mold
    Started out on a Yamaha xs650, first winter I traded it for a HD Sportster. Currently have a 2005 HD RoadKing

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast