Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: How often do you actually read the Word?

USMC 77, USRA 79

How often do you actually read the Word?

Morning brothers..

How often do you actually read, as a habit the word? Talking about a weekly average, or monthly average, but not worried about a day you missed due to this or that. And I am also not talking about a a verse.. I am talking about reading/study/getting close.

Nobody is judged, was just curious who has a daily reading-prayer relationship..

I will start...

I try not to just grab a verse and out the door. I love my early morning 4am time with God and the book. I am kinda a First Fruits of the day sort of guy. I tend to pick a mystery, and ask God to reveal it through his word. The last mystery God revealed was the 2 witness’s.. I wanted to know who they were by name.

Who else?
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy

Daily devotions but several times a week I go further than that.
    Jeff

Banned
    I don't read as much as I should anymore (I bet you never heard that one). However. "As the Word if God is living and active...", It is alive in my heart. I think about it a lot. Learning to apply the Word to life, now decades later it is easy to see the how it transforms a person.
    I believe that God's word is the most important thing a person can possibly learn in life. When coupled with regular prayer (walking with God) It affords a person the great joy of God's Kingdom. (I have a flood of scriptures coming to mind right now).
    When I was a child I reckoned that the only real goal of life was to Know God. Probably the greatest discernment I have ever come by. "His divine power gives everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him" .
    Many many people of the past learned to read for one purpose...so they could read God's word.
    There is a reference in the Psalms that says something like "to store up your word in my heart is my greatest treasure" .

Boolit Master

I read every day. I try to read through the Bible about every 9 or 10 months. I will change translations each time and occasionally read a chronological version.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I read it daily . The phase I'm in now is to search out scripture on different topics . The reading is addictive once you begin . I use to like reading full books over several times over again .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy
    I read a daily book of prayers with Scripture verses every morning before work, and I read one chapter of the Bible in six different versions of study Bibles every night before bed. I try to not miss any days but there are times life gets in the way. If I miss a day of either I try to make it up the next day. I don't consider myself more or less religious then anyone else this is just the way the Lord leads me. I believe everyone has their own walk with the Lord and no one should ever be judgmental of anyone. We are all children of God!

USMC 77, USRA 79

All I can say is, Praise God... this is awesome..

Hebrews 10:16-18 NKJV
    [16] "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," [17] then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." [18] Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Blessings all!!!

Boolit Master
    I read daily. I study three times a week or so. If I'm asked to give the message on Sunday it's more
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Daily.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Not nearly enough. Got to be more like my mom who for her last 10 years or so spent hours a day reading and studying.

Sunday: readings for that day's mass
    Mon-Thurs: daily devotional + 1 chapter from my selected book (currently Hosea) and all notes from study bible
    Friday: daily devotional + 1 chapter from whatever interests me (often a Psalm) and all notes from study bible
    Saturday: daily devotional only

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wooooo hooo... lots of warriors here...

We are but a remnant, Markopolo. The world is against God and against us. I remind myself often that God is in control, not the world.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Nothing new about that sparky. And the word tells us about that sort of thing... it’s all good, we are on a business trip.. God is keeping my receipts..... and I will lay them at his feet when it is time. Everything points to persecution. Looks like lots of folks wearing their armor.